+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
My
I don't get it....not that it is any of my business.....but.....so what if you have to give 2 months notice? At least you would have some source of income and be able to support your spouse where ever she is. Some people have been waiting for over 12 months for PPR. I guess I will never understand why any one would make a decision to quit a job when they have no guarantee that their plan would work out. If you were to quit your job at least do it after PPR. It would take another month to get your COPR anyways after PPR.

Little wonder you are anxious. Sigh
My wife is working there and doesnt need my support. And it was a joint decision not to wait for PPR first and than serve 2 months of my notice period. And we knew the risk and I took it but i was hopeful that things will turn in my favour. But it didnt. I know not everyone can understand why people do it. And I still have another source of income to sustain myself.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Funny enough, my status is still submitted. A full week after I did my landing and have copr. It shouldn't bother me but it's kinda weird.
You're CEC and it says you're in Canada in your signature. Doesn't that mean you had a interview for landing, not a CoPR document mailing/visa/etc?

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
You're CEC and it says you're in Canada in your signature. Doesn't that mean you had a interview for landing, not a CoPR document mailing/visa/etc?
Yes I attended my landing interview. I still received a physical copy of my Confirmation of Permanent Residence. I was just saying that even though I have the confirmation, my cic account still only shows submitted. I even linked my PR card application which now says approved, but nothing for the "Permanent residency" application itself.

As I said nothing that should bother me, but as a pedant I would like to see the status say approved.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Yes I attended my landing interview. I still received a physical copy of my Confirmation of Permanent Residence. I was just saying that even though I have the confirmation, my cic account still only shows submitted. I even linked my PR card application which now says approved, but nothing for the "Permanent residency" application itself.

As I said nothing that should bother me, but as a pedant I would like to see the status say approved.
I just wonder if that's normal for landing interviews. I've only heard specifically others like me say theirs went to "approved" after getting the visa (if applicable) and having CoPR mailed back.

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
I just wonder if that's normal for landing interviews. I've only heard specifically others like me say theirs went to "approved" after getting the visa (if applicable) and having CoPR mailed back.
Oh, I definitely don't know. I just assumed that after the landing interview and getting COPR, it would've changed to approved in the account.

planetarium

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-12-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hey Swar, Don't lose hope and don't expect much. The process is really slow and we are helpless as there is nothing else we can do except wait!!!
My AOR is 22nd Oct...my hopes drown as the day passes but i start afresh every morning. This is really frustating and depressing but that's all we can do................
I agree with Prabha on this. You’re not the only one who feels helpless and frustrated. My AOR is 3 Dec and i’m also still waiting for PPR. But as for me, i decided to just move on with my life as if canada is not happening.

Reactions: Prabha22

vyper1

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
29/12/2018
My interview was on 16 July ... I checked my status online before interview near about the 8 am ... and I gave interview at 10:30 am . at 1:30 pm it was approved online .
Oh, mine was on the 9th of July. Been over a week, pr card application showing approved, but still no change for the PR application status. It's a non-issue, just hoping that everyone here can have their COPR in hand soon.

case

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Please how long does it take to get ppr after paying rprf.my application has been on ip2 since atleast medical passed.i got rprf on Thursday,paid on Sunday and additional document status change from uploaded to we are reviewing your document you provided

Prabha22

Aug 15, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
22 oct 2018
I agree with Prabha on this. You’re not the only one who feels helpless and frustrated. My AOR is 3 Dec and i’m also still waiting for PPR. But as for me, i decided to just move on with my life as if canada is not happening.
I wish i could just forget this part of life for a while :(