+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

amitaquarius

Mar 16, 2019
That sounds so beautiful that you guys are waiting so eagerly for each other. If she’s in Toronto and needs any help, i and my husband will be more than happy to help her in anyway possible. DM me if you guys need anything. But, stay strong!! Its taking a bit of extra time, for sure, but it will come around. I too was tired of searching my email every morning and when the email actually came, i looked at it thrice coz I just couldn’t believe it :)
Thank you so much. As of now she is working and staying in Mississauga. I have couple of friends there who are helping her out as of now. Thank you once again for your kind support. I will get in touch with you guys in case we need any help!!!. Congrats on your PR landing interview. All the best.

Reactions: ashbak

ashbak

May 16, 2019
So the landing interview email does not state the date when it got approved. In my case I called up CIC agent few days back and he told me that decision has been made i.e. all stages are cleared and file got approved on Apr 30 which is the same date when the status changed from IP1 to IP2.
Did you check with CIC agent over call?
No, the landing interview had no approval dates. And I did call a IRCC agent last week when I saw the ghost update on May 31 and she confirmed that it was eligibility passed and everything else was already completed/passed for my application.And, that the VO is making final decision. And, the landing email came exactly after 10 days. I can tell the rest when I am done with the landing interview as I know they will give my CoPR, update my SIN# and create request for my PR card( which takes another 1-2 months to come in your mailbox). I did not get any passport request so I don't know how it would be stamped or even if its necessary. Will update soon.

Last edited:

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Do people inland get ppr request instead if landing interview?? One of my friends who is inland got ppr and he is confused.

Sundeep8220

Mar 17, 2019
1 day left and no ghost updates ..don’t know what is going on ??? Anyone else with AOR 12 Dec Single Applicant from india .. NOC 2283 .. FSW-O
Hi Dipi, i'm in a similar position. My file is in London VO, I remain on "IP2" since about February but no further changes. I guess we both breach the 180 day club tomorrow...

Dipi1305

Star Member
May 21, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Nov-2018
Nomination.....
14-Oct-2018
AOR Received.
12-Dec-2018
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2019
Passport Req..
17-07-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2019
LANDED..........
06-11-2019
Hi Dipi, i'm in a similar position. My file is in London VO, I remain on "IP2" since about February but no further changes. I guess we both breach the 180 day club tomorrow...
Ya looks like that... still keeping the hopes high for everyone to get it soon

ashbak

May 16, 2019
Do people inland get ppr request instead if landing interview?? One of my friends who is inland got ppr and he is confused.
Yes they do. Two of my friends, one as FSW- Inland and other, CEC-Inland applicant, both got passport requests first.Once it was stamped only then, they were able to go for final landing. Its pretty common. Hope that helps.

ashbak

May 16, 2019
@Everyone,

As always, need a bit of advice. I paid my RPRF fees upfront. For the landing interview, its required to bring the receipt. Where can I find that?
The only receipt I have is for 2080 C$ (Application+RPRF fees for 2 applicants). Will this work?

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Sounds like that should be good enough! I would suggest bringing a copy of your card statement for that month, just in case you need to back up the receipt.
@Everyone,

As always, need a bit of advice. I paid my RPRF fees upfront. For the landing interview, its required to bring the receipt. Where can I find that?
The only receipt I have is for 2080 C$ (Application+RPRF fees for 2 applicants). Will this work?

Reactions: ashbak

Mallika S

Oct 19, 2018
Yes they do. Two of my friends, one as FSW- Inland and other, CEC-Inland applicant, both got passport requests first.Once it was stamped only then, they were able to go for final landing. Its pretty common. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the confirmation... I created my friends ircc profile and update and submitted it. I was like the consultant but for free :p I wonder what I missed in my application that's taking me so long :eek:

nitcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hi, fellow future Canadians look like I received my PPR today. However, nothing has changed in the cic profile page so just wondering if this is normal?

The message looks like this

Date: June 10, 2019

UCI: XXXXXX Application Number: XXXXXXXX

XXXX XXXXX

XXXXXX@gmail.com

Dear XXXXXXX:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. The processing of your application is almost complete. Before a permanent resident visa can be issued to you (and your accompanying family members, if applicable), you will need to follow the steps below.

Note: This letter is not a guarantee that a visa will be issued to you.

þ Please submit two (2) passport-sized photos taken within the last six (6) months of you and each of your accompanying family members. Information regarding photo specifications for Permanent Residents can be found here:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445eb-e.pdf

***Please note: If you submit photos that do not meet specifications, you will be requested to provide correct photos, delaying the finalization of your application.

Please do not staple the photos. Enclose the photos of each person in a small envelope. On each envelope, write your application number and the name of the person whose photos are enclosed. Submit the photos in the same package as the passport(s).

þ Please submit original passports for:

1. You;

2. Your spouse/common-law partner (if applicable); and

3. All dependent children who will accompany you to Canada (if applicable).

See Appendix A for instructions on how to submit your passport(s) and photos.

Before you submit your passport(s):

o Check that there are at least two (2) blank pages in each passport.

o Check that you have ordinary passports. Permanent resident visas for Canada cannot be issued in Diplomatic or Official passports.

o Check the expiry date of all passports. Passports should be valid for at least six (6) months from the anticipated date of travel to Canada.
Congrats!!!

nitcanada

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hi want to give a massive thank you to everyone here. Really you've all been amazing.

What a torrid time I've had this last week. AOR Dec 12th and last week went to Ip2. Joy turned to madness as I got asked for 2x RCMPs which I could not understand why. I responded that I've never lived in Canada so don't know why I'm being asked.

Then I get a request for information as to why I said I had a criminal history which I don't! I explained this and waited.. Longest 4 days of my life..

PPR email came 30 mins ago. Praise Jesus!
Congrats!!!

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Haha, who is the consultant selling you this croc? ;) To add to what @northern sunshine and @USProgrammer have already said, I would be wary of hiring a "consultant" because many, if not most, are not lawyers or even authorized to do the work they do. I spoke to a few wheeler dealer consultants before realizing I knew what was best for my application and that all they cared about was their fees being paid on time. Besides, none of the ones I approached worked on a success fee basis - one Dubai-based consultant wanted USD 320 before even getting on the phone with me, and another agent in India wanted their fees to be paid in full upon filing my application - not PPR. Simply put, they are not invested in the success of your application. And if your application were to fail for some reason, you could kiss that money goodbye.

If you read all of the rules concerning your application on canada.ca, all of the information is already there. For anything awfully complicated or if you find yourself in legally murky waters, that's when I would approach a qualified lawyer, but I can't imagine more than 1% of applications would have such serious issues anyway.

I heard that people who get the application filed by agencies have their PPR's as compared to the ones who do it themselves. Also, the agencies have "other" ways to communicate with IRCC and somehow they get it done.