+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

g90

Sep 26, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It could just be an x-ray and be on your way kind of thing. It's understandable that Canada is taking a preventive stance with your healthcare. Remember they've already approved your PR status; when you land you will become a PR and, therefore, eligible to use healthcare services in Canada. They likely want to make sure the medicals thus far haven't missed something. I wouldn't really stress.
Thanks dear. I hope it passes away quickly like that.

Reactions: derkdsou

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I honestly do not understand why anyone would hire a consultant and waste more money on them. They're basically just filling in your details on behalf of you and for this they charge a fee :confused:

The EE process is very simple, all the details you need can be found on their website and if you need further assistance, then you will find many experienced seniors here to guide you.

Dipi1305

Star Member
May 21, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Nov-2018
Nomination.....
14-Oct-2018
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2018
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2019
Passport Req..
17-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2019
LANDED..........
06-11-2019
So I just got off the call with IRCC Agent... since my time limit of 180 days has passed, she dropped a note to the visa processing officer.
Hope it triggers them to work on it.
Status so far is :

AOR-12 Dec 2019
IP1(Medicals Passed)-23 Jan 2019
Eligibility Met , Criminality and Background check haven’t started yet as per the agent
VO-Ottawa
Fingers crossed

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi, @Maya1515, @Pura Vida and @whiterabbit, there were a lot of posts about ETH, so I'm not sure I've missed a question, but I'll try to be as thorough as I can:

1. Schengen Area Entry/Exit Ports: Even if you didn’t spend any real time in the exit port city/country, I would still list it to avoid questions or suspicions down the line. Frankly, what do I care if IRCC knows I was in Berlin or Barcelona only for a day? Personally, I wouldn't draw attention to such a thing in an LOE because it just creates more reading and more admin for no gain.

2. UK/Schengen/Lack of stamps for a portion or all of a trip: It is absolutely fine to not have a stamp for a trip - list it anyway, because all border movements between the UK and Schengen are recorded (because there is a "Schengen border" between the two, as you know). I was particularly screwed in this respect because I used UK's biometric border entry "Iris" for several years, which worked like magic because I could bypass queuing up at Heathrow immigration. Because the UK doesn't stamp on departure and since I didn't have stamps for my arrivals, I really had to look at all of my flights and itineraries from the past 10 years. There were maybe 30-40 trips into the Schengen Area that were paid for by work, and I don't have access to those flight details, so I did the best I could by looking at the Schengen stamps and filling in the missing pieces. In some cases, certain Schengen border officers stamped on top of or smeared other stamps rendering them illegible so I couldn't really discern the exact dates, but not much I could do about that - I took my best shot.

3. Tracking your movement within the Schengen Area might be easier than you think, and without having to pore over your Insta/Flickr (I'm sure they're all very lovely)! Quite simply, you need to use your identity and passport information when you fly, take inter-country trains or ride a ferry in Europe. They don't have hovercrafts anymore, alas. Besides, hotels always scan a copy of your passport, which they report to local authorities. Big Brother is alive and well.

4. Transiting through several countries: What happens if you bullet train your way from Munich to Lyon cutting through Austria and Switzerland? Well, I would (and did) only report Germany and France for that trip, essentially the country of origin and final destination, just like with air travel. The rest are not required to be reported to the best of my understanding - and it would be such a royal pain in the rear to work out anyway! If you have an actual stamp, for whatever reason however, I would list it and put down the purpose as "transit".

5. Reporting multiple cities within a country of travel: I agree with @Pura Vida - I do not think it is a good use of anyone's time to know that you drove through fifteen villages in Tuscany after stopping for a gelato in Florence on the way from Milan. I listed only the primary city of visit in a country. When I traveled to the US and visited multiple cities, I mentioned only the ports of entry/exit. For example, if I entered and left via New York but also went to DC on the same trip, I left out DC. But this area is a bit grey and if I were being a true stickler, no-fun-Debbie, then I would list all the major cities I visited. But I didn't. I think it is sufficient to be thorough at the country level.

Finally, very few people have 100+ trips to report. If they’re only working with 20-30 trips, then it’s best to take the time out to provide as much detail as possible, even if you have to spend a day doing it. I hope that playing by IRCC's rules won't hurt my cause, but I did all I could to report every material detail of my travels because I truly believe that CBSA has ways of independently acquiring this information through its network of intelligence organizations anyway.

Separately, @whiterabbit - @Maya1515 is right that IRCC sends out ADRs to give people an opportunity to correct any errors or omissions in their travel history. As you're likely in SS, you can preempt this by giving them an honest account of what's happened, along with a new, more detailed history, of course. It won't be held against you because this is information you should have provided in the first place. Whether it will speed up or slow down your application is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

pleassssse

May 2, 2019
Hi guys,

I got the landing interview request email today and it is scheduled to June 24th. I got 2 questions (might be stupid but just want a confirmation):

1. There is $490 RPRF payment instruction in the letter, but I paid $1040 when I applied (the receipt did not mention the fee breakdown). Does it mean I don't need to pay anything at this moment?

2. Do I need to bring or prepare anything before go to the interview (apart from 2 photo, landing letter, passport, receipt, SIN)? Since there is no other emails (ready for visa/PPR etc.), this is the only email I got. Not sure if this is another version of PPR.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Application detail:
AOR Dec 14th,
MEP Jan 25th,
CEC inland
landing interview request Jun 11 (not sure if this is the PPR)

Appreciate the help :)

Apurv

Feb 23, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
IELTS Request
Qualified
Hi guys,

I got the landing interview request email today and it is scheduled to June 24th. I got 2 questions (might be stupid but just want a confirmation):

1. There is $490 RPRF payment instruction in the letter, but I paid $1040 when I applied (the receipt did not mention the fee breakdown). Does it mean I don't need to pay anything at this moment?

