+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

homaiooni

Aug 6, 2019
Have you applied GCMS notes? If not, please do that right away. Since your application is in NDVO, there’s not much you can do to get a clear picture of what exactly is wrong.

Meanwhile, you can check again with Mr. Goodale if his office is able to enquire the reason for eligibility. Good luck
Guys, what is the difference between GCMS notes and ATIP? Also, can I apply for a second note?

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Was just on the CIC site and noticed a change in Background check. Would they conduct BG checks if the eligibility was invalid like Mr Goodale said ?

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.
Date received: December 12, 2018
Estimated completion date: June 12, 2019

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • January 22, 2019 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi

What do you mean by Eligibility Invalid?? Was it not met/recommended pass? In that case, weren’t you informed about the reason or asked for an ADR?

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
So I emailed Goodale's office 1 month ago and got a reply on the same day. Yesterday I emailed them again to get an update on my application, but no reply yet. Could it be that they only reply on the 1st inquiry? Has anyone here contacted them more than once and got replied?

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Hi

What do you mean by Eligibility Invalid?? Was it not met/recommended pass? In that case, weren’t you informed about the reason or asked for an ADR?
Are applications with eligibility "not met" in a similar bucket as "recommended pass" ? Do they usually issue ADRs in these scenarios ?
My application is over 6 months in, with eligibility not met and no ADR issued.. although I did submit additional documentation using the webform myself

Reactions: Pura Vida

Hsa1988

Jun 5, 2019
8th Month complete and still no response from IRCC. ELIGIBILITY still under review. They have review required for Work Ex as The primary applicant has a business and POF has been provided with Fixed deposits.

I wonder if they have any issue why they do not request any further documents.. just making the wait soooooo long.

omarion

Star Member
Apr 10, 2019
Colleague letter wouldn’t be on letter head. It would be a regular letter to whom it may concern attesting to how they worked with you, your job, and your duties. It would say when this coworking happened, for how many years, and how many hours you worked weekly. Multiple letters could be helpful. Make sure each has current contact information including email and phone. Remember, you need to be thorough to try to overcome the employer portion you cannot get. You will need to upload the proof you tried to get the employer letter.

Also I think you kinda messed up if you provided a verbatim list to HR and that’s the one they replied to. When you send that to IRCC they might not look favorably on you telling HR what to write.

It is what it is, but YOU MUST SUBSTANTIATE YOUR JOB DUTIES. That is not optional. If you can’t substantiate them, your application will be refused.

Read the requirements. I keep saying that. Then compare the requirements to what you have submitted. Why waste time and money by not giving them what they tell you that you must give them?
please let me just be a little suspicious,

do you know of a case which being refused because of lack of job duties in a work certificate, as in all countries in the world, employers are legally obliged to give a work certificate but not a work certificate listing all of your job duties. so are you sure ?

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020

do you know of a case which being refused because of lack of job duties in a work certificate, as in all countries in the world, employers are legally obliged to give a work certificate but not a work certificate listing all of your job duties. so are you sure ?
Lack of job duties on a reference letter is probably the #1 reason for Canadian PR rejection

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Are applications with eligibility "not met" in a similar bucket as "recommended pass" ? Do they usually issue ADRs in these scenarios ?
My application is over 6 months in, with eligibility not met and no ADR issued.. although I did submit additional documentation using the webform myself
Eligibility Recommended Pass here and crossed 9 months last week :)

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019

Yeah I've even read court case summaries where people tried and failed to appeal. Like @PrasadK said, it's one of the most common reasons for rejections.

Without something to substantiate your duties, you will most likely have a FSW application refused.

Reactions: PrasadK

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Golden email!!! Received Ready for Visa email at 6:56am this morning. I am visiting Ottawa and have House of Commons Senate tours at 10am. What a coincidence!!! Good luck to all!!!
Congrats!

Salz_yahoo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Were you explicitly told that Eligibility-Not Met? Met is same as Recommended Pass. Just the different VOs use different terminologies.
If it’s not met then ofcourse ADR is requested. What was the reason for yours being not met?

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Were you explicitly told that Eligibility-Not Met? Met is same as Recommended Pass. Just the different VOs use different terminologies.
If it’s not met then ofcourse ADR is requested. What was the reason for yours being not met?
Only Ralph's office mentioned 'eligibility not met'. I called IRCC on the same day and they provided conflicting information of 'eligibility in progress'. Either way, I had my suspicions regarding one document, so I sent a revised version of it using the webform and now I'm certain there should be no issues if they choose to accept it. I've ordered GCMS notes but have yet to receive them. Hopefully the notes will confirm this as the exact issue, so I still officially do not know why my eligibility would not have been met, nor have they asked me for ADR..

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Has criminality & security not been initiated yet?
Criminality passed and Security not initiated.

My case was last touched on May 9th when Eligibility was recommended pass. I have crossed 3 due dates May 2, June 11, July 26 and now they've given me a fourth one August 29.