+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Amazing analysis!

The thing that makes me nervous is the fact that I filled my travel history incorrectly. For the Schengen area, I only entered countries of destination (a country I asked for a visa), not all the countries visited during the trip. For instance, I flew to Italy, then moved to Belgium, then stay in Netherlands for several days, then moved to Latvia and finally went back home - and I wrote it like a single trip to Netherlands with dates written on Italian and Latvian stamps as I used a visa provided by Netherlands. I had several trips around Europe like this.

My security has been ongoing for two months, and they haven't asked for additional information about visited countries yet. I wonder if they are satisfied with the provided history or decided to perform in-depth checks :(
For Europe, it's very difficult to check where you were exactly and when! I mean, unless they have some access to the history of your tracked phone how would they know (and we are not turning some crazy spies' movie are we?).

However, do you have a place where you share your pictures which can be viewed online?

If you have pictures on social media I think it's better if you correct everything and raise a CSQ. Also if you participated in events and they are online in other people/institutions' portals during that time they might find out if (only if) they google you. Also if you stayed 1 continuous month in, let's say, France, and you put tourism for a reason and filled some small city where there is not much to see, they might question that.

These are all only my own theories! The Schengen area is so confusing and hard to fill, but it's also hard to trace your movement in... Don't stress about it. I personally had completely forgotten one of my trips until I saw my pictures on flickr, so I added it last minute.

If you ordered GCMs wait until you see what it has.

CIC website is under maintenance today, my agent says a huge number of PPR's are released everytime after website maintenance then followed by an express entry draw..if we go by his observation lets all hang in there tight and cross our fingers
Hopefully! Also, do you (or another member) know if there is some kind of a report that is done each semester? I'm asking because usually, administrations tend to wrap up things before such big reports to show big numbers in them. Donnu if IRCC works the same!

Reactions: derkdsou

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Is your husband on your application as accompanying? (I assume so, but) If not, I believe you would need a letter confirming that he consents to you using the funds. I don't think you should move the funds now as that wouldn't change the fact that it isn't "yours" and you'd still need the same letter anyway

Yes my husband is included in the application as accompanying. And we attached a proxy statement with the initial proof of funds, which authorizes my to use his account as my own. So, I'm really confused here why the funds are "review required"..

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
Is your husband on your application as accompanying? (I assume so, but) If not, I believe you would need a letter confirming that he consents to you using the funds. I don't think you should move the funds now as that wouldn't change the fact that it isn't "yours" and you'd still need the same letter anyway

Man, being Visa exempt, I did not know they write this in the letters for elsewhere. Talk about kicking you just after you get back up :s
Yes my husband is included in the application as accompanying. And we attached a proxy statement with the initial proof of funds, which authorizes my to use his account as my own. So, I'm really confused here why the funds are "review required"..

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
For Europe, it's very difficult to check where you were exactly and when! I mean, unless they have some access to the history of your tracked phone how would they know (and we are not turning some crazy spies' movie are we?).

However, do you have a place where you share your pictures which can be viewed online?

If you have pictures on social media I think it's better if you correct everything and raise a CSQ. Also if you participated in events and they are online in other people/institutions' portals during that time they might find out if (only if) they google you. Also if you stayed 1 continuous month in, let's say, France, and you put tourism for a reason and filled some small city where there is not much to see, they might question that.

These are all only my own theories! The Schengen area is so confusing and hard to fill, but it's also hard to trace your movement in... Don't stress about it. I personally had completely forgotten one of my trips until I saw my pictures on flickr, so I added it last minute.

If you ordered GCMs wait until you see what it has.

Hopefully! Also, do you (or another member) know if there is some kind of a report that is done each semester? I'm asking because usually, administrations tend to wrap up things before such big reports to show big numbers in them. Donnu if IRCC works the same!
Yep, I shared pics from most of my trips on social networks. I've never had a trip longer than 16 days.

What document should I fill to provide them with updated travel history? Can't it influence the process in some bad way?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Yep, I shared pics from most of my trips on social networks. I've never had a trip longer than 16 days.

