+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Hey friends,

An update: no formal AOR2, but after a letter from IRCC that file was transferred to Sydney (Australia) in Feb 27, today ECAS says:

March 4th: We have started processing your application.

I’m assuming that means the Sydney VO has started their processing... but no formal AOR2 letter at this point.
Congratilations!
You will receive AOR2 soon and then one more new line will appear in ecas:
" We sent Principal APPLICANT correspondence acknowledging receipt of Principal APPLICANT's application(s) on XXX."
My AOR 2 was three days after date in "We have started processing your application."

Reactions: ryester

Yamoo15

Jan 15, 2019
Hey everyone,

I was browsing the google sheet to see the average wait time for final decision for the entire application, but I didn't see any input on the June applicants or the other months. I'm not sure if they just didn't update or it actually is taking that long. My co-worker told me his friend sponsored his wife and she was here within six months. I know it's highly unlikely that anyone here would know 'cause we're all still waiting, but if someone has an idea, I would gladly appreciate it.

Thank you!

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Hey everyone,

I was browsing the google sheet to see the average wait time for final decision for the entire application, but I didn't see any input on the June applicants or the other months. I'm not sure if they just didn't update or it actually is taking that long. My co-worker told me his friend sponsored his wife and she was here within six months. I know it's highly unlikely that anyone here would know 'cause we're all still waiting, but if someone has an idea, I would gladly appreciate it.

Thank you!
It depends on so many factors that no one will give you even a rough estimate. Take a look at this guy @Shortbrunette on Sep 2018 page https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=442491913
His/her application has been processed in two months. At the time when just an average time for Sep 2018 applicants to get a simple AOR was 4 months. And it's not a mistake, I've read a few their messages on this forum confirming PPR.
The actual time depends on VO, on your case (complicated or straightforward), on security check, etc. From what I've seen, 8 months sounds realistic for half of the applicants. For those whose applications have been transferred to Mississauga it can be 6 months. But there's no right answer here.

Reactions: ryester and Yamoo15

Yamoo15

Jan 15, 2019
It depends on so many factors that no one will give you even a rough estimate. Take a look at this guy @Shortbrunette on Sep 2018 page https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WXmKcCOlbciwCa33-vKs8LqbKxOIar2PzSN7j4xBxEg/edit#gid=442491913
His/her application has been processed in two months. At the time when just an average time for Sep 2018 applicants to get a simple AOR was 4 months. And it's not a mistake, I've read a few their messages on this forum confirming PPR.
The actual time depends on VO, on your case (complicated or straightforward), on security check, etc. From what I've seen, 8 months sounds realistic for half of the applicants. For those whose applications have been transferred to Mississauga it can be 6 months. But there's no right answer here.
Thank you! :) Our file got sent to Mississauga today. I'm hoping it'll be okay. I heard some files got transferred to Miss, but got transferred to the VO after a month. Waaaa.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Thank you! :) Our file got sent to Mississauga today. I'm hoping it'll be okay. I heard some files got transferred to Miss, but got transferred to the VO after a month. Waaaa.
Did you participate in the survey provided by @JoshC ? Some google form with a few questions. I don't have a link, unfortunately...

siid

Jan 25, 2019
It is right. You are on track. As case-specific investigation begins, all cases may be started in chronological order of reciept, however the actual process can, and does, vary based on PA country, VO country, case-specific investigations etc. You are fine. Be patient. :) (I need to take my own advice)

-- FYI PA and I received an email about the progress bar thing today. meh to that. Wish it had've been AOR2 :) :) :) (*Goes and checks GC Key anyway) :D :p
Thanks you :). I and PA received the same email today as well. Good luck to everyone :)