Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I am having same timeline like yours Aor 6 April, Ip2 20 may and i fear that you may be in Ss, i applied for Cabsa notes and Csis notes From Getgcms.com to make sure abt SS, Do you have s(16) or S(15) on your notes and have information redacted, Also see how many activities are blank before security and Also check informationin admissibility section.
And legalfalcon can better advise on your situation.
The security related info in GCMS notes will always be retracted. To see those details you will need CBSA notes. But most CBSA notes are requested by applicants who are stuck in security screening.

As regards 16 / 15 see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have a really important question. For proof of funds, I showed 6 PF Indian accounts totaling to Rs 9.5 lakh. I received Procedural fairness letter as the accounts were in joint name of me and my father. I have time until Nov 30th to show additional letter or proofs. What can I do now?
See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

howing funds held in joint accounts and spouse’s accounts
If an applicant’s spouse is accompanying, the applicant can show the funds held together in a joint account to meet the PoF requirement. However, to be able to show the funds for meeting the PoF requirement, held in an account under the spouse’s name only, the applicant must prove that they have access to the funds. This can me done by the spouse executing an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the spouse’s account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

Similarly, if an applicant has a joint account with their parent, then the parent will have to execute an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the joint account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

Or you can ask your father to execute a gift deed for the PF accounts.

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
IRCC will periodically transfer applications due to workload distribution and there is nothing surprising about it. Extract from one of my older posts:

Visa Office

There has been an obsession of finding which visa office the application is at. Many threads on this forum start with explaining how to find your visa office. Let's get to the crux of it. Finding the visa office was very relevant pre- express entry. Even after the introduction of express entry in 2015, the same practice was followed which usually was for the paper based application, but that is no longer the case. Earlier all application followed the following trajectory:

Central Intake Office - Case Processing Centre - Local Visa Office

However, this has radically changed and for all express entry, all application follow the following:

1. Central Intake Office -
The R10 (completeness check) is done at the Central Intake Office for all classes (FSW / PNP / CEC). Now even the criminality and medicals are done at CIO.

2. Case Processing Centre - There are 4 case processing offices of IRCC, which are as follows:

Sydney, Nova Scotia - Seals with the following:
  • provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – Non-Express Entry applications
  • Centralized Intake Office – Immigrant Investor Program (IIP)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Skilled Workers (QSW)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Start Up Business Class
  • Centralized Intake Office – Self Employed (SE)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Quebec Business Class (QBC)
  • Centralized Intake Office – Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Now has started doing eligibility for EE applications in limited numbers.

Vegreville, Alberta
Deals with Specialized permanent resident application. Those following in the category of Medical needs, work permits, work permits for spouses, study permits, co-op permits. EE applications which have a downgraded category.

This is the place where you EE application will land if any of the members in the application have a medical condition. This is where determinations of refusal, monitoring etc are made.

Now has started doing eligibility for EE applications in limited numbers.

Mississauga, Ontario
Only deals with family class PR applications.
No EE applications are dealt here so far.

Ottawa, Ontario
This is the most important processing office for all EE, and it is also the Local Visa Office for in-land applicants and those applying from USA.

3. Local Visa Office - This is the office where you will be asked to submit your passport after your application has been approved. Usually the consulate in your home country.

These days all application after starting at CIO (where R10 is met), either start the processing of eligibility at CIO itself, or move to CPC (wither Ottawa, Sydney, or Vegreville), or are straight sent to the LVO. The trend has been to complete most of the processing between CIO and CPC. Since the applications are electronically stored, there is no movement of physical files.

SUGGESTION - There is no point sending emails to ask which VO your application is at, as that process is moot since the eligibility can even start at CIO. So save yourself some time and efforts and also save the human resources of IRCC and stop sending emails. Even if you know which VO your application is at, it means nothing. Most applications which are processed within weeks and get PPR, are processed at CIO, and this is a much faster way.

A few applications will see eligibility passed, and then go to not started when the application is sent to the LVO. This is because the final review is done at the LVO, and the local agent may decide to conduct additional review, or identification before the eligibility is finally set to PASSED.

What matters is that your application is progressing and moving on. It has to pass the following stages:

Tracking your application

Unfortunately the only thing that you see is your MyCIC account. There has been a growing trend of speculation where change of status on MyCIC has been attributed to eligibility being passed, etc. The whole NA, IP IP2 is speculation and has no bearing on determining which stage your application is at. While any change of status is a good sign, but merely relying on NA and IP is not the correct way.

Most applicants will find it irrelevant, as their applications will be processed and approved within the first 3-4 months. It is those who wait for more than 4 months, where things go crazy as they keep relying on NA, IP etc, and see no movement or progress. Many other are stuck on so called IP2, and the PPR never seems to come.

So put these speculative theories to rest. As per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, regulations and the ministeral instructions every application goes through the following stages:

R10 (Completeness check)
Medicals
Criminality
A11.2 Eligibility (The most important stage)
Security

To read more on each stage click here. While most applicants will not need to go this deep, but for those who have concerns about the application or it is taking too long should see which stage they are at. Also, the only way to determine the stage is by GCMS notes. To read more on GCMS notes, see the thread here.
As you mention
Mississauga, Ontario

so how my express entry file is processing at this office?
read somewhere that, file reached to Etobicoke office if they have some concern or red flag. is it true?

THanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot @legalfalcon
However, then what cud b the reason that my eligibility is still not met?
I am clear on rest of the doc part..
I hv claimed points for 6+yrs exp
have submitted all possible docs with reference letter in CIC format.
My current jib itself covers almost 5.2 yrs yrs of the experience at the time of submission.The ref letter was on company letterhead signed by HR
The rest two companies ref letter is on blank paper.as one company is shut n other has policy wic does not allow to gv such letter to employees older than 1yr.
But in that case i got the letters digned from mgrs n hv given their new jobs visitng card n emp Id. and rest docs like offer, exp, confirmation letter r all on letterheads.

Also, all education docs r complete in terms of passing, marksheet, convocation certificate etc

Where cud b the issue for eligibility yet not met?
Or is it normal to not meet for 3 months?
I have ordered noted a week back will wait for that tough but ur inputs are highly appreciated..

Thnkx
There seems to be concerns. An average application takes 6 months and this six months processing time starts from the date you pass R10 and not from the AoR date.

The only way to know the status of your application is GCMS notes, or you can wait it out.

Richacanada

Oct 3, 2018
See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

howing funds held in joint accounts and spouse’s accounts
If an applicant’s spouse is accompanying, the applicant can show the funds held together in a joint account to meet the PoF requirement. However, to be able to show the funds for meeting the PoF requirement, held in an account under the spouse’s name only, the applicant must prove that they have access to the funds. This can me done by the spouse executing an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the spouse’s account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

Similarly, if an applicant has a joint account with their parent, then the parent will have to execute an affidavit affirming that the funds held in the joint account can be used by the applicant for the purpose of meeting the PoF requirements.

Or you can ask your father to execute a gift deed for the PF accounts.
Thanks. The letter I received mention "the account should be in your name or your spouse name only". In this scenario too affidavit will work? Also, what if I submit the affidavit and ask my mother to give me gift deed as well to be on a safer side. Will this gift deed work at this point of time?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
As you mention
Mississauga, Ontario

so how my express entry file is processing at this office?
read somewhere that, file reached to Etobicoke office if they have some concern or red flag. is it true?

THanks
IRCC allocates files based on the work load that different offices have. It does publish the list of offices that primarily deal with a specific application, but that does not bar them from processing other applications too.

As regards sending an application for a specific concern is unheard of. If you have concerns about your application, you can request GCMS notes and see if there is anything out of place.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks. The letter I received mention "the account should be in your name or your spouse name only". In this scenario too affidavit will work? Also, what if I submit the affidavit and ask my mother to give me gift deed as well to be on a safer side. Will this gift deed work at this point of time?
You should have made sure before you filed your application. At this stage, you can try, what will work and what won't will be at the discretion of the officer reviewing your application.

BadLuckSam

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting.
As per note 7, IRCC is trying to confirm you employment with one of the employers. This is what may be taking time. In such cases, IRCC will ask the LVO to investigate and provide the with a report.

Apart from this, I do not see ant concerns.
Hello again @legalfalcon,

Do you think (after a year and a half of nothing) it would a good idea to cancel the application and reapply again, or it's a bad idea? Because I now have a better document. (An employment letter, which I won't be needing now, was apparently the cause of this limbo according to CBSA notes). Almost 17 months later, my Eligibility has not been initiated yet.

lvoldemort1127

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Category........
App. Filed.......
24-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Hi, @legalfalcon ,

I'm really need your help.
My AOR is June 1st and MEP&IP1 is June 15th, since then nothing happened. According to my notes, which I received on Oct 3rd, my eligibility was review required due to POF. I submitted a fix deposit as POF and the case analyst marked as "officer review required". Until now, no officer cares about my case. Do you know what I can do about it, do I need to raise a CSE proactively?

Besides, my employer's name was wrong in my notes, and case analyst's notes in the last part didn't mention about it either. However, it didn't affect my CRS score and analyst didn't say anything negative about it. Should I concern about this?

ilovecanada90

May 21, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi @legalfalcon,

I had a concern and would be grateful if you could kindly advise me. I am an FSW-Inland applicant and currently in IP2 stage (background check in progress). My AOR is June 13 and my VO is Montreal. On July 26, the case analyst reviewed and gave a recommendation of ‘Recommend Pass’. However, he also noted that 3 years of my work experience could not be verified (because of lack of a compensation letter), so my total FSW points had to be taken down from 15 to 11. However, since my total points was still 75 (above the minimum requirement of 67) and since the status given by the analyst was ‘Recommend Pass’, I did not upload any additional documents trying to prove the 3 years of experience that the analyst could not verify.

Now it has been over 4 months, but the overall application status is still unchaged at Eligibility: Recommend Passed, Criminality: In Progress, Security: Not Started.

Do you think I should upload additional documents for my work experience so that they can be verified by the concerned officer and Eligibility can be passed? Would that help speed up the process, or is there a chance the application might get delayed further?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks a ton in advance!

