+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
Free beginners French lessons for any December folks who ask nicely! But you have to sign up for my crystal ball gazing class first, which is paid for. Mwahaha. <Evil grin, clacks ball with fingers>
I am humbly requesting you for lessons. On a serious note where did you study French?
You can charge me for my reading, if your prediction comes true, I will join your classes ;)

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Can anyone please comment/advise? I know each application is different but I wanted to know what you guys think?
From my experience calling CIC, the non-helpful agents just look at the web page (the same status that we see) and tell us what they see. The helpful ones actually look at the application case file that contains notes made by the reviewers. In the second case, they will request if they can put you on hold for a few minutes. That's how I've been able to tell if they are looking at the web page or the case file.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Haha, yes, learning to speak French with the right accent is 90% of the battle. And yes, she has a beautiful Parisian French accent; can't fault it. Though Parisian French people can be very uppity about all other accents of French, even the Méridional (from the south of France) or the Québécois accents, let alone all the other beautiful French accents from francophone Africa or Latin America. This makes it somewhat of an obstacle while you're still learning and perfecting your French accent because you're almost like a child at that point, learning from your mistakes. Yet, the French love it when you make any attempt in their language! The woman in the video has such a strong French accent in her English and nobody makes fun of that -- in fact, most Anglo-Saxon people would find that accent very attractive and exotic. Sorry, @Laumyl ;)
I actually tried learning French from youtube.
was watching this video
The way she pronounces 'rencontrer' made me postpone learning french.Is it the actual way to pronounce that word?

What the hell is this, hahaha?! Absolutely love Kenan Thompson on SNL!
I learned French from Pierre Escargot, when I was a child. He's on SNL now.

Learned it in school growing up in the UK from a very French French lady. She also introduced us to stinky French cheeses, and it's true what they say: Once you go stinky you never go back!
As for the crystal ball gazing, I would just be teaching you how to read it. You make your predictions from there. :p
I am humbly requesting you for lessons. On a serious note where did you study French?
You can charge me for my reading, if your prediction comes true, I will join your classes ;)

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
I actually tried learning French from youtube.
was watching this video
The way she pronounces 'rencontrer' made me postpone learning french.Is it the actual way to pronounce that word?
I work for Canadian client, I often see documents in French and sometimes when I try to read them it sounds like Punjabi for eg. residential address is adresse résidentielle, purpose of sale is but de la vente. (I think my accent is messed up, I should try watching youtube tutorials)

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
What the hell is this, hahaha?! Absolutely love Kenan Thompson on SNL
He used to be on the cast of a Nickelodeon (US children's TV network) ensemble cast show called "All That". It was like SNL/Mad TV for kids. It had lots of recurring characters, like Pierre Escargot.

Pierre taught us important French phrases like "why is your butt talking?", "who put the peanut butter in my belly button?", and most importantly, the "haw haw haw" French laugh.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
On the topic of language, I try to watch a lot of Canadian immigrant videos on YouTube, and many happen to be Indian, and it really frustrates me when they put the title in English and the language is who knows what, or they just switch in between English and whatever back and forth in the same video. It's like they're expecting only Indians to watch their content, which is fine, but I wish they wouldn't put the title in English to trick me.

divoojay

Nov 29, 2018
From my experience calling CIC, the non-helpful agents just look at the web page (the same status that we see) and tell us what they see. The helpful ones actually look at the application case file that contains notes made by the reviewers. In the second case, they will request if they can put you on hold for a few minutes. That's how I've been able to tell if they are looking at the web page or the case file.
Actually, I was once put on hold for a while (while she checked the application) and then came back and gave me the same vague status as the application online. I have no luck getting a kind and polite person who will tell me what is happening. maybe it's just me then :eek:

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I mean, when are they going to make Punjabi the third official language of Canada, amirite? The vast majority of Indian people that immigrated to Canada in earlier decades are from the Indian state of Punjab. Punjabi and Hindi are similar but distinct enough because they have their own separate scripts and someone who speaks one may not necessarily speak or understand the other. I think the demographic of the Indian people moving to Canada now is way more diverse than it used to be.

On the topic of language, I try to watch a lot of Canadian immigrant videos on YouTube, and many happen to be Indian, and it really frustrates me when they put the title in English and the language is who knows what, or they just switch in between English and whatever back and forth in the same video. It's like they're expecting only Indians to watch their content, which is fine, but I wish they wouldn't put the title in English to trick me.

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Actually, I was once put on hold for a while (while she checked the application) and then came back and gave me the same vague status as the application online. I have no luck getting a kind and polite person who will tell me what is happening. maybe it's just me then :eek:
Hmm then that theory is out of the window...

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
I know! I am an Indian, but I feel the same, India has many languages, I know only one, so most of the times I am giving those english titles videos a thumbs down as I don't understand that language :p

Reactions: nns14 and derkdsou

madscientist11

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Can anyone please comment/advise? I know each application is different but I wanted to know what you guys think?
Hi there, my application was in the same trend with your despite being Jan 19 AOR. My timeline was AOR - Immediate Fault IP2 - MEP - Ghost update - PPR. I didn't go to any IP1 IP2 NA phase like most people from 2018 AOR did, so don't worry too much if you didn't see update on your profile. Every case will be different. But you can try calling or raising a CSE. I didn't have much luck when calling the last time since I got a very rude agent who didn't even listen to my question, but I know many people had positive experience calling.

destination_cn

Mar 28, 2019
s
Hmm then that theory is out of the window...
So true. I was on hold for an agent for about 25 mins. Then when I got hold of him, he took my details and then I was placed on hold for another 5 mins. After that he gave me a vague response. He said all those stages (eligibility, criminality, security) have not yet started.

Going back to my original question, should I request the notes?

destination_cn

Mar 28, 2019
Hi there, my application was in the same trend with your despite being Jan 19 AOR. My timeline was AOR - Immediate Fault IP2 - MEP - Ghost update - PPR. I didn't go to any IP1 IP2 NA phase like most people from 2018 AOR did, so don't worry too much if you didn't see update on your profile. Every case will be different. But you can try calling or raising a CSE. I didn't have much luck when calling the last time since I got a very rude agent who didn't even listen to my question, but I know many people had positive experience calling.
Thanks for responding.

madscientist11

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
Do you have any video / channel that you recommend ? Also since you are from the US, are you planning on bringing your vehicle and do the Export / Import route, or you will get a new vehicle in Canada ? Haven't done the math so I am not sure which way is more economical for me.