+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Ravidm92

Nov 25, 2017
I got a remedical request on 20th July and I did my medical on 27th July..
I haven't got any update till now..
How long do they take to update medical??
Anyone who got a remedical request??
Sorry just one question, Did you get an email or it comes up on IRCC account for re-medical ?

tanvir1982

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Dear Members,

Anybody facing any difficulty to login into CIC account? I 've been trying to login into my account for 2 days, but after entering username & password i get the welcome screen. after clicking continue that the screen goes blank and i am back to cic.gc.ca language selection screen.

Have they closed my account, as my account has expired on 26.06.2019?

i have an so called active application with AOR 2 Dec 2018.

hitkaul1987

Mar 6, 2019
214 days and counting.

I was thinking of emailing Ralph Goodale's office again in couple of weeks. Has anyone asked for their application status more than once with them?
Last time i emailed them was on the 23rd

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
I will never understand why people resign before PPR. Makes no sense to me.
Well people resign before PPR, If they have planned their actions accordingly.

Well their is a term called notice period. Which needs to be served before you get released from the organisation.

Now in my particular case where let me suppose that I will get PPR by September. So if I had to resign post that, having 3months of notice period. I would get released by December end. Then winding up things from India . It would be January or February end by the time I land their, when the actual job market or heiring is on full swing. That mean my probability of getting placed decreases.

So in order to efficient people resign, so that they can plan their actions accordingly.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Well people resign before PPR, If they have planned their actions accordingly.

Well their is a term called notice period. Which needs to be served before you get released from the organisation.

Now in my particular case where let me suppose that I will get PPR by September. So if I had to resign post that, having 3months of notice period. I would get released by December end. Then winding up things from India . It would be January or February end by the time I land their, when the actual job market or heiring is on full swing. That mean my probability of getting placed decreases.

So in order to efficient people resign, so that they can plan their actions accordingly.
When you apply, you are not even guaranteed to be accepted. When you get PPR you have 30 days to submit documents and get CoPR (and a visa in your case).

Also, is 3 months notice normal in India? It's 2 weeks in the US.

When you have CoPR, you have up to 3 years to move. Resigning without the CoPR in your hand seems dangerous and irresponsible, in my opinion, but do whatever's best for you. :)

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
It would be January or February end by the time I land their, when the actual job market or heiring is on full swing.
PS - What makes you think IT companies hire seasonally in the summer? In Canada, like the US, they also have a customary 2 weeks notice period and new employers expect people to not onboard for 2 weeks. Transitions are easy. You can always switch to another job.

Canada and the US do not hold you hostage to a job like your 3 months notice period in India (I just read up on the 3 months notice period in India - that's insane).

Reactions: Nimmy619

Hsa1988

Jun 5, 2019
214 days and counting.

I was thinking of emailing Ralph Goodale's office again in couple of weeks. Has anyone asked for their application status more than once with them?
Last time i emailed them was on the 23rd
Hi, Can you please provide email address??

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
@USProgrammer I just had a talk with an IRCC agent and was told eligibility has passed and background check is under processing. Is it common that eligibility has met but additional document which was resume hasn't been reviewed yet? I mean, other than for eligibility why they would need to have my resume? I am confused here. It's been 214 days for me :rolleyes:

Update: The ADR shows NA on my application page.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
@USProgrammer I just had a talk with an IRCC agent and was told eligibility has passed and background check is under processing. Is it common that eligibility has met but additional document which was resume hasn't been reviewed yet? I mean, other than for eligibility why they would need to have my resume? I am confused here. It's been 214 days for me :rolleyes:

Update: The ADR shows NA on my application page.
"Background check" means criminality + security. When you call, you can ask for the status of both of those separately. If they have passed your eligibility, then you don't have to worry about the resume.

You and @Hsa1988 can email goodale@sasktel.net with the details of your application (application number, your name, possibly birth date (not sure)). They will give you the details of criminality/security.

It is apparently an expedited way to get info out of IRCC without calling or doing a CSE. Goodale is an MP.

Hsa1988

Jun 5, 2019
"Background check" means criminality + security. When you call, you can ask for the status of both of those separately. If they have passed your eligibility, then you don't have to worry about the resume.

You and @Hsa1988 can email goodale@sasktel.net with the details of your application (application number, your name, possibly birth date (not sure)). They will give you the details of criminality/security.

It is apparently an expedited way to get info out of IRCC without calling or doing a CSE. Goodale is an MP.
Hi.. got this reply from Ralph Goodale office:
"I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Dec 6, 2018. It is at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Eligibility requires review.

Criminality and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Nov 17/19."

Dont know how long will it take for this.

Reactions: USProgrammer

AliZ220

Jul 26, 2019
Dear Members,

Anybody facing any difficulty to login into CIC account? I 've been trying to login into my account for 2 days, but after entering username & password i get the welcome screen. after clicking continue that the screen goes blank and i am back to cic.gc.ca language selection screen.

Have they closed my account, as my account has expired on 26.06.2019?

i have an so called active application with AOR 2 Dec 2018.
I have the same issue, I think it might be a website technical problem.

Reactions: tanvir1982

tuhadapeo

Jul 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal -> Vancouver
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2018
AOR Received.
04-12-2018
Med's Done....
14-01-2019
I have the same issue, I think it might be a website technical problem.
Clear cache or open in incognito mode if using chrome.

Idr

Jul 8, 2019
I got an email from Sydney NS office-

Please be advised that the application is in the queue for review by an Officer. You will be contacted in due course.

one of my friend (AOR 28th Dec) also got the same email from same visa office on the same time.
What does it mean?