File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
If you search previous threads you’ll find lots of good examples! Many people have been in this situation, myself included!

Do you have any children? You can show research into schools/contact with schools. Even though you are living with parents, you can show that you’ve researched housing where you want to settle, whether it’s getting in contact with a real estate agent for the “near future”. Showing you have a “plan” for when you settle in Canada, like what gym you plan to join or researching phone companies, car insurance plans. Another big one is severing ties where you live, I’ve seen a case where CIC actually ask to see proof that you have / will quit job, whether it’s a letter from your employer saying they are aware you are leaving. Also job hunts. Show evidence of researching job market, maybe you sign up with “indeed.ca” and show you get emails/ correspondence about jobs.

Lol that’s a lot, and not nearly inclusive. So many things! I even sent them quotes and discussions with airplanes to relocate my dog when we move back.
Gosh, we really are in the same boat -- I too included details about the research I'd done on moving our dog in our application, down to providing a copy of the receipt for his new carrier! :p

Hi wondering if anyone can help me with the letter I just received through GCKey -
Client Information: Please include details regarding when you plan to return to Canada to resume residence and where you plan to live when you return. Additionally, please provide proof that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. This includes but is not limited to copies of correspondence with: potential employers, real estate companies, property rental agencies, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions, etc. Please provide as many indicators as possible as any single one of these may not be enough on its own to prove intent of residency. This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/13

It also says FINAL REMINDER in highlighted letters but I have never received any other requests for this? We are moving to canada at the end of the year as soon as residency is approved but we are staying with my inlaws for 6 months and we provided statements from them to this effect in our application. Dont know what else we can do to meet this requirement? Anyone had similar?
The suggestions you've already gotten from @KristenTH are great (including taking a moment to search these forums, as this is not an uncommon request). I would add that if you didn't previously provide screenshots of the sponsor's conversations with friends and family referring to the move, I would add that now. If you know definitely when you are going to move (and especially if the PA is from a visa-exempt country), you could also buy your plane tickets now. You could also include quotes for health insurance, as PA (I take it that's you?) will not be eligible for provincial health care for the first three months, but that won't really go to proving the sponsor specifically will be returning.

As someone who is also applying from abroad, I would advise in general to think through every single element of your move in detail and don't underestimate the benefits of explicitly laying out your plan for the officer. When we sent in our application I actually wrote up a 3-page Word document that systematically laid out our logic and plans, and then attached whatever documentation I could think of to bolster my claims. At the end of the day, the officer is just looking to see that you have thought things through and have a plan that seems realistic and reasonable. (That said, we haven't been approved yet ourselves, so that's just what I've gathered from obsessive online research! :p)

Also, I've read in quite a few threads that they always state "final reminder" even though it's the first and only one. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: JoshC and alaria

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
Some questions:
1. Are you the PA and an Inland applicant travelling out of Country?
2. How long have you been out of Canada ?
3. Did you check your spam for messages to see if there were other messages??

You could prebook flight ticket and show that as proof. May be fund transfer to Canadian bank account (locked to GIC) showing your commitment to staying in Canada. May be advance some money on a house. Get employment referrals if you can.

May be other members can add or modify the list.
From what she's describing, I'm pretty sure @helen86 is an outland applicant where both PA and sponsor are living outside Canada. I'm also in that situation, and this is the type of extensive proof we sponsors have to provide to show that we intend to move back with our partner once they get PR. (It's a weird thing to have to try to prove, that you definitely are making plans to move back, but only once you're approved, which who knows when that will be... :confused:)

Reactions: JoshC and vinothku

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Gosh, we really are in the same boat -- I too included details about the research I'd done on moving our dog in our application, down to providing a copy of the receipt for his new carrier! :p

The suggestions you've already gotten from @KristenTH are great (including taking a moment to search these forums, as this is not an uncommon request). I would add that if you didn't previously provide screenshots of the sponsor's conversations with friends and family referring to the move, I would add that now. If you know definitely when you are going to move (and especially if the PA is from a visa-exempt country), you could also buy your plane tickets now. You could also include quotes for health insurance, as PA (I take it that's you?) will not be eligible for provincial health care for the first three months, but that won't really go to proving the sponsor specifically will be returning.

As someone who is also applying from abroad, I would advise in general to think through every single element of your move in detail and don't underestimate the benefits of explicitly laying out your plan for the officer. When we sent in our application I actually wrote up a 3-page Word document that systematically laid out our logic and plans, and then attached whatever documentation I could think of to bolster my claims. At the end of the day, the officer is just looking to see that you have thought things through and have a plan that seems realistic and reasonable. (That said, we haven't been approved yet ourselves, so that's just what I've gathered from obsessive online research! :p)

Also, I've read in quite a few threads that they always state "final reminder" even though it's the first and only one. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
What a great reply! When I was reading @helen86 's post, I was actually thinking about you and that you might be very helpful here, but I left it as it was without asking you to help. But you did! Even though it wasn't my question, anyway, thank you :D

Reactions: svilli and JoshC

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
What a great reply! When I was reading @helen86 's post, I was actually thinking about you and that you might be very helpful here, but I left it as it was without asking you to help. But you did! Even though it wasn't my question, anyway, thank you :D
Aw shucks, thanks, @alaria! Wasn't sure I was really offering that much that was new, but I'm glad if you found it helpful :)

