+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

kevinlkwong

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I got an email from Sydney NS office-

Please be advised that the application is in the queue for review by an Officer. You will be contacted in due course.

one of my friend (AOR 28th Dec) also got the same email from same visa office on the same time.
What does it mean?
Just means that an officer will review it and probably come to a decision soon? Good news I hope! I am in the same boat as you

vinayk

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
214 days and counting.

I was thinking of emailing Ralph Goodale's office again in couple of weeks. Has anyone asked for their application status more than once with them?
Last time i emailed them was on the 23rd
If we ask more than once, they replied back saying..feel free to contact on Oct 12th i.e., 90 days from my first reply received from them, I got to know my status from them on July 12 and I emailed them in July 30 again recently.

aumar1

Jul 15, 2019
I wonder if we call IRCC office and speak to an agent, whether they actually put any note in (and if they do, if its worth anything) or do they just say that to console the applicant

Anyways Ive decided to put my mind off of it, check once a week and it will happen in its due time. No point stressing if its not in my hands. Thank goodness I havent got a 3 month notice period to serve (although I would leave with what seems like an appropriate notice period to my situation, 3 months is wayyy too much!)

Reactions: AGill22

kevinlkwong

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
I wonder if we call IRCC office and speak to an agent, whether they actually put any note in (and if they do, if its worth anything) or do they just say that to console the applicant

Anyways Ive decided to put my mind off of it, check once a week and it will happen in its due time. No point stressing if its not in my hands. Thank goodness I havent got a 3 month notice period to serve (although I would leave with what seems like an appropriate notice period to my situation, 3 months is wayyy too much!)
They do put notes in your account when you call, they also put notes in when the MP calls. Try not to call too often.

bibi-hey

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
Hi All,

My brother just got his passport back with the visa and the expiration date is the same as the date of his medicals. Which is at the end of august and he doesn't think he can make it as its so close already. Has any one got their medicals extended? and how did you go about it.

Thanks

Nimmy619

Jul 4, 2019
PS - What makes you think IT companies hire seasonally in the summer? In Canada, like the US, they also have a customary 2 weeks notice period and new employers expect people to not onboard for 2 weeks. Transitions are easy. You can always switch to another job.

Canada and the US do not hold you hostage to a job like your 3 months notice period in India (I just read up on the 3 months notice period in India - that's insane).
Hahaha, so true.
I am sailing in the same boat.

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
I got an email from Sydney NS office-

Please be advised that the application is in the queue for review by an Officer. You will be contacted in due course.

one of my friend (AOR 28th Dec) also got the same email from same visa office on the same time.
What does it mean?
Hello, I received the same email yesterday. My application is at CIO sydney. I believe this is a step forward.

Reactions: Idr

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Check your notes, if your eligibility will be revised by CB01126 get prepared for a long wait.
Hi Marcio, I am in the same situation than you. The code is for CIO SYDNEY which means that our applications are treated there. Yesterday I received an email saying that my application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer.

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Was this unprompted? Did you just get an email informing you? I’m also at CIO Sydney
Every week I call IRCC and by last monday I raised a webform and ordered my gcms note. So i do not know which item prompted the response. I thought it could be the webform but usually the response to webforms is well formatted and contains in the tail of it the sent message with my details, this one is a bit different, it contains only my name and application number plus the text (queue for review...) to me it is not a response to a webform. Try to call today and raise a webform may be things can move.