What document should I fill to provide them with updated travel history? Can't it influence the process in some bad way?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
@derkdsou @Pura Vida and people with ETH what do you think guys about this?

I don't know if informing them now will influence the process in a bad way, or a good way, or not at all!

:( I don't know if IRCC requires you to cite all trips in Schengen area! A tricky one!

I think it all comes to checking consistencies between your activities and locations, and also ask for any PCCs if they see you're going to a country too many times to their liking.

However, I personally cited everything to avoid any troubles, and opinions on the web are divergent. Some on forums say that ANY trip in any other countries than your own or residence country should be mentioned. But what if you crossed 4 European borders in a day? (and you can do that!)

Others say it goes only for trips matching stamps in your passport. I personally don't have all my trips stamped. There was even an international flight outside the Schengen area with no trace of it! But I had to cite it to match my activities' history. AND passports for my country last only five years but I had to comb through my old tickets to fill older trips. Curiously enough, in Morocco, I read somewhere that a Moroccan was asked to provide his old passport along with his new one for his PPR!

If you decide to send them the updated travel history then I think you should simply raise a web form and write a nice explanation, that you might have made a mistake, you didn't know up to now, you've seen somewhere recently that all trip in Schengen should be mentioned but you thought before that you needed only the country of entry/visa; what you based your thought on, and that after you read that you have doubts and you want to correct it now to catch on any possible mistake.

Edit: it seems IRCC can send an ADR with a separate form to re-ask you again about your travels if they have doubts.

Let's wait for other opinions from the experienced members.

Did you ordered GCMs notes?

Last edited:

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
@derkdsou @Pura Vida and people with ETH what do you think guys about this?

I don't know if informing them now will influence the process in a bad way, or a good way, or not at all!

:( I don't know if IRCC requires you to cite all trips in Schengen area! A tricky one!

I think it all comes to checking consistencies between your activities and locations, and also ask for any PCCs if they see you're going to a country too many times to their liking.

However, I personally cited everything to avoid any troubles, and opinions on the web are divergent. Some on forums say that ANY trip in any other countries than your own or residence country should be mentioned. But what if you crossed 4 European borders in a day? (and you can do that!)

Others say it goes only for trips matching stamps in your passport. I personally don't have all my trips stamped. There was even an international flight outside the Schengen area with no trace of it! But I had to cite it to match my activities' history. AND passports for my country last only five years but I had to comb through my old tickets to fill older trips. Curiously enough, in Morocco, I read somewhere that a Moroccan was asked to provide his old passport along with his new one for his PPR!

If you decide to send them the updated travel history then I think you should simply write a nice explanation, that you might have made a mistake, you didn't know up to now, you've seen somewhere recently that all trip in Schengen should be mentioned but you thought before that you needed only the country of entry/visa; what you based your thought on, and that after you read that you have doubts and you want to correct it now to catch on any possible mistake.

Let's wait for other opinions from the experienced members.

Did you ordered GCMs notes?
Hi, I think that the passport stamps are the most important for matching the trips. Indeed in Shengen area when you leave the territory there is no stamp in the passport even for UK so what I did is that I matched that with the e-tickets dates that I collected especially from emails. Regarding making 2 or 3 courties in the same Visa territory (like shengen) is like visiting several cities in the same country so opl can mention that and not mentioning it (and this is my personal point of view) wont cause misrep unless if the trip is long so it should be declared. This is a hot response, may be I will have to review it on my own and post it somewhere else in the forum. Actually, I did this when filing my app. In the other hand, I illustrated a transit in USA for 3 hours since the passport was stamped in Miami Border, as you know in the US you have to check out and then checkin during international transits. Keep posting ideas like this I think it is worth it to discuss and figure out the best options.

kunalsingla1991

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
I am Dec 1, 2018 AOR and till 3rd June 2019 there was no update on my application according to CIC call center agent. Yesterday I got a reply from CPC Ottawa stating:

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed. Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file. We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.!

Is this a positive sign? What exactly does it mean? Has anyone received same message from CPC-O?

Reactions: Pura Vida

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
@Maya1515 @Pura Vida Thank you for sharing your experience and ideas so much!

