+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

JD20

Apr 30, 2019
Hi All,
This is my first post(Couldn't be a silent reader anymore, the wait is killing me!).
Profile:
AOR: Dec 5, 2018
Medical: Jan 16, 2019
Since then, the application is in "SUBMITTED" state with-
** BG - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
** Eligibility -We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
FSW Inland
Nationality- India

I have called CIC and even raised a web request about the status of my application. The only answer they have is everything seems fine and its still in the processing window. However, like many others here, I haven't got a single update since Jan 16. 20 days left for the glorious progress bar to burst! Just a perk, the process has taught me to be a patient human now :D :D
Dude, I'm absolutely in the same boat!!

No updates and being a silent reader is killing me!!

AOR - 05 Dec 2018
MEP - 16 Jan 2019

No updates post that!

Reactions: Gaurav26

Joseph12

May 15, 2019
Is this IP1 or IP2? this has been since I completed my biometrics.
Should I be worried? wait is killing me!!

Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics Completed. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks buddy for the advice.

Yea I also thought of to ask for GCMS notes, but it will also take more than 30 days now to come. So both way I have to wait even 6months is crosses.
I checked with CIC agent, as per reply everything is fine.
Eligibility is under progress. If additional document required will let you know.

Let wait and I will think it again to order GCMS notes.
You can think of ordering notes as well as fill up the webform. These 2 things might help to understand what is going on with your application. The links are provided below.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Same case for me bro.
Mine application is also in IP2 directly after medical passed , but no change afterwards.
** BG - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

I really don't know what they doing and going to do when 6 months of waiting completes.

Dec AOR 9th | CEC Inland| CPC - Edmonton
Did you order gcms? because sometimes the account is not updated. You can even try calling CIC and ask for the update

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello experts need your inputs to interpret the gcms notes received (Aor 9 Dec - Fswo from India, nothing started apart from medicals passed.)

Everything looks ok apart from the last line which says docs for review - client ifno. Please let me know if there is anything to be worried. @legalfalcon

"Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified --LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant 1 -English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse 1 -English- IELTS and Verified -----EDUCATION Primary Applicant I-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year) Foreign credential provided Spouse I-foreign credential provided —POLICE CERTIFICATE— Primary Applicant 1- India police certificate: Provided-NRT RIO 0K Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse 1- India police certificate: Provided-NRT RIO 0K Recommendation: Pass Criminality —AGE— Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR Documents for Review - Client Information"
This is your note for R10 - the completeness check.

No need to be concerned. Documents for Review - Client Information - that this note is based on what you submitted. The next will be your eligibility.

Reactions: Harson

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am with you buddy. :) 17 days left for me and nothing has progressed after Medicals Passed on 13 January 2019.

Called IRCC yesterday and the agent updated that none of the three (Eligibility, Criminality, & Security) has started yet. However, she said my application is at CPC Ottawa and progressing (!) normally. Since it is within the normal estimated processing time, she advised me to be relaxed and patient!!!

Meanwhile, I got my GCMS Notes dated 16 April 2019, which reads the same as not started in almost all the 'Status' fields. I am confident that they cannot do all the three within the next 17 days and send me the PPR mail, which means my application is about to fall on the 'Special 20% Applications'. :p

But, my concern is much bigger. My application is for me and my wife, and we both did our medicals on 27 October 2018. My AOR date is 02 December 2018. My wife is pregnant now and expected delivery date is 07 September 2019, which means she cannot fly after end of July 2019. Even if we get our COPR, it will probably contain the expiry up to 26 October 2019 (1 year from our medicals).

I don't know what it is going to be for us!!!
See the last few pages of your GCMS notes. Even if the status on page 2 shows as not started, a preliminary assessment by an analyst would have been done.

As regards your child, you can add you child to your application after the baby is born. This can be done even after you receive the PPR, but before landing.

If you do not add the baby to the application, then you will have to sponsor the child, which takes almost a year.

Reactions: selvayatra
Jul 25, 2018
By the way, just received an acknowledgement email from IRCC regarding my inquiry. They said that I need to contact directly the London Visa Office for any concern. I think I did not specify the Visa Office processing my case when I submitted CSE. Anyway, I just raised CSE again directly to LVO.
Superb

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi everyone, Can I call the CIC agent from US by blocking my number , will they question me regarding where I reside?
You can call by blocking your caller ID. See the instructions in my signature. You must use the 613 number, not the 800 number. They will not ask and do not care where you reside.

pcanvisa

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hi All,
This is my first post(Couldn't be a silent reader anymore, the wait is killing me!).
Profile:
AOR: Dec 5, 2018
Medical: Jan 16, 2019
Since then, the application is in "SUBMITTED" state with-
FSW Inland
Nationality- India

I have called CIC and even raised a web request about the status of my application. The only answer they have is everything seems fine and its still in the processing window. However, like many others here, I haven't got a single update since Jan 16. 20 days left for the glorious progress bar to burst! Just a perk, the process has taught me to be a patient human now :D :D
Hi there,
My application still shows it is IP1 meaning,
***Background check : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
As I wrote in previous post, the CIC agent told me that there is good chance that my application is going to take beyond 6 months as BG and eligibility are still in progress. Just bummed that we would miss few sunny days in canada :)

Reactions: immitk and ashbak

ashbak

May 16, 2019
Hi there,
My application still shows it is IP1 meaning,
***Background check : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
As I wrote in previous post, the CIC agent told me that there is good chance that my application is going to take beyond 6 months as BG and eligibility are still in progress. Just bummed that we would miss few sunny days in canada :)
I completely get the concern now :D Believe me, we too are eagerly waiting for those *sunny* days but just like CIC, they too are teaching us patience( An important trait to survive in Canada). As far as I have understood the randomness of this process( the experts can back me up here), its too unpredictable to lose hope. Our only POC are the agents who don't have enough or aren't allowed to share specific information.I have friends who have got PPR's just 2 days before the processing bar deadline. So, lets be hopeful it doesn't drops down to that.

Reactions: JD20

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
@legalfalcon @derkdsou and others
This query may have been answered before, excuse me for asking again.
Can US visa rejection delay the processing of my application?
What I see happening is if you got rejected, you answer "Yes" to a statutory question if you have been rejected before. If so, almost always (I haven't seen a case this was not true) a file gets transferred to a local visa office. It's very unlikely that they finalize your case quickly in a local office, not because of your file, but because of many applicants. For the US applicants, they end up in Montreal, a very slow office.
But it has no impact on the outcome.