+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

vince23

Sep 22, 2017
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Hi everyone, my aor is dec 10, my status changed to ip2 from ip1 on march 27, and there was an ghost update on april 3, is that a good sign? How many ghost updates should i expect before ppr? It's gonna be 120 days tomorrow from my aor.
Our dates are very similar. 116 days for me. IP2 on March 27.
How do you identify a ghost update?

Reactions: PPSB15

PPSB15

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
Nomination.....
24-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2019
Our dates are very similar. 116 days for me. IP2 on March 27.
How do you identify a ghost update?
Oh that's good, when I logged in i saw a "profile updated" instead of "submitted" status. Upon checking my profile there was no change, and the status returned to submitted. I'm a bit anxious about this ghost update, don't really know what's happening with my profile. My last update with cic was through cse, and i found out my file is already in our local visa office.

Reactions: vince23

vince23

Sep 22, 2017
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Oh that's good, when I logged in i saw a "profile updated" instead of "submitted" status. Upon checking my profile there was no change, and the status returned to submitted. I'm a bit anxious about this ghost update, don't really know what's happening with my profile. My last update with cic was through cse, and i found out my file is already in our local visa office.
Ah Ok. Will be on the lookout for that.
Thanks!

Daddytj

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Doc's Request.
26-12-2018
AOR Received.
26-12-2018
Very encorraging signs there but if u want more precise information, you can call ircc, at least thats what @USProgrammer did after he received he's last ghost update befre PPR. Ad they told him everything was done in he's case. It i likely same will apply to you but to be at least 99% sure, call in.

Xplorezee.

Nov 25, 2018
Pl
Hi everyone, my aor is dec 10, my status changed to ip2 from ip1 on march 27, and there was an ghost update on april 3, is that a good sign? How many ghost updates should i expect before ppr? It's gonna be 120 days tomorrow from my aor.

You can put a call through to them to inform that you got a ghost update and enquire about your application generally, so as to be sure PPR has not been sent already. If it hasn't been sent then you can expect it soon.

Reactions: derkdsou and PPSB15

PPSB15

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
Nomination.....
24-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2019
Very encorraging signs there but if u want more precise information, you can call ircc, at least thats what @USProgrammer did after he received he's last ghost update befre PPR. Ad they told him everything was done in he's case. It i likely same will apply to you but to be at least 99% sure, call in.
Thanks, I called our local visa office, but they were no help. I might order gcms notes after 2 weeks if there is no update.

PPSB15

Star Member
Feb 26, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-04-2018
Nomination.....
24-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2019
Pl

You can put a call through to them to inform that you got a ghost update and enquire about your application generally, so as to be sure PPR has not been sent already. If it hasn't been sent then you can expect it soon.
Thanks, I'll try to call them again, i hope they can give me some information now.

Xplorezee.

Nov 25, 2018
Good morning e-fam. PPR MAIL finally dropped this morning. At last I feel relieved.
Timeline
ITA. DEC 19' 2018
AOR. DEC 27' 2018
MEP. FEB 6' 2019
BIL DONE. FEB 7' 2019
ADR FEB 26 DATED 25' 2019
APPROVAL. MARCH 7' 2019
PPT. APRIL 9' 2019.
Family of. 4
cit/Res. Nigeria
V.O. Ottawa
FSW-O

IT HAS INDEED ENDED IN PRAISE

GenDent

Feb 6, 2019
Good morning e-fam. PPR MAIL finally dropped this morning. At last I feel relieved.
Timeline
ITA. DEC 19' 2018
AOR. DEC 27' 2018
MEP. FEB 6' 2019
BIL DONE. FEB 7' 2019
APPROVAL. MARCH 7' 2019
PPT. APRIL 9' 2019.
Family of. 4
cit/Res. Nigeria
V.O. Ottawa
FSW-O

Congratulations!!!
All the best for your Future!!!!

Reactions: Xplorezee.

