+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

vbedi

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Got my passports back from CPC yesterday ,Overall timeline - Application Approved 03/27 , Passport send along with return label (via Canada post) 03/29 , reached Ottawa 04/03 (some delay in post) . Application updated -04/05 . Return tracker activated 4/10, passports received 4/11.

I also completed my "Landing" yesterday, after I got my passports in the morning, I & wife decided to drive to the Newyork border (about a 1.5 hours drive from our place) and complete the landing process .

Drove over into US over queenston-lewiston bridge in Niagra , did flagpoling (pretty common here) , came back into Canada and got CoPR stamped in total of 30 mins , excluding the drive :) .

So relieved FINALLY became PR"s of Canada after a long and gruesome 10 years of struggling through the immigration system in USA. Feel extremely good to be free .

phillcent

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
@derkdsou, when I called IRCC some days back, this is what I got as feedback.

VISA Office - Ottawa
Medicals - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - Not started
Eligibility - Under review.

Any ideas what 'under review means?

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
I've just received my gcms notes it says neither eligibility nor security has started and It has been 130 days that I have submitted the application.

When I further read along there is this eligibility assessment under secondary visa office, which is met and there are detailed notes on my education, work experience, funds. What's the difference between the two.

JoyForPR

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
Got my passports back from CPC yesterday ,Overall timeline - Application Approved 03/27 , Passport send along with return label (via Canada post) 03/29 , reached Ottawa 04/03 (some delay in post) . Application updated -04/05 . Return tracker activated 4/10, passports received 4/11.

I also completed my "Landing" yesterday, after I got my passports in the morning, I & wife decided to drive to the Newyork border (about a 1.5 hours drive from our place) and complete the landing process .

Drove over into US over queenston-lewiston bridge in Niagra , did flagpoling (pretty common here) , came back into Canada and got CoPR stamped in total of 30 mins , excluding the drive :) .

So relieved FINALLY became PR"s of Canada after a long and gruesome 10 years of struggling through the immigration system in USA. Feel extremely good to be free .
Congratulations!! Must feel so good and free(of the moronic companies who take advantage of our visa situation (USA) and twist our arms to get their way). Happy for you! Celebration time!!!

ramanbhatti

Mar 16, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-11-2018
AOR Received.
1-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Passport Req..
05-07-2019

EduardoGomes

Mar 28, 2019
All GCMS notes have it. If an applicant is associated, only then it will have details. If not, then it will be blank.
@legalfalcon Thanks.. I still find it weird, I have nothing to hide. Is there a way to understand this better? Like what do they think I am associated with? Could it be related to some employer I worked? Countries I visited?

Thanks for all your help.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018

VISA Office - Ottawa
Medicals - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - Not started

When they say "Eligibility - Under Review" - they are verifiying all the submissions that you have made -- education, pof, work ex, etc. There is no defined timeline for this. Generally, a program assistant, case analyst, and VO will look at your case. The opinion of the case analyst is most important. My suggestion - sit tight and keep asking for GCMS notes as time goes by. For most Indians, it is taking 6-8 months.

Reactions: phillcent

USProgrammer

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2018
Texas, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Passport Req..
25-03-2019
LANDED..........
24-08-2019
For anyone who cares, my CoPR should be delivered FedEx Ground next Wednesday, April 17, 2019. The last scan was departing Woodbridge, Ontario heading to Texas. I specified "direct signature required" on my return label, so I'll be staring out the window all morning, probably.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi @phillcent! @daveishan and @USProgrammer have already shared their thoughts, and I agree - by "under review" they likely mean that your eligibility is now being processed and that your materials are now being reviewed. Good luck!

VISA Office - Ottawa
Medicals - Passed
Criminality - Passed
Security - Not started

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi @g90, wow, that was a lot of information, and I don't think I have been able to process it fully, but here's what I can say:
1. It's good that you provided statements for your FD accounts - erring on the side of providing statement is always a good strategy.
2. If the average monthly balance of all of your FDs combined is above the required minimum funds for each of the past six months, then you should be fine.
3. It is strange that your bank refused to list all of the accounts you hold with them - this is actually an IRCC requirement.
4. It is also strange that your bank wouldn't cooperate with you in adding a line that you do not hold any loan or credit accounts with them, which is also an IRCC requirement.
5. Did you explain #3 and #4 - especially #4 - in your LOE?

I would advise you to not panic right now unless you have received an ADR, which doesn't seem to be the case. I would instead recommend being forearmed if you can - I would try to connect with a superior authority above your branch level and request a letter that fulfils all of the requirements. Maybe call the call center and explain your situation? Maybe find a senior manager at your bank via LinkedIn, etc.

@derkdsou
Continuing the discussion from Nov thread......

For PoF, I submitted a bank letter from SBI. But you know very well that government banks refuse to do you any favour, so the manager flatly refused to issue a letter as per the requirement of IRCC. Finally, after requesting a lot, I could only managed to get the following which I have submitted to IRCC:

1. Bank letter showing details of my three FD accounts plus consolidated balance of these three FDs. But this letter doesn’t contain any mention of my savings or PPF accounts.

2. The scans of FD leaves.

3. I got statements of my FD accounts (not savings account) to show the date of opening, average balance etc. and submitted it also. But I think average balance isn’t required in case of FDs.

4. Because my FDs were renewed in August 2018 (four months before AoR),the new FD leaves contained only value date, not opening date. So I got statements of FDs to show the same.

5. Since I am having these FDs in my name since Jan 2017 (for about two years before AoR), I think I wasn’t required to show source or anything like that. Also, the amount is way more than required, it’s above 30000 CAD for a family of 2.

6. Also, SBI refused to write anything about liabilities or loans (though I don’t have any), but the statements of my FD accounts says “Uncleared Balance” and “MOD” as NIL. And shows “Cleared balance” also.

Sorry for writing a lot, but this PoF thing is haunting me since long. So I decided to discuss in detail.

TIA