+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***DECEMBER 2018 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
No update
It’s still in background/ security checks.
Takes longer for Afghan people
My wife application is still in process. It says your application is taking us longer than usual. It's been like that almost 2 weeks now. What is the hold up??

montreal_boi

Jan 6, 2020
My wife application is still in process. It says your application is taking us longer than usual. It's been like that almost 2 weeks now. What is the hold up??
Try calling a VO, literally any of them would be able to pull up your info and tell you what stage you are. They were done with eligibility and bg check for me back in November but cgkey didn’t say so until like a couple days ago when I received PPR.

Fatima1234

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Try calling a VO, literally any of them would be able to pull up your info and tell you what stage you are. They were done with eligibility and bg check for me back in November but cgkey didn’t say so until like a couple days ago when I received PPR.
My visa office is London. Do you know their contact number ?

Fatima1234

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Is your wife in afg ?
Jan 17 will be 13 months for me and still no update. My husband is in background check. Mine says similar.

Reactions: Mrs. Santiago

garbimba

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Contact your local MP. I went to mine because they had lost my wife's CoPR and were playing dumb, and the staff was really helpful.

I was told they have a direct line to CIC and the VOs, so they can really dig into what is taking them so long, and put pressure when possible, especially if it's over a year.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
it is probably undergoing SS, which would take very long time to complete. If you want to make certain, you need to order GCMS notes.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Contact your local MP. I went to mine because they had lost my wife's CoPR and were playing dumb, and the staff was really helpful.

I was told they have a direct line to CIC and the VOs, so they can really dig into what is taking them so long, and put pressure when possible, especially if it's over a year.
MP does not have any power to press anything. They can do query to IRCC for you but you can basically do the same with GCMS notes order. If an applicant is going through SS, nobody can do anything until it is complete.

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Yes her application reached
Is your wife in afg ?
Jan 17 will be 13 months for me and still no update. My husband is in background check. Mine says similar.
Yes shes in afg. Dec 28 was her 1 yr completion date and her account just says your application is taking us longer than usual to process. You didnt get the pre arrival letter yet? I heard for afg sponsors it takes long

Fatima1234

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Yes her application reached

Yes shes in afg. Dec 28 was her 1 yr completion date and her account just says your application is taking us longer than usual to process. You didnt get the pre arrival letter yet? I heard for afg sponsors it takes long
Dec 17 was my husbands one year. My husband received his pre arrival on oct 24,2019 and nothing after that. Did she get her pre arrival?
Well let me know if you get the ppr soon.
I also contacted my mp and all she told me was I have to wait cuz they are doing the background check. MP is so useless.

ryester

Champion Member
Oct 11, 2018
Dec 17 was my husbands one year. My husband received his pre arrival on oct 24,2019 and nothing after that. Did she get her pre arrival?
I also contacted my mp and all she told me was I have to wait cuz they are doing the background check. MP is so useless.
at least your MP does not give you wrong information, nobody can do anything at this point to accelerate or press. we have to wait.

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
No she didnt get her pre arrival letter. Inshallah I'm waiting for that. This process is long. I pray something comes up next week on her account.