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
That's well @Spotted! ;)

In another life, I would be the person who writes captions at museums for paintings and objects, you know the kind of captions that are there just to f*** with people, haha. I thought of an example: To appreciate the work of Derrida, one has to evoke a primordial, pre-liminal state where valorizing originality is second to the performative force of the auteur. Derrida challenges the long-held assumptions about what defines a work of art by using nature as a trope, which is at once modern yet prototypical, seasonal yet relentless, untrammelled yet defined. The effect is to draw the viewer into a maze of not uncritical self-examination: Do I look beyond this space? Do I respond to this space? Do I correspond to this space? (Blah, blah, blah...)

I also think I would thrive at writing those mind-numbing reading comprehension sections of the GRE and GMAT. To answer your question, I have published some satire before but not for money. I continue to write short stories (fiction and non-), which I haven't published or attempted to turn into a source of income. Maybe that needs to change at some point. We'll see! You got any side hustles there? I sense a bit of wit and wickedness in you.
:) Canada will be very lucky to have you. Unfortunately, I'm very sure I'd be interested in reading the museum captions. Just in case you need a Plan B, and imagining for no real reason other than that imagination as an end in itself is surely a useful pastime, that we lived in medieval times and/or Middle Earth and/or Westeros, I think that you would make an excellent herald of the court of some draconian tyrant. I can imagine you standing next to the Iron Throne of Daenerys Targaryen, for example, announcing in peerless prose and erudition a judgment that some nondescript, subversive slaver or smuggler or something was to be subjected to an exciting death by immolation by dragon, and providing a courtesy that the accused, out of the eternal grace and kindness of the emperor, was free to choose whichever of the dragons they would prefer. You would be really, really good at that. And I think it likely that this would be a fulfilling job from a technical view-point, novel, action-packed and impactful, and once you go home for the evening you can't really carry your work home with you, right, unlike if you were an Investment Banker or something mundane like that :).

Once upon a time in my youth, thanks for asking, I was convinced that I would be a world renowned and celebrated fantasy writer. Like good enough to regularly win the Hugo and the Nebula and the bunch, writing, like David Cameron curse his name, my little shed in the country, wearing, like Hemmingway?, only a grimace, bearded, cantankerous, rude to strangers, introverted and eccentric, and more often than not, inebriated. If one can't be riding dragons, then one should be writing about them, right? Maybe I'll get back to it someday. Maybe in Canada :)

Reactions: derkdsou

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Timeline
ITA. DEC 19' 2018
AOR. DEC 27' 2018
MEP. FEB 6' 2019
BIL DONE. FEB 7' 2019
APPROVAL. MARCH 7' 2019
PPT. APRIL 9' 2019.
Family of. 4
cit/Res. Nigeria
V.O. Ottawa
FSW-O

BOOM! Congratulations oga.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hey, you can still be that guy you described. Canada is an ideal place to sequester yourself in a wooden cabin! Have you ever seen this image?

:) Canada will be very lucky to have you. Unfortunately, I'm very sure I'd be interested in reading the museum captions. Just in case you need a Plan B, and imagining for no real reason other than that imagination as an end in itself is surely a useful pastime, that we lived in medieval times and/or Middle Earth and/or Westeros, I think that you would make an excellent herald of the court of some draconian tyrant. I can imagine you standing next to the Iron Throne of Daenerys Targaryen, for example, announcing in peerless prose and erudition a judgment that some nondescript, subversive slaver or smuggler or something was to be subjected to an exciting death by immolation by dragon, and providing a courtesy that the accused, out of the eternal grace and kindness of the emperor, was free to choose whichever of the dragons they would prefer. You would be really, really good at that. And I think it likely that this would be a fulfilling job from a technical view-point, novel, action-packed and impactful, and once you go home for the evening you can't really carry your work home with you, right, unlike if you were an Investment Banker or something mundane like that :).

Once upon a time in my youth, thanks for asking, I was convinced that I would be a world renowned and celebrated fantasy writer. Like good enough to regularly win the Hugo and the Nebula and the bunch, writing, like David Cameron curse his name, my little shed in the country, wearing, like Hemmingway?, only a grimace, bearded, cantankerous, rude to strangers, introverted and eccentric, and more often than not, inebriated. If one can't be riding dragons, then one should be writing about them, right? Maybe I'll get back to it someday. Maybe in Canada :)