+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
233 days since AOR
Thanks. That means I am in trouble.

As I have already resigned from my job and serving the notice period.

Further I checked with Mr. Goodale's office I got following response:

Quote"
Dear Amber – I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Jan 31, 2019. It is at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Eligibility and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Criminality passed.

Medicals are valid until Feb 2020.

Unquote"

Why will they check the eligibility by now. Shouldn't it be the primary step?

Any thoughts on this.

Parry3

Jul 31, 2019
Hello guys,
I got Permanent Residence in Canada
Inland applicant CEC
My AOR date is Dec. 15 2018
Medical passed on jan. 25
RCMP report requested on jan. 26 and provided on 23 feb.
PPR request on 6th June
Passport received with visa on 23rd June
Flagpoling on 28th June
Permanent Resident Card received on 21 July
Thanks to God
I wish all u guys will get it soon. Be positive.

PatwaBobby

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
My eligibility was also done after criminality, then came security etc.

I would suggest call the agent asking them to put notes on your account asking the officers to look into your case

andybal

Oct 14, 2018
Just received a response from Mr. Goodale.

I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Dec 14, 2018. It is in Australia.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Eligibility and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Criminality passed.

Medicals are valid until Nov/19.

Guess I have to keep floating till the boat arrives
hi, do you think i should also ask him to call cic for me or will it piss him off as too many other people might be emailing him for same thing.

kevinlkwong

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
hi, do you think i should also ask him to call cic for me or will it piss him off as too many other people might be emailing him for same thing.
It won't piss him off, if it's your first time I don't see why not. When I emailed I got more explanations than when I called the IRCC myself

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
My eligibility was also done after criminality, then came security etc.

I would suggest call the agent asking them to put notes on your account asking the officers to look into your case

Aha.

Can you suggest what was time difference in the same. I mean how much time was it between criminality and eligibility. Then eligibility to security.

So I can have tentative idea.

Swar_M

Star Member
Jul 18, 2019
Thanks. That means I am in trouble.

As I have already resigned from my job and serving the notice period.

Further I checked with Mr. Goodale's office I got following response:

Quote"
Dear Amber – I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Jan 31, 2019. It is at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa.

Criminality passed.

Medicals are valid until Feb 2020.

Unquote"

Why will they check the eligibility by now. Shouldn't it be the primary step?

Any thoughts on this.
Hi sir,
Can you please tell me when you sent mail to Mr. Goodale, how much time does he take usually to reply back.
I understand he/or his team is not there waiting to reply our mails , but just wanted to get some idea. Its been a month now that i everyday i wake up first thing i check is for any mail from either IRCC/update in GCMS or mail from Mr Goodale. hence a bit anxious
Thanks

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Hi sir,
Can you please tell me when you sent mail to Mr. Goodale, how much time does he take usually to reply back.
I understand he/or his team is not there waiting to reply our mails , but just wanted to get some idea. Its been a month now that i everyday i wake up first thing i check is for any mail from either IRCC/update in GCMS or mail from Mr Goodale. hence a bit anxious
Thanks
Hi @Swar_M

The response is pretty swift. I had mailed them last night and I had the response by the morning. Not by Mr Goodale but one from his team.

So I would suggest to contact them at least someone respond's to you.

Tweetbird

Jun 14, 2019
Aha.

Can you suggest what was time difference in the same. I mean how much time was it between criminality and eligibility. Then eligibility to security.

So I can have tentative idea.
Saw some people on the forums who had same status: eligibility and security not started, but got their PPR within the next week. Then there are some whose eligibility has been passed but still waiting for months. It's totally unpredictable. No pattern.

Reactions: PrasadK

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Saw some people on the forums who had same status: eligibility and security not started, but got their PPR within the next week. Then there are some whose eligibility has been passed but still waiting for months. It's totally unpredictable. No pattern.
Got it.

However it is sad. Wish CIC people realise that person applying will need to move base to whole new country, for which one needs to plan, and without clarity one cannot plan efficiently.

I hope they understand from our point of view.

jjttbb2019

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
I think for those whose eligibility and security not started...
The security checks may have already started in the background and perhaps finished also but not updated, it's just that there eligibility is pending final review by the officer for the approvals of application.

Reactions: Tweetbird