In my GCMS notes there is nothing regarding travel history. However, it looks like they wanted my file to be checked carefully is there are 4 redacted activities the same day security was started. That's why I think that:
1. I may be under SS right now;
2. Providing details of my travel history may shed light on my "suspicious" trips where only one Schengen country is mentioned but the passport was stamped by two other Schengen countries.

I think that the most reasonable actions in my case would be raising CSE (as suggested by @Maya1515 ) and asking if I can provide some extra details about my travel history to Schengen area.

The only thing that remains unclear for me in this case: should I ask for ADR (ironic) right in the form or attach LoE with the text?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Hi, I think that the passport stamps are the most important for matching the trips. Indeed in Shengen area when you leave the territory there is no stamp in the passport even for UK so what I did is that I matched that with the e-tickets dates that I collected especially from emails. Regarding making 2 or 3 courties in the same Visa territory (like shengen) is like visiting several cities in the same country so opl can mention that and not mentioning it (and this is my personal point of view) wont cause misrep unless if the trip is long so it should be declared. This is a hot response, may be I will have to review it on my own and post it somewhere else in the forum. Actually, I did this when filing my app. In the other hand, I illustrated a transit in USA for 3 hours since the passport was stamped in Miami Border, as you know in the US you have to check out and then checkin during international transits. Keep posting ideas like this I think it is worth it to discuss and figure out the best options.
I did the same for my UK trip too. I matched the check out date with the flight date.

Reactions: Pura Vida

Maya1515

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
@Maya1515 @Pura Vida Thank you for sharing your experience and ideas so much!

In my GCMS notes there is nothing regarding travel history. However, it looks like they wanted my file to be checked carefully is there are 4 redacted activities the same day security was started. That's why I think that:
1. I may be under SS right now;
2. Providing details of my travel history may shed light on my "suspicious" trips where only one Schengen country is mentioned but the passport was stamped by two other Schengen countries.

I think that the most reasonable actions in my case would be raising CSE (as suggested by @Maya1515 ) and asking if I can provide some extra details about my travel history to Schengen area.

The only thing that remains unclear for me in this case: should I ask for ADR (ironic) right in the form or attach LoE with the text?
Well if you want to document the rest of your travels don't just ask. Provide the explanation + make some table with the dates + where you stayed + the other information they were asking for during application (I believe it was regions/cities visited and reasons of the visit). Upload a PDF with the webform.

For the countries of my transit, I personally did it differently. I didn't cite them in the table they had because I didn't stay or visit them. I mention that in the LOE, that I had their stamps because it was a stopover on my way to my residence country.

But what are these 4 activities in your GCMs?

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Well if you want to document the rest of your travels don't just ask. Provide the explanation + make some table with the dates + the other information they were asking for during application (I believe it was regions/cities visited and reasons of the visit)

Upload a PDF with the webform.

But what are these 4 activities in your GCMs?
Thanks! I think there should be a specific form to be filled regarding travel history. I don't thing that an excell table transformed to PDF will suit them :)

These 4 activities were edited under s15(1). All security-related information is cut from the notes, hence it's not possible to know what are these activities about. However, I tend to think they indicate that some additional security checks were initiated.

steoneill

Feb 28, 2017
Hi guys, my application was made from Australia, where I was living at the time. I have now temporarily moved home to Ireland, is this something I need to make CIC aware of or does it make any difference post AOR

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Hi guys, my application was made from Australia, where I was living at the time. I have now temporarily moved home to Ireland, is this something I need to make CIC aware of or does it make any difference post AOR
I'd say you need to inform them.

I'm wondering if the review required is actually about the "previous relationship indicated but not documented on file"

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
I would say Yes, you must inform them because you changed your address.

Last edited:

JD20

Apr 30, 2019
Hello guys,
I know this would have been asked on the forum before, however, I wanted to check the process for applying GCMS notes from outside of Canada!

1) Who are the trusted agents?
2) How much do they charge?
3) What is the format of the consent letter?

AOR - 5 December 2018
MEP - 16 January 2019
Current Status - IP1