+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

asab89

Mar 25, 2019
I'm not sure what you're asking. The post you replied to was about ghost updates which apply to everyone.
I am asking about the timelines for FSW inland applicants. Are you aware of any in your network who applied for PR in Canada itself and got it within the 6 months timeframe?

dec12aor

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
You can also call IRCC, wait on hold 30 minutes, and see what they say too!

Since you're inside Canada: call 888-242-2100. Then use options 2, 1, 1, 0 (family sponsorship). It bypasses the "put in your application info" stuff.
Just tried calling IRCC, call got disconnected due to high volume of calls.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Reactions: Shahanastar

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Just tried calling IRCC, call got disconnected due to high volume of calls.
That happens. I usually just call right back. That's why you want to use options 2, 1, 1, 0 so you don't have to waste time putting in your application info and listening to the response.

You'll get a slot after a few tries and wait about 30 minutes.

nagendrab0

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
My understanding too was that Etobicoke means you're in for a wait and they transfer applications there with issues that need to be resolved. To be honest, I can't remember where I read that, so take that with a huge grain of salt.
Thanks for replying to my post!

Looks like the huge grain of salt might take 3-6 months to swallow!

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
I take @legalfalcon's opinion on these things at face value because he has seen hundreds of GCMS notes and is somewhat of an expert on how applications are processed and distributed across the IRCC network of centers and offices. He has tried to address someone else's question about Etobicoke here and it appears to be simply about spreading out the caseload: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-537#post-7406164

REPOST:

BC PNP EE (FSW)
JAN 6' 2019

Sent a webform request to IRCC last week and got this back today in the morning

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Etobicoke, Ontario. (Previously this was Sydney, Nova Scotia)
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently in process. (BG was always in progress/ IP2 after my medicals)
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you. (Passed Feb 13' 2019)
VO Etobicoke
- Read some posts on this forum and not many were happy about their file being transferred to Etobicoke :eek:, IMMI tracker doesn't even have Etobicoke as a dropdown option for VO offices. So it has been hard to know the timelines for Etobicoke VO applicants.

Ordered my GCMS notes on Mar 8' 2018

Any thoughts?

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
I take @legalfalcon's opinion on these things at face value because he has seen hundreds of GCMS notes and is somewhat of an expert on how applications are processed and distributed across the IRCC network of centers and offices. He has tried to address someone else's question about Etobicoke here and it appears to be simply about spreading out the caseload: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-537#post-7406164
That sounds much better than my uninformed garbage response. :p

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi all, I've just spoken with an immensely lovely Québécoise lady at IRCC. What I learned was less exciting:

(Medical: Passed)
Eligibility: Met (on 7 Feb at CIO-Sydney)
Criminality
: In progress
Security: In progress
Visa Office: CPC-Ottawa (transferred from CIO-Sydney)

There have been no material changes to my application since the 7th of Feb, except for the fact that my case moved to CPC-Ottawa. Criminality and security are still in progress. She said the absence of updates or direct notes on my file doesn't mean that things aren't happening. Le sigh.

nagendrab0

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks @derkdsou for replying to my post!
It's weird that Etobicoke is not in the list of VO's in immitracker. Which makes the analytics report for PPR timeline by VO's not useful in my case.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi all, I've just spoken with an immensely lovely Québécoise lady at IRCC. What I learned was less exciting:

(Medical: Passed)
Eligibility: Met (on 7 Feb at CIO-Sydney)
Criminality
: In progress
Security: In progress
Visa Office: CPC-Ottawa (transferred from CIO-Sydney)

There have been no material changes to my application since the 7th of Feb, except for the fact that my case moved to CPC-Ottawa. Criminality and security are still in progress. She said the absence of updates or direct notes on my file doesn't mean that things aren't happening. Le sigh.
So much for the "longer travel history = simpler" theory? ;)

Good luck, buddy! A haiku:

So much traveling.
You've so many entry stamps.
Hopefully it's quick.

Reactions: Laumyl and derkdsou

dec12aor

Star Member
Mar 25, 2019
REPOST:

BC PNP EE (FSW)
JAN 6' 2019

Sent a webform request to IRCC last week and got this back today in the morning

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• Your application is currently being processed at the local office in Etobicoke, Ontario. (Previously this was Sydney, Nova Scotia)
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
    • you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.
  • The background verifications are currently in process. (BG was always in progress/ IP2 after my medicals)
  • The medical examination results on file are valid for you. (Passed Feb 13' 2019)
VO Etobicoke
- Read some posts on this forum and not many were happy about their file being transferred to Etobicoke :eek:, IMMI tracker doesn't even have Etobicoke as a dropdown option for VO offices. So it has been hard to know the timelines for Etobicoke VO applicants.

Ordered my GCMS notes on Mar 8' 2018

Any thoughts?
Looks like Etobicoke VO handles PNP applications.

My application is also at same office.

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
Hi @USProgrammer ,

Just spoke to IRCC agent

My application is at Etobicoke VO.

Criminality : in progress
Security : not started
Eligibility : not started
Cool. GCMS would probably be useless right now, just FYI. I wouldn't waste your money.

Reactions: dec12aor

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Oh man, that theory was just something I came up with because I don't want to believe that mo' travel can potentially mean mo' processing time. Haha!
I am just crossing everything crossable on me that my application doesn't go into a prolonged security screening, so please light some incense, eat a tofurkey or carry out whatever other ritual that might help avert such an outcome!

Here's a haiku back at ya:

All that traveling,
Might come to bite my behind!
Fingers and toes crossed.

So much for the "longer travel history = simpler" theory? ;)

Good luck, buddy! A haiku:

So much traveling.
You've so many entry stamps.
Hopefully it's quick.

Reactions: mumbaikar88