Kind regards...

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Hello Legalfalcon,

I am a PR in Canada. When I applied for my PR in 2017 my wife and daughter were listed as non-accompanying dependents. Later they joined me to Canada on TRV. Their visitor visa is valid for 3 years. However, upon entry in July 2018, they were entitled to a 6 months stay which will end in January 2018.

Now I am planning to submit their inland sponsorship application under the Canada class in early December 2018 and apply for an extension of stay in mid-December 2018 stating that I have applied for a sponsorship and other family reasons.

Is it the right thing to do?

Or will it make more sense to apply for an extension of stay first and then submit the sponsorship application?

Please also advice if an outland application would be a better option in my situation.

Please advice.

Last edited:

amolsjain89

Jan 24, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon

I need your help regarding my situation. I am EE FSW O applicant and my AOR crossed 6 months. My details are as follows:

AOR - 30 April, 2018.
Married - May 24, 2018
Added Spouse - June 7, 2018
I'm residing in the US and my wife is in India.

As per past GCMSes:

R10 passed: May 4, 2018
Elig recommend passed: May 28, 2018
Spouse docs received: Jun 11, 2018
No update for 3 months...
Officer review: September 12, 2018
Elig passed mentioning he/she is satisfied on the balance of probabilities the PA meets eligibility requirements of R75, R76. No concerns on work ex, POF, and no relationship concerns.

Security and criminality is still not started for me and spouse. I have completed almost 7 months now and yet to received PPR. I have emailed/called CIC but all I hear is to wait it out. Do you know any reason why application is taking so long in spite of no concerns on the submitted documents?

Also, my company is planning to raise Intra Company Transfer visa for me (and Open WP for spouse). Do you think it will be an issue with my EE already in progress. Please guide.

Reactions: wonderingnomad

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello again @legalfalcon,

Do you think (after a year and a half of nothing) it would a good idea to cancel the application and reapply again, or it's a bad idea? Because I now have a better document. (An employment letter, which I won't be needing now, was apparently the cause of this limbo according to CBSA notes). Almost 17 months later, my Eligibility has not been initiated yet.
Since I am not privy to your documents I can't give you a conclusive answer. If after 17 months your eligibility still hasn't passed, what makes you feel things will be different when you re-apply.

Weigh the pros and cons. Only if you feel that things will be substantially different, only then make that call. Also be advised that IRCC will keep a copy of your application even if you decide to withdraw it. If your new application is substantially different from what you filed before, it will create more questions than answers.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, @legalfalcon ,

I'm really need your help.
My AOR is June 1st and MEP&IP1 is June 15th, since then nothing happened. According to my notes, which I received on Oct 3rd, my eligibility was review required due to POF. I submitted a fix deposit as POF and the case analyst marked as "officer review required". Until now, no officer cares about my case. Do you know what I can do about it, do I need to raise a CSE proactively?

Besides, my employer's name was wrong in my notes, and case analyst's notes in the last part didn't mention about it either. However, it didn't affect my CRS score and analyst didn't say anything negative about it. Should I concern about this?
Many applicant's get a "review required:" for PoF. This is because proper documents are not being submitted. Even if you submit a FD as PoF, you still need a bank document clearly stating that the FD is unencumbered, and can be readily liquidated along with other details. If the analyst or an assistant has any doubts, they will let an officer make a determination on that. If you feel that you did not submit all the documents, you can go ahead and file them via CSE.

Also, if the application is pending an officer's review, then you can consider requesting another GCMS notes. Sometime it helps move an application as an officer has to review the notes before they are released and if there is something small pending, the officer will update it.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I had a concern and would be grateful if you could kindly advise me. I am an FSW-Inland applicant and currently in IP2 stage (background check in progress). My AOR is June 13 and my VO is Montreal. On July 26, the case analyst reviewed and gave a recommendation of ‘Recommend Pass’. However, he also noted that 3 years of my work experience could not be verified (because of lack of a compensation letter), so my total FSW points had to be taken down from 15 to 11. However, since my total points was still 75 (above the minimum requirement of 67) and since the status given by the analyst was ‘Recommend Pass’, I did not upload any additional documents trying to prove the 3 years of experience that the analyst could not verify.

Now it has been over 4 months, but the overall application status is still unchaged at Eligibility: Recommend Passed, Criminality: In Progress, Security: Not Started.

Do you think I should upload additional documents for my work experience so that they can be verified by the concerned officer and Eligibility can be passed? Would that help speed up the process, or is there a chance the application might get delayed further?

Looking forward to your response. Thanks a ton in advance!

Kind regards...
Most applications don't see movement not because there is anything wrong with them, but because no one has worked on them. So if your points are over the CRS cut-off and you meet the MEC, there is no need to worry. You can surely send in the compensation document via CSE, but if you already meet the requirement, there is no reason why you should. But that is your call. It will neither affect not boost your case one way or the other.

Also, if the application is pending an officer's review, then you can consider requesting another GCMS notes. Sometime it helps move an application as an officer has to review the notes before they are released and if there is something small pending, the officer will update it.