2. Do I need to bring or prepare anything before go to the interview (apart from 2 photo, landing letter, passport, receipt, SIN)? Since there is no other emails (ready for visa/PPR etc.), this is the only email I got. Not sure if this is another version of PPR.

Application detail:
AOR Dec 14th,
MEP Jan 25th,
CEC inland

Wohhh same here!!!

Apurv

Feb 23, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
IELTS Request
Qualified
Hi guys,

Application detail:
AOR Dec 14th,
MEP Jan 25th,
CEC inland

1. There is $490 RPRF payment instruction in the letter, but I paid $1040 when I applied (the receipt did not mention the fee breakdown). Does it mean I don't need to pay anything at this moment? - if you read last line in the email... it says if you have already paid just bring the receipt for it..

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Hi, @Maya1515, @Pura Vida and @whiterabbit, there were a lot of posts about ETH, so I'm not sure I've missed a question, but I'll try to be as thorough as I can:

1. Schengen Area Entry/Exit Ports: Even if you didn’t spend any real time in the exit port city/country, I would still list it to avoid questions or suspicions down the line. Frankly, what do I care if IRCC knows I was in Berlin or Barcelona only for a day? Personally, I wouldn't draw attention to such a thing in an LOE because it just creates more reading and more admin for no gain.

2. UK/Schengen/Lack of stamps for a portion or all of a trip: It is absolutely fine to not have a stamp for a trip - list it anyway, because all border movements between the UK and Schengen are recorded (because there is a "Schengen border" between the two, as you know). I was particularly screwed in this respect because I used UK's biometric border entry "Iris" for several years, which worked like magic because I could bypass queuing up at Heathrow immigration. Because the UK doesn't stamp on departure and since I didn't have stamps for my arrivals, I really had to look at all of my flights and itineraries from the past 10 years. There were maybe 30-40 trips into the Schengen that were paid for by work, and I don't have access to those flight details, so I did the best I could by looking at the Schengen stamps and filling in the missing pieces. In some cases, certain Schengen border officers stamped on top of or smeared other stamps rendering them illegible so I couldn't really discern the exact dates, but not much I could do about that - I took my best shot.

3. Tracking your movement within the Schengen Area might be easier than you think, and without having to pore over your Insta/Flickr (I'm sure they're all very lovely)! Quite simply, you need to use your identity and passport information when you fly, take inter-country trains or ride a ferry in Europe. They don't have hovercrafts anymore, alas. Besides, hotels always scan a copy of your passport, which they report to local authorities. Big Brother is alive and well.

4. Transiting through several countries: What happens if you bullet train your way from Munich to Lyon cutting through Austria and Switzerland? Well, I would (and did) only report Germany and France for that trip, essentially the country of origin and final destination, just like with air travel. The rest are not required to be reported to the best of my understanding - and it would be such a royal pain in the rear to work out anyway! If you have an actual stamp, for whatever reason however, I would list it and put down the purpose as "transit".

5. Reporting multiple cities within a country of travel: I agree with @Pura Vida - I do not think it is a good use of anyone's time to know that you drove through fifteen villages in Tuscany after stopping for a gelato in Florence on the way from Milan. I listed only the primary city of visit in a country. When I traveled to the US and visited multiple cities, I mentioned only the ports of entry/exit. For example, if I entered and left via New York but also went to DC on the same trip, I left out DC. But this area is a bit grey and if I were being a true stickler, no-fun-Debbie, then I would list all the major cities I visited. But I didn't. I think it is sufficient to be thorough at the country level.

Finally, most people don’t have 100+ trips to report. If they’re only working with 20-30 trips, then it’s best to take the time out to provide as much detail as possible, even if you have to spend a day doing it. I hope that playing by IRCC's rules won't hurt my cause, but I did all I could to report every material detail of my travels because I truly believe that CBSA has ways of independently acquiring this information through its network of intelligence organizations anyway.

Separately, @whiterabbit - @Maya1515 is right that IRCC sends out ADRs to give people an opportunity to correct any errors or omissions in their travel history. As you're likely in SS, you can preempt this by giving them an honest account of what's happened, along with a new, more detailed history, of course. It won't be held against you because this is information you should have provided in the first place. Whether it will speed up or slow down your application is anyone's guess.
Thanks for your response @derkdsou it is very clear and very logical process you are recommending.
I reopened my "schedule A" requested by an ADR by mid February 2019 and found that I did as you the main city of each trip within the same country and for transits I put the word transit. For people who do not know the schedule A, it is an activity report for the last 10 years in which the candidate -if requested- has to fill in with his activities (work, trip, vacation, school...) I had to report my trips there as well in addition to the LOE (in which I put my international +100 trips) already sent when applying to PR by Dec 2018, I reported all of that because I judged it important for the background check. Indeed, as IT consultant I move a lot to provide services and training to my clients so it is a part of my job and already reported in the reference letter. Anyway, this statement can be valuable for someone who is asked by IRCC one day to provide a filled in IMM 5669 document.
To come back to our story, I am totally with the statement of @derkdsou "que je remercie :)" , I believe that transparency is well seen by an officer even if it can slow down a bit the processing. I hope it is a matter of time to have the PPR.