+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

madscientist11

Star Member
Feb 15, 2019
s

So true. I was on hold for an agent for about 25 mins. Then when I got hold of him, he took my details and then I was placed on hold for another 5 mins. After that he gave me a vague response. He said all those stages (eligibility, criminality, security) have not yet started.

Going back to my original question, should I request the notes?
I think you should, most people on here recommend getting GCMS note at 90-100 days post AOR. Some even did them earlier. There is also a delay between asking for GCMS and getting them back so the earlier you do them the better you can plan ahead.

MarcioSilva

Aug 27, 2018
s

So true. I was on hold for an agent for about 25 mins. Then when I got hold of him, he took my details and then I was placed on hold for another 5 mins. After that he gave me a vague response. He said all those stages (eligibility, criminality, security) have not yet started.

You have 112 days, and request the notes is a legal right under the ATIP, so you can do it, I guess it is more effective than speaking on the phone, or even worse waiting 40 minutes on a queue. Notes will arrive in 30 days, so hopefully, you get your PPR before the Notes.

I've requested notes, I'm Inland Applicant, so able to request directly paying 5 bucks. If you are outland you need to use a representative, there are many.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Do you have any video / channel that you recommend ? Also since you are from the US, are you planning on bringing your vehicle and do the Export / Import route, or you will get a new vehicle in Canada ? Haven't done the math so I am not sure which way is more economical for me.
Native Goan (Indian in Toronto) and Igor Ryltsev (Ukranian in Calgary, though he just got citizenship so he is Canadian too) are pretty good.

I haven't looked into it much. I would probably export my car. I like my Prius. I don't know anything about the math. Do they make you pay taxes on it again or something?

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
s

Yes, if cost is not an issue, I think there is no downside in requesting notes, and a lot of potential upside.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Love it. One of my favorite, most hilarious Indian-man-meets-French moments is that of Peter Sellers from The Party (1968). Peter Sellers (yes, Inspector Clouseau of the original Pink Panther, and Dr. Strangelove, of course!) plays the part of an Indian actor recruited to play the role of an Indian soldier in a British Raj period piece. He is so clumsy that he manages to explode the whole movie set in the first few minutes, is then fired but somehow manages to be invited to a ritzy party at the producer's house that night in Beverly Hills due to (literally) a clerical error.

Because this is the 1960s and no real Indian people would find representation in Hollywood for several more decades to come, Peter Sellers (a white man) is actually in brownface throughout the movie! (But these things were easily overlooked in the 60s, especially in an America that was only just desegregated.)

Peter Sellers actually spent a number of years in India as a young adolescent where he picked up an "Indian accent", and then went on to play Indian roles in many a Hollywood movie of the 1960s. India is also where he met his lifetime buddy and Hollywood producer Blake Edwards, who made many of the movies he would go on to star in, including The Party, Pink Panther, etc. In The Party his role is called Hrundi V Bakshi (!!) who meets the lovely Michelle Monet (a French guest at the party) and instantly falls in love with her. This is the scene where they meet! Haha (His French is obviously wrong for comic effect.) I highly recommend y'all watch the entire movie - brilliant comic relief!

Also, watch this clip:

@Abhi2056 @USProgrammer

I work for Canadian client, I often see documents in French and sometimes when I try to read them it sounds like Punjabi for eg. residential address is adresse résidentielle, purpose of sale is but de la vente. (I think my accent is messed up, I should try watching youtube tutorials)

Last edited:

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Love it. One of my favorite, most hilarious Indian-Man-Meets-French moments is that of Peter Sellers from The Party (1968). Peter Sellers (yes, Inspector Clouseau of the original Pink Panther, and Dr. Strangelove, of course!) plays the part of an Indian actor recruited to play the role of an Indian soldier in a British Raj period piece. He is so clumsy that he manages to explode the whole movie set in the first few minutes, is then fired but somehow manages to be invited to a ritzy party at the producer's house that night in Beverly Hills due to (literally) a clerical error.

Because this is the 1960s and no real Indian people would find representation in Hollywood for several more decades to come, Peter Sellers (a white man) is actually in brownface throughout the movie! (But these things were easily overlooked in the 60s, especially in an America that was only just desegregated.)

Peter Sellers actually spent a number of years in India as a young adolescent where he picked up an "Indian accent", and then went on to play Indian roles in a many a Hollywood movie of the 1960s. India is also where he met his lifetime buddy and Hollywood producer Blake Edwards, who made many of the movies he would go on to star in, including The Party, Pink Panther, etc. In The Party his role is called Hrundi V Bakshi (!!) who meets the lovely Michelle Monet (a French guest at the party) and instantly falls in love with her. This is the scene where they meet! Haha (His French is obviously wrong for comic effect.) I highly recommend y'all watch the entire movie - brilliant comic relief!

Also, watch this clip:

@Abhi2056 @USProgrammer
His "Indian accent" appears to be keeping his lips from moving and speaking only with his tongue while keeping a goofy smile.

Reactions: derkdsou

Gaurav26

Feb 9, 2019
Category........
FSW
I have read in the group that fsw- O india, will take approx 150 days to get things moving, my vo is ottawa.. dec 3rd aor, only MEP and i know i am not the only one here in this situation..i am being a silent reader, parallaly chckng the account for ghost updates.. am all good as long as the golden mail comes thru within the 6 month period... earlier is not going to hurt, lol...
Same here aor dec5. Mep passed on 14 jan. paid rprf 29 jan. VO ndvo

Abhi2056

Star Member
Nov 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Passport Req..
28-05-2019
Love it. One of my favorite, most hilarious Indian-Man-Meets-French moments is that of Peter Sellers from The Party (1968). Peter Sellers (yes, Inspector Clouseau of the original Pink Panther, and Dr. Strangelove, of course!) plays the part of an Indian actor recruited to play the role of an Indian soldier in a British Raj period piece. He is so clumsy that he manages to explode the whole movie set in the first few minutes, is then fired but somehow manages to be invited to a ritzy party at the producer's house that night in Beverly Hills due to (literally) a clerical error.

Peter Sellers actually spent a number of years in India as a young adolescent where he picked up an "Indian accent", and then went on to play Indian roles in a many a Hollywood movie of the 1960s. India is also where he met his lifetime buddy and Hollywood producer Blake Edwards, who made many of the movies he would go on to star in, including The Party, Pink Panther, etc. In The Party his role is called Hrundi V Bakshi (!!) who meets the lovely Michelle Monet (a French guest at the party) and instantly falls in love with her. This is the scene where they meet! Haha (His French is obviously wrong for comic effect.) I highly recommend y'all watch the entire movie - brilliant comic relief!

Also, watch this clip:

@Abhi2056 @USProgrammer
Second clip was so funny and entertaining. LOL
I will definitely watch this movie tomorrow.

destination_cn

Mar 28, 2019
You have 112 days, and request the notes is a legal right under the ATIP, so you can do it, I guess it is more effective than speaking on the phone, or even worse waiting 40 minutes on a queue. Notes will arrive in 30 days, so hopefully, you get your PPR before the Notes.

I've requested notes, I'm Inland Applicant, so able to request directly paying 5 bucks. If you are outland you need to use a representative, there are many.
Thanks, I will.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hey @divoojay and @destination_cn, I was just going to say that for the most part the call center agents are super polite and will check the facts of your case if asked nicely. You have to be persistent without being rude. I had to do that once. They are all also bilingual in English and French, which is really impressive. Anyone must tire of answering the same questions all day every day, so it pays to be charming and make them smile during the call, as well.

The only real ways to find out what's happening with your application are to call and/or order GCMS notes. I always reference this post I wrote earlier to encourage people to be patient and keep in mind that IRCC has significantly increased their caseload since early 2018.

Also, @destination_cn, I read in one of your posts that your eligibility, criminality and security have not been started, so if you're concerned and want to know why this is, I suggest you order GCMS notes, as many others here have recommended as well.

Actually, I was once put on hold for a while (while she checked the application) and then came back and gave me the same vague status as the application online. I have no luck getting a kind and polite person who will tell me what is happening. maybe it's just me then :eek:

vbedi

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Native Goan (Indian in Toronto) and Igor Ryltsev (Ukranian in Calgary, though he just got citizenship so he is Canadian too) are pretty good.

I haven't looked into it much. I would probably export my car. I like my Prius. I don't know anything about the math. Do they make you pay taxes on it again or something?
yes, you have to export your car from the states and then import it into Canada by paying the import duty , some cars are not allowed in Canada due to environmental standards and stuff like that , do check if your car is allowed. It's a bit of a hassle to do this process but it pays off in the long run as you'll have a car for personal transport from day 1 and if you look at getting a car here , unless you have 5-10k spare lying around to buy car in cash you'll have a tough time getting loan from any bank or credit union or thru dealers and if they approve you they'll probably have very high interest rates because you don't have any credit history here and even though Canada also uses Experian/Transunion to get your credit reports there agencies don't share data across borders and your US history will not show in Canada, so as far as Canadian banks are concerned you're brand new with no history or credit score and they'll treat you such .

Do get your driver abstract and insurance history before you land to get you DL and insurance here , car insurance is absolutely crazy expensive in the GTA area plus most insurance companies will not give you insurance if you don't have any history . This is true for Indians landing here as well, do get your state RTO to get you a driving history .