@helen86 - Your comment about moving to Canada at the end of the year brought up one last thought from me, which is that I have read that's it's best not to lay out too firm a timeline, especially if it's seen as being too far in the future. It sounds to me like your application is actually being processed quite swiftly, in which case the officers (supposedly) won't like to hear that you are planning to come on a specific date that may in fact be months after they're anticipating you'll receive COPR. Though they must understand most people have to give notice at work or with landlords, etc, they nevertheless essentially want to hear that the sponsor will move to Canada as soon as the PA is approved. Of course, in reality once you get your COPR you usually have a significant window of time within which to land, but for the purposes of this step you're better off being a little on the vague side. Again, all that is based only on what I've read, so take from it what you will! :)

Reactions: JoshC

vinothku

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Is it better that I link the application to the online account or the sponsor?
Did you mean your online account as opposed to your sponsor's online account.

If so, it does not matter. Ensure you link to an account that is regularly accessed so that you do not miss any update

Reactions: schweisy

CanAmAus

Dec 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
31-1-2019
File Transfer...
27-2-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Hi wondering if anyone can help me with the letter I just received through GCKey -
Client Information: Please include details regarding when you plan to return to Canada to resume residence and where you plan to live when you return. Additionally, please provide proof that your sponsor intends to reside in Canada when you become a permanent resident. This includes but is not limited to copies of correspondence with: potential employers, real estate companies, property rental agencies, health care agencies, insurance agencies, financial institutions, etc. Please provide as many indicators as possible as any single one of these may not be enough on its own to prove intent of residency. This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/13

It also says FINAL REMINDER in highlighted letters but I have never received any other requests for this? We are moving to canada at the end of the year as soon as residency is approved but we are staying with my inlaws for 6 months and we provided statements from them to this effect in our application. Dont know what else we can do to meet this requirement? Anyone had similar?
All of the advice here is spot on to what we did.

One additional thing I included in my "proof of intent to return to Canada" section was have my parents and a few close friends back in Canada write letters/affidavits attesting that they have known for at least the last 2 years that we plan to return and settle in Canada, and that they have offered us accommodation for free in their homes when we return while we search for housing and get settled, etc.

Reactions: schweisy and natkat

natkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga

One additional thing I included in my "proof of intent to return to Canada" section was have my parents and a few close friends back in Canada write letters/affidavits attesting that they have known for at least the last 2 years that we plan to return and settle in Canada, and that they have offered us accommodation for free in their homes when we return while we search for housing and get settled, etc.
I did the same thing. We submitted about a dozen letters from friends and family all mentioning the move to Canada. They also offered help with our job search since many are in the same industry as us and places to stay if need be.

Reactions: schweisy

natkat

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Okay so I just have to vent. We are in Singapore.

We got the biometrics request and were able to get an appointment for 7 days later.

We got the medical the next day. I immediately called to make an appointment. The clinic has a lead time of two weeks. We have 30 days to get the medical done and EVERY approved doctor is at the same location.

Today I get a call saying our appointment has been canceled and they can't do it within the time frame now. WTF? Honestly. I'm furious. I was very nice though and explained that this was very unprofessional and put us in a really bad spot. The receptionist is going to talk to her manager.

I think it's a total monopoly that all the approved doctors are within one health centre when there are so many great ones here in Singapore. Honestly, it's nuts!!!

We might have to fly to Kuala Lumpur just to get this done. UGH

Reactions: CanAmAus

SaW123

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
FAM
Application sent: 17th Dec
Application received: 24th Dec
AOR1: 14th March

No they didn’t give any reason in the email..

Last edited:

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Application sent: 18th Dec
Application received: 24th Dec
AOR1: 14th March

No they didn’t give any reason in the email..
That sucks! On the bright side, it's helping me calm down since it's been almost 60 days for us without AOR too.
Perhaps Dave and Gary have a new colleague - Susan, who's taking her time.

Reactions: schweisy and svilli

CanAmAus

Dec 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
05-12-2018
AOR Received.
31-1-2019
File Transfer...
27-2-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Okay so I just have to vent. We are in Singapore.

We got the biometrics request and were able to get an appointment for 7 days later.

We got the medical the next day. I immediately called to make an appointment. The clinic has a lead time of two weeks. We have 30 days to get the medical done and EVERY approved doctor is at the same location.

Today I get a call saying our appointment has been canceled and they can't do it within the time frame now. WTF? Honestly. I'm furious. I was very nice though and explained that this was very unprofessional and put us in a really bad spot. The receptionist is going to talk to her manager.

I think it's a total monopoly that all the approved doctors are within one health centre when there are so many great ones here in Singapore. Honestly, it's nuts!!!

We might have to fly to Kuala Lumpur just to get this done. UGH
Sorry you’re going through that - the time frames are so frustrating! And yeah, totally crazy that the clinics can be so blasé about it all and then charge you $600 for a short appointment just because they know you have no alternative. Major eye roll.

Reactions: natkat and schweisy

roan101

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019

hi, didn't you attach all these documents when you submit your application? like letter from parents or job letter/job search history/ tenant agreement ??
if you sent all this stuff, why again they asking, no idea