+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

ladyday

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi guys,

I did my landing at the Etobicoke office last Thursday, Oct. 3rd.
It was really calm and the officer was really nice to us.
My appt was booked @3 pm, but I got there at 130pm and left @ 210 pm.

You are supposed to double-check your COPR when it arrives at home. Make sure that all details are right before booking the appt.
On the interview day, you only need the passport, COPR, RFPF receipt and the letter sent with the appt details (In some cases is good to have the POF). They also asked 2 photos, but I didn't want to change mine from the COPR and waste more $20 cad, so I just told him that I would like to keep the same photo and there was no issue.

The office did the same questions that are in the COPR:
- Day and place of 1st entry in Canada
- Day and place of last entry in Canada
- Do you have any children?
- Did you commit any criminal offence?

He asked us to initials and signed the COPR, gave some other instructions and congratulated us: You are a permanent resident now. Congratulations and welcome to Canada. During the time he was processing the application, he was gentle and he asked if we would go back home or stay here / if we still feeling as tourists or if we were already adapted to life here.

The service Canada is beside the office, so I just updated my SIN # after the IRCC interview.

Overall, it was a really easy and fast process. I would say that it was better than crossing the border.

I hope that it was helpful =)

homaiooni

Aug 6, 2019
The same query, I informed IRCC about the change in residence and got the acknowledgement but the Vfs center isn't the one where I'm currently living.
@jazy3313 did you update your address after you got PPR or before that and how? I have the same issue. I'm in another country now and they assigned me to an office in my previous country. I wonder whether it's better to inform them about my new address and ask them to change my visa office or I can appraoch the local VFS here and they will handle it.

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
@jazy3313 did you update your address after you got PPR or before that and how? I have the same issue. I'm in another country now and they assigned me to an office in my previous country. I wonder whether it's better to inform them about my new address and ask them to change my visa office or I can appraoch the local VFS here and they will handle it.
I'm facing the same problem right now brother. Yes I emailed them about the change of address and the address mentioned on the top of the letter is my current address but still they mentioned incorrect VFS city. @legalfalcon Manmeet sir, need your advice on this.

Reactions: homaiooni

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Hi there, congratulations to all PPR champions, I am very happy hearing that most of us received their letters, got Copr, landed already...from my side I was requested to do remedical by last week sept 24th, made it by then and it is showing passed since sept 29th, 2019. Meanwhile, I wrote to an MP and he mentioned the following statement regarding my app: "the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized." which obviously means that the eligibility is done after beeing "met" since feb 2019. In addition to that, regarding security, tit is saying "security not started". Usually "remedical" is sent when all the checks are done and the medical results are to expire, but my first ones would be expiring by Nov 26th. Any thoughts?

mapleleafmapleleaf

Jul 5, 2019
Hi there, congratulations to all PPR champions, I am very happy hearing that most of us received their letters, got Copr, landed already...from my side I was requested to do remedical by last week sept 24th, made it by then and it is showing passed since sept 29th, 2019. Meanwhile, I wrote to an MP and he mentioned the following statement regarding my app: "the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized." which obviously means that the eligibility is done after beeing "met" since feb 2019. In addition to that, regarding security, tit is saying "security not started". Usually "remedical" is sent when all the checks are done and the medical results are to expire, but my first ones would be expiring by Nov 26th. Any thoughts?
Did the MP officer said your criminality is valid and security not start? Did he said your eligibility finalized back in Fed 2019 or just recently?

Reactions: Pura Vida

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Did the MP officer said your criminality is valid and security not start? Did he said your eligibility finalized back in Fed 2019 or just recently?
He did not mention the date of eligibility finalized. But regarding security he said not started and criminality is valid.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Does anyone have an idea about this? Since some others here have a similar situation, ill tag @USProgrammer @legalfalcon to know their opinion on this.
The same query, I informed IRCC about the change in residence and got the acknowledgement but the Vfs center isn't the one where I'm currently living.
When you move to a new country, it is an applicant's obligation to inform IRCC, and this will change your LVO to your country of residence.

NDVO is the slaggiest office in terms of responding. so send an email to CPC-Ottawa. You can visit the VFS and show them the PPR email and ask if they would process it. As long as you have informed IRCC, even if you haven't received a reply, you should be fine.

Also, when IRCC sends you a new PPR email, you 30 days submitting time is reset. So do not panic.

Reactions: tarunraja1

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I'm facing the same problem right now brother. Yes I emailed them about the change of address and the address mentioned on the top of the letter is my current address but still they mentioned incorrect VFS city. @legalfalcon Manmeet sir, need your advice on this.
See my response - #12340

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Looks like your file is almost done processing - watch out for ghost update regarding your medicals passed - once the status changes most of the candidates get their PR Email immediately or within a weeks time..

Regarding your security - it does not take that long to complete security checks in some cases - mine was done in a weeks time - also there might be a delay in updating the system - i would suggest to call ircc ..

Anhcuong3295

Apr 3, 2019
Vietnam
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-12-2018
Med's Done....
30-01-2019
Hi, My Medical results expires 30th Nov. I have just received a re-medical check last week. I think you will receive one soon

Pura Vida

Oct 10, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Schedule A
Nomination.....
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
25-12-2018
Med's Done....
13-02-2019
Passport Req..
November 18th 2019
Looks like your file is almost done processing - watch out for ghost update regarding your medicals passed - once the status changes most of the candidates get their PR Email immediately or within a weeks time..

Regarding your security - it does not take that long to complete security checks in some cases - mine was done in a weeks time - also there might be a delay in updating the system - i would suggest to call ircc ..
Excellent, thanks a lot for your comment.

Reactions: kzeed12