hari_1326

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
March 08
AOR Received.
March 08
Any updates after MR and app transferred to CPC-M?
Nop I have not received any updates nor did I observe signficant updates on various threads - last week of Feb has been slow in terms of updates compared to the 3rd week of Feb.

thunder052018

Jan 17, 2019
Is there anyone who entered n/a for email? Not just left the field empty.
I have too email addresses of my own. And I told my wife that I will put mine instead of hers so whenever there's update I can check it immideatly and do the action. So far we are in the MR waiting for the result.

biginjapan

May 29, 2016
Wow, that's good to know. I could SWEAR this didn't used to be the case and you could be abroad as long as you were with your citizen spouse and had been residing in Canada prior. I definitely need to find time to do some more research on the residency obligation boards!!!
According to the government's website, days outside of the country count as days towards residence if accominding a Canadian citizen (option 1). If accoming a Permanent Residence of Canada there are more restrictions (option 3).

Here is the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html#5529E2

Reactions: roan101

roan101

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
According to the government's website, days outside of the country count as days towards residence if accominding a Canadian citizen (option 1). If accoming a Permanent Residence of Canada there are more restrictions (option 3).

Here is the link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5529-applying-permanent-resident-travel-document.html#5529E2
Hmmm... that's interesting, thanks. In my case I am a Canadian citizen, but I'm curious if I would have to be going abroad specifically to work for a Canadian business/gov't, as the earlier link seemed to imply. It's not urgent now, but way down the line it's possible my husband and I might want to return to Germany (maybe even at retirement?) and it would be good to know if he'd be risking permanent residency to do so. Then again, I suppose these policies could change a lot between now and then either way.

Reactions: JoshC

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hello everyone.. i am new to this forum. I had a question if aby of you could helpme with the same.
My file has been transferred to ndvo since dec2018 and i sent them an email enquiring about my status update. The reply i got was :
your file is pending officer’s review.
Once the review is complete, our office will contact you with further instructions.
Can you explain the meaning of this reply.
Im aug18 applicant, medical passed, bgc not started yet

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hello everyone.. i am new to this forum. I had a question if aby of you could helpme with the same.
My file has been transferred to ndvo since dec2018 and i sent them an email enquiring about my status update. The reply i got was :
your file is pending officer’s review.
Once the review is complete, our office will contact you with further instructions.
Can you explain the meaning of this reply.
Im aug18 applicant, medical passed, bgc not started yet
This basically means that your file transferred to NDVO and has not been reviewed by an officer. I assume you got an AOR 2 (not a transfer email - see previous posts in this thread for difference between the two)) Once the officer starts to review, you will get a background check initiation and then the rest of the steps will follow.

Others may add to this or correct me if i am wrong.

Reactions: svilli and schweisy

AThind

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Email from IRCC
Starting March 6
, you will see a progress bar for your online application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will also give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We will let you know by e-mail when the progress bar is available for your application.

This would be great tool, only if our application was made online. :D

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
This basically means that your file transferred to NDVO and has not been reviewed by an officer. I assume you got an AOR 2 (not a transfer email - see previous posts in this thread for difference between the two)) Once the officer starts to review, you will get a background check initiation and then the rest of the steps will follow.

Others may add to this or correct me if i am wrong.
Yes I received aor2 on 17dec 2018 no updates after that

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Email from IRCC
Starting March 6
, you will see a progress bar for your online application. The progress bar shows the time elapsed since we received your application. It will also give you an estimated completion date based on our latest estimated processing times.

We will let you know by e-mail when the progress bar is available for your application.

This would be great tool.
Wow, that is exciting tool! Will click on the bar everyday make it progress faster? :p

Thank you for the update. I did not receive such email. I hope it is not for your eyes only...:D

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Wow, that is exciting tool! Will click on the bar everyday make it progress faster? :p

Thank you for the update. I did not receive such email. I hope it is not for your eyes only...:D
I checked, some other members were receiving the same email last December. I found some screenshots. This progress bar will do nothing. It's just a bar with two dates. On the left the date IRCC received your application, on the right the estimation date based on their current estimated processing time (which is now 12 months).
So you will see "Dec 03, 2018" on the left and "Dec 03, 2019" on the right. And in between will be "the progress" if you can call it like that, just based on time passed since Dec 03.
Here's quotation from there website:
The progress bar shows how long it may take to process your application. The bar and estimated dates are based on the date we received your application and our processing times. It isn’t based on your application’s progress.

In other words, it's totally useless.

AThind

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I checked, some other members were receiving the same email last December. I found some screenshots. This progress bar will do nothing. It's just a bar with two dates. On the left the date IRCC received your application, on the right the estimation date based on their current estimated processing time (which is now 12 months).
So you will see "Dec 03, 2018" on the left and "Dec 03, 2019" on the right. And in between will be "the progress" if you can call it like that, just based on time passed since Dec 03.
The progress bar shows how long it may take to process your application. The bar and estimated dates are based on the date we received your application and our processing times. It isn’t based on your application’s progress.

I also updated my previous post too. I realize it will be only for Online applications. :p

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018

Hahaha, Ok, so basically useless. I thought they would provide some estimate specific to the case.:oops: