+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

Tahaj

Feb 20, 2019
Congratulations!
My December Friends,
Received an e-mail today
It has been approved!!

So I was getting quite frustrated with all the CEC-Inlands getting their PPR and was starting to get anxious about my status even after 3 ghost updates!! So I sent the following CSE on February 26:

Hello, I am writing to enquire about the status of my application. There was an application update on the cic website, but nothing had changed in what was available. I am specifically asking for the following: 1. Eligibility Check 2. Security Check 3. Criminality Check 4. Visa Office 5. If there is a need for any other documents Thank you for taking the time to read this email and following up.

The response I got on February 28th was:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
  • We are pleased to inform you that your permanent residence application has been approved.
  • A correspondence was sent on February 20, 2019 to advise you and your family members (if applicable) of this decision. You may be asked to send documents to finalize your application.
-----------------

Still waiting for the golden letter, but until then, I guess I'll let my anxiousness subside... Blessing to everyone and good luck!!
Congratulations!!

Also, quick question, and it may sound stupid, but I called IRCC on Monday and they said my security was done and my criminality and eligibility have not been started. Would it be too soon to give them a call today? 5 days later.

The reason why I'm so anxious about it is that a job change might be imminent in my near future and I would really love to know where I stand

moeykang

Oct 24, 2018
Congratulations @moeykang It sure is a great feeling to know you’ve been approved. We are in the same position waiting for that golden email.
Waiting... It's like life in Toronto... Waiting for Spring to come..
I've tried calling CIC this morning just to hear live from an agent, but it seems everyone is calling CIC, so let's get some popcorn and just wait...

Reactions: TheNorms

moeykang

Oct 24, 2018
Congratulations!

Congratulations!!

Also, quick question, and it may sound stupid, but I called IRCC on Monday and they said my security was done and my criminality and eligibility have not been started. Would it be too soon to give them a call today? 5 days later.

The reason why I'm so anxious about it is that a job change might be imminent in my near future and I would really love to know where I stand
Thank you!!

Everyone's situation is different, so I can't really comment on what is the best thing to do... However, if I were in your shoes, unless three is a ghost update, I'd probably wait. IMHO ghost application means something has happened and a phone call will not make the process go any faster. If you needed to know, I'd rather submit a CSE... just my two cents...

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
They approve the case “decision made” then they issue PPR then you get COPR, but apparently PPR can take anywhere between 3 to 6 weeks after approval to be issued. Crazy to think it may take them longer to issue PPR than it did to process the case for approval. Guess it’s just another crazy example of the world of IRCC..

I’m under PNP, so I’m not sure if PPR is issued differently on PNP to other streams
Ah ok, i somehow had missed the step just before PPR ! Thanks for this. I am FSW-O. Hopefully you'll get the golden email soon!!!

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
I guess this was a ghost update!

PPR received this morning at 7:35!!!

The relief I feel is indescribable!

Good luck to everyone else!
Congratulations

aknath.707

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Yayyyy! Finally, I successfully entered in 14 weeks timeline, that means 50% processing time is over. Now I can countdown :D

Just got off from a call to an agent. She was friendly, she gave me an update. Due to poor connection at that very moment I could not hear properly, I asked her again, she told the same but still, it was not clear. But it looked like - Everything is under process. Then I asked, is really my criminality check is going on for a month? She replied, not necessarily, but until a case officer approves it is shown as "in process". My update is yet to be reviewed by a case officer.

preetz

Nov 13, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
Hi all,

So today my husband ( main applicant) had called cic. 22 min waiting time.
He enquired about the status of application.

Eligibility is done . Medical is passed . That’s all.

Background check not yet started.

Just wanted to let you guys know..

preetz

Nov 13, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
11-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
Oo..atleast you got that update.
He said it’s too early for an update as the timeline is 6 months :(

Does eligibility pass mean that they have checked whether all documents are in required format or not?

QUOTE="rajesh_r, post: 7637094, member: 832775"]Same here, except my background status says in progress ...o_O[/QUOTE]

rajesh_r

Jan 14, 2019
Oo..atleast you got that update.
He said it’s too early for an update as the timeline is 6 months :(

Does eligibility pass mean that they have checked whether all documents are in required format or not?

QUOTE="rajesh_r, post: 7637094, member: 832775"]Same here, except my background status says in progress ...o_O
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure on the eligibility pass. I got a ghost update and the BG status changed to in progress... I did not bother to call IRCC and Yeah, long way for PPR...:rolleyes:

Reactions: H0ney and preetz

ZHR

Star Member
Jan 12, 2019
Dhaka
NOC Code......
Yayyyy! Finally, I successfully entered in 14 weeks timeline, that means 50% processing time is over. Now I can countdown :D

Just got off from a call to an agent. She was friendly, she gave me an update. Due to poor connection at that very moment I could not hear properly, I asked her again, she told the same but still, it was not clear. But it looked like - Everything is under process. Then I asked, is really my criminality check is going on for a month? She replied, not necessarily, but until a case officer approves it is shown as "in process". My update is yet to be reviewed by a case officer.
All the best

lurdy

Star Member
Aug 12, 2017
Abuja
Does it mean that background check remains we are processing your background check until a case analyst approves application

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Congratulations!

Congratulations!!

If eligibility hasn't started, 5 days is unlikely to have changed anything. Give it a few weeks at least.