Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Vfs. The staff went above and beyond to help and were very good but their door staff could really use training. Maybe being made aware they're the only centre in thr country, in a place that's hard to navigate for lots of people, who may have travelled hundreds of miles at great personal cost. Telling them to get lost for a matter of minutes is nuts
Sorry to hear it didn't go smoothly at first. Glad it got sorted out the same day. In my case the biometric info was updated fairly quickly in the IRCC website, however the site still shows the status as "we need your fingerprints / action required". Are you in the same situation?

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Sorry to hear it didn't go smoothly at first. Glad it got sorted out the same day. In my case the biometric info was updated fairly quickly in the IRCC website, however the site still shows the status as "we need your fingerprints / action required". Are you in the same situation?
It doesn't seem like it actually! My status was 6 months; I got the biometrics request and it finally updated, switching to "expected 5 months", then I did my Biometrics. Status showed updated on the application and biometrics now says completed (so it took less than 24 hours) and my timeline now shows 4 months, though the estimated completion date is no different =P

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
It doesn't seem like it actually! My status was 6 months; I got the biometrics request and it finally updated, switching to "expected 5 months", then I did my Biometrics. Status showed updated on the application and biometrics now says completed (so it took less than 24 hours) and my timeline now shows 4 months, though the estimated completion date is no different =P
Lucky you, i hope they will amend the status, it is strange that all the biometrics info is there but stills says i need to take action. Hopefully a glitch in the system. One more question if you don't mind, did you get an email from "Canada Visa Application Service" saying your application is under process at a certain Visa office? i got this a day after submitting biometrics so i was wondering if this was related to biometrics or to my application in general and can't seem to find anything similar on the forum and not many people on AOR december seem to be giving biometrics!

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Lucky you, i hope they will amend the status, it is strange that all the biometrics info is there but stills says i need to take action. Hopefully a glitch in the system. One more question if you don't mind, did you get an email from "Canada Visa Application Service" saying your application is under process at a certain Visa office? i got this a day after submitting biometrics so i was wondering if this was related to biometrics or to my application in general and can't seem to find anything similar on the forum and not many people on AOR december seem to be giving biometrics!
Certainly sounds like a bug to me! I have not received an email but I only submitted my Biometrics yesterday and today's a Weekend, so that doesn't really surprise me. Did you submit any request asking them about the application or did they just volunteer that information? Which office did it refer to?

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics: Completed
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Last edited:

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Certainly sounds like a bug to me! I have not received an email but I only submitted my Biometrics yesterday and today's a Weekend, so that doesn't really surprise me. Did you submit any request asking them about the application or did they just volunteer that information? Which office did it refer to?
Let's hope it's a bug. No i haven't sent any query to ask if it was a bug as it hasn't been long and now is weekend.
So i was really surprised when i got the email from Canada Visa Application Services (rather than the typical "Do not reply" mail), giving me a tracking number. The website that it links to is VFS global, and on it it was saying Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXX is under process at Canada Visa Office, ABU DHABI . So quite confused on whether it is linked to giving the biometrics to VFS this week or if it means my whole EE application has been transferred locally.

RayBear

Dec 13, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2281/2282
App. Filed.......
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Med's Done....
03-12-2018
Let's hope it's a bug. No i haven't sent any query to ask if it was a bug as it hasn't been long and now is weekend.
So i was really surprised when i got the email from Canada Visa Application Services (rather than the typical "Do not reply" mail), giving me a tracking number. The website that it links to is VFS global, and on it it was saying Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXXX is under process at Canada Visa Office, ABU DHABI . So quite confused on whether it is linked to giving the biometrics to VFS this week or if it means my whole EE application has been transferred locally.
Interesting. I assume you just provided Biometrics using a Biometrics instruction letter request sent to you via ICC?

Ahmed_E

Star Member
Jan 20, 2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
I received the same email from vfs Riyadh and it's a generic message. You normally receive it after providing your biometrics and it's irrelevant to your PR application. I called them myself after receiving it to make sure.

Reactions: Laumyl

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Interesting, and good to know. I was going to say something to the same effect. The VO that handles your biometrics may not be the VO that handles your entire application. Plus, I imagine for applicants who have lived and/or worked in different countries in the past 10 years (such as myself), it is likely that two or more VOs are collaborating on the application.
@Laumyl
I received the same email from vfs Riyadh and it's a generic message. You normally receive it after providing your biometrics and it's irrelevant to your PR application. I called them myself after receiving it to make sure.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
I got that too, and vfs had informed me in advance about this. Surprisingly I have received the email twice again including one today though my status was updated on 29th Jan.

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Excellent thanks a lot for the information!

Laumyl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu-Dhabi
Nomination.....
12/12/2018
AOR Received.
17/12/2018
Interesting, and good to know. I was going to say something to the same effect. The VO that handles your biometrics may not be the VO that handles your entire application. Plus, I imagine for applicants who have lived and/or worked in different countries in the past 10 years (such as myself), it is likely that two or more VOs are collaborating on the application.
@Laumyl
Yes you are right I am also in the situation of having living in different countries and don’t get me started on the travels .... I’m afraid it will take them forever to go through my application with all the travels...