File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Yes, it will change as they work through the application. Everyone needs a medical, no matter where they're from; they just don't want you to go do it until they instruct you to.

My account has identical statuses to all of yours (except biometrics are completed). It's a bit of a mystery why some of ours say the background check is already in progress this early on and some don't. I have some foggy theories that maybe it has something to do with the PA/whether they're from a visa-exempt country, but it's all just a guess. At the end of the day I wouldn't put too much stock in it (alas!) -- I expect our applications will take just as long as everyone else's, but our statuses will just stay the same the whole time. That said, I have noticed that applicants from the US are generally processed quite a bit faster than the rest of us, so you probably will advance more quickly either way. :)
Whoops, sorry @CanAmAus, I just realized after reading @missblueyez's post that my account has a different status than yours next to "Review of additional documents" -- mine also says "We do not need additional documents." (There's been so much discussion of the background check line around here, I just skimmed right over that other line!)

Almipo

Nov 28, 2018
USA > Canada Spousal Sponsorship
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
10-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Passport Req..
21-03-2019
Wow, today! I didn't think IRCC works on holidays :) Unless it's some automatic pre-scheduled email that does not require human's participation.

Anyway, congrats!
Thanks! We were surprised too but apparently it isn't a federal holiday.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
We received sponsorship approval today for our Outland USA spouse application. Here is our updated timeline:

Nov 29 2018 | Application Sent
Dec 10 2018 | Application Received
Feb 07 2019 | AOR
Feb 18 2019 | Sponsorship Approval
Congratulations!

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
IRCC works today, at least I've just talked to them!

I have an update, that my application was sent to Warsaw on the 12th of February, exactly the day I've got my second AOR...
Medical request and all other staff I will wait from them as of now.
Unfortunately, it is very slow office... crying:(
Wish your application to be sent to Mississauga
It may not be as bad as you think. So in your case, you did not get AOR2 (which Warsaw office acknowledged receipt of your file) and did not get MR but went directly to background checking. That is interesting! BGC takes most of the time so it is definitely beneficial to you that IRCC started early on this for you. Congratulations!

Reactions: NilaS and svilli

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
It may not be as bad as you think. So in your case, you did not get AOR2 (which Warsaw office acknowledged receipt of your file) and did not get MR but went directly to background checking. That is interesting! BGC takes most of the time so it is definitely beneficial to you that IRCC started early on this for you. Congratulations!
Yes, @ryester , you are right, that was not AOR2.
I'm a bit upset seeing that Warsaw is still processing applicants, who got their SA in April - July 2018
My personal PR case was processed there for 10 months. Six months of which were no movement at all, until I ordered CAIPS (now GCMS)

What is strange, that on this forum I found that MR usually comes before AOR2 (often before SA). Mine will definitely come only after AOR2.
And request for biometrics. I still didn't receive it, they requested to pay two times (for different applications) and payment was receive by Sydney.
As for background check, I think, this is a good sign too. When I was calling to IRCC for the first time (when my app was cancelled) they asked me whether I sent Police certificate of not. I found it strange on AOR1 stage...

Will think positevely :)

shubhpal328

Dec 27, 2018
Hey guys posting again
Application delivered to CPC -NV, on 5th december 2018
Application processing started 31st January 019
AOR email received on 1st Feb 2019
Nothing on SA yet
No updates after that so far.

It's weird as everyone with similar timelines have the SA decision made alrea

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Hey guys posting again
Application delivered to CPC -NV, on 5th december 2018
Application processing started 31st January 019
AOR email received on 1st Feb 2019
Nothing on SA yet
No updates after that so far.

It's weird as everyone with similar timelines have the SA decision made alrea
Don't worry, it is coming alone. One harmful thing in this game is to "compare" with others as every case is different. But I am sure in the broader scope, your time is coming soon. :)

Reactions: schweisy

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I'm a bit upset seeing that Warsaw is still processing applicants, who got their SA in April - July 2018
My personal PR case was processed there for 10 months. Six months of which were no movement at all, until I ordered CAIPS (now GCMS)

What is strange, that on this forum I found that MR usually comes before AOR2 (often before SA). Mine will definitely come only after AOR2.
And request for biometrics. I still didn't receive it, they requested to pay two times (for different applications) and payment was receive by Sydney.
As for background check, I think, this is a good sign too. When I was calling to IRCC for the first time (when my app was cancelled) they asked me whether I sent Police certificate of not. I found it strange on AOR1 stage...

Did ordering GCMS notes help you with your personal PR?

And another question: what are the chances an application will go to Mississauga, and not to a VO overseas? About our application I'm mostly sure it'll go to Warsaw, so for me it would be a natural process :) But since you were upset, you probably expected something else?

And yes, we need to think positively, or it'll be hard to wait! :)

Reactions: svilli and ryester

svilli

Jan 15, 2019
Did ordering GCMS notes help you with your personal PR?
Yes, I think so.

And another question: what are the chances an application will go to Mississauga, and not to a VO overseas? About our application I'm mostly sure it'll go to Warsaw, so for me it would be a natural process :) But since you were upset, you probably expected something else?
I like your rhetorical questions :).
@alaria you will need your energy during this process. Keep it! :)

dibyapal

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018

At this point you don’t need to be worried
Last year my friend had a similar experience. His file was sent to the VO without MR. So he called IRCC and they said that sometimes when they are uncertain about some information, instead of holding on to the case they just forward it so the process continues.As soon as the VO gets clarification they send the MR.
Be positive ✌

Last edited:
Reactions: svilli