+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

selvayatra

Feb 5, 2019
See the last few pages of your GCMS notes. Even if the status on page 2 shows as not started, a preliminary assessment by an analyst would have been done.

As regards your child, you can add you child to your application after the baby is born. This can be done even after you receive the PPR, but before landing.

If you do not add the baby to the application, then you will have to sponsor the child, which takes almost a year.
Thanks for the info and guidance @legalfalcon

JD20

Apr 30, 2019
Hey,
Quick question!!

I understand that biometrics submission has become mandatory with application post our AOR!

Maybe people who received their PPR can confirm:

Do Indian citizens and residents get a message for biometrics if the AOR is December? Could that be stalling the

JD20

Apr 30, 2019
Is this IP1 or IP2? this has been since I completed my biometrics.
Should I be worried? wait is killing me!!

Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics Completed. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
This seems like IP2. Considering BC is in process!

For my application, BC states - We are reviewing your application. We will send you a message.....

Sylvia09

Aug 11, 2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
I'm also FSW inland. Not many applicants with this stream and feels like the processing for inland is getting too slow.

Hi All,
This is my first post(Couldn't be a silent reader anymore, the wait is killing me!).
Profile:
AOR: Dec 5, 2018
Medical: Jan 16, 2019
Since then, the application is in "SUBMITTED" state with-
** BG - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
** Eligibility -We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
FSW Inland
Nationality- India

I have called CIC and even raised a web request about the status of my application. The only answer they have is everything seems fine and its still in the processing window. However, like many others here, I haven't got a single update since Jan 16. 20 days left for the glorious progress bar to burst! Just a perk, the process has taught me to be a patient human now :D :D

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
What I see happening is if you got rejected, you answer "Yes" to a statutory question if you have been rejected before. If so, almost always (I haven't seen a case this was not true) a file gets transferred to a local visa office. It's very unlikely that they finalize your case quickly in a local office, not because of your file, but because of many applicants. For the US applicants, they end up in Montreal, a very slow office.
But it has no impact on the outcome.
Thank you for the inputs, now i know why mine got moved to local VO :(

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
Hey,
Quick question!!

I understand that biometrics submission has become mandatory with application post our AOR!

Maybe people who received their PPR can confirm:

Do Indian citizens and residents get a message for biometrics if the AOR is December? Could that be stalling the
For India cases, it is not required if the AOR is before 1st Jan 2019

Reactions: JD20

vvs87

May 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
31-01-2019
I see a lot of folks getting frustrated with the wait times l. Understandable because 6 months wait time is a long haul. :( :(

But note that this is an immigrant visa, where everything has to be thoroughly checked before approving the application, the approving officer will not want to take his chances here. We have all done our due diligence, now it is time to wait patiently and let the application processing happen at its pace.

The way i see it is, many folks send out CSE’s, order GCMS notes to find out what is happening with their application. I feel that all this adds time to application processing as well. Imagine more then 10-12,000 people ordering for gcms notes. so now the processing center has to look into these requests, as well as PR processing. I feel this is adding on the PR processing times.

Just my two cents, this is not intended or directed at anyone in the forum here. I hope all of our PR’s get processed very soon !!! :) :) :)

vvs87

May 13, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
31-01-2019
I am with you buddy. :) 17 days left for me and nothing has progressed after Medicals Passed on 13 January 2019.

Called IRCC yesterday and the agent updated that none of the three (Eligibility, Criminality, & Security) has started yet. However, she said my application is at CPC Ottawa and progressing (!) normally. Since it is within the normal estimated processing time, she advised me to be relaxed and patient!!!

Meanwhile, I got my GCMS Notes dated 16 April 2019, which reads the same as not started in almost all the 'Status' fields. I am confident that they cannot do all the three within the next 17 days and send me the PPR mail, which means my application is about to fall on the 'Special 20% Applications'. :p

But, my concern is much bigger. My application is for me and my wife, and we both did our medicals on 27 October 2018. My AOR date is 02 December 2018. My wife is pregnant now and expected delivery date is 07 September 2019, which means she cannot fly after end of July 2019. Even if we get our COPR, it will probably contain the expiry up to 26 October 2019 (1 year from our medicals).

I don't know what it is going to be for us!!!
Dont worry, even if your kid is born in India. It will still be eligible for PR and you can initiate a process separately. Good luck with your application!

Canada_Diaries

Star Member
Mar 26, 2019
Doc's Request.
30-01-2018
AOR Received.
18-12-2018
IELTS Request
30-01-2019
I see a lot of folks getting frustrated with the wait times l. Understandable because 6 months wait time is a long haul. :( :(

But note that this is an immigrant visa, where everything has to be thoroughly checked before approving the application, the approving officer will not want to take his chances here. We have all done our due diligence, now it is time to wait patiently and let the application processing happen at its pace.

The way i see it is, many folks send out CSE’s, order GCMS notes to find out what is happening with their application. I feel that all this adds time to application processing as well. Imagine more then 10-12,000 people ordering for gcms notes. so now the processing center has to look into these requests, as well as PR processing. I feel this is adding on the PR processing times.

Just my two cents, this is not intended or directed at anyone in the forum here. I hope all of our PR’s get processed very soon !!! :) :) :)
Agreed. But what about the transparency in process?? If the process is visible on portal, nobody would be calling the center or GCMS notes. Ppl has put efforts and money, and waiting patiently. Process needs to be streamlined, just FYI ATIP and IRCC are two different entities....

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018

Most of us I guess aren't frustrated at the length of wait, but more towards the lack of visibility in the processing from the MEP stage. And the absolute silence, so many use this term over here, is also another reason for the increasing frustration levels. And its logical i guess for normal human beings to search for ways to figure out what is going on, in such scenarios - and hence the CSE's, GCMS ordering and calls to IRCC
They can take even a year for doing this with utmost care and due diligence, but they need to have more transparency and take up the cases for processing in a more logical way (For example, FIFO). Apart from that, the performance levels or the efficiency of certain VOs is simply ridiculous, Check some of their FB pages - its not just our PR cases, lot of other visa related applications have all been delayed beyond reason.

Last edited:

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019

Raising CSE,Calling ,ordering GCMS notes does not delay our application processing in any way. The only reason for delay is work overload and clearly having Review required or ADR's along with initial delay amplifies the wait time as the applications have to wait in those overloaded stack of files to be reviewed(even though they are electronic).

Reactions: JD20 and Sylvia09

hira1707

Sep 3, 2018
Sharjah, UAE
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
02/12/2018
Passport Req..
03/09/2019
VISA ISSUED...
4/3/2020
I got my AOR on 2 Dec 2018. Six Months will be up on 2 June 2019. Finally heard back from CIC two days ago. They are asking for last 6 months bank statements.

Problem is I had borrowed money from a relative to show proof of funds in my account. Now the money is not there. Also, I don’t have any savings of my own as my financial situation has been a bit bad lately. All my statements will show is my salary being credited every month.

Is there any solution? Please advise. I need to respond before 30 May.