+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2018 AOR - join here

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
I applied for a Canadian visitors visa in 2017 but I was refused. I however see they did a Background check, do you think they're going to do it all over again when they did it in 2017. Any opinions?
Yeah they will do.my husband's visitor visa was refused in 2016 and in 2018 we both applied and got it. PR process is intensive. ( I m no expert .just common sense ) good luck

Reactions: Banna

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Call center agents only have access to the headline details of the progress on your application - they have told me over calls that they do not have access to the full notes, meaning GCMS notes. For example, they might not be able to look up why your eligibility is "review required" - but you already seem to know why.
Are you sure the call centre agents do not have access to the the client file information unless a GCMS note has been previously requested? I'd imagine that they have access to the information systems to pull the client information.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
A person holding a Canadian PR can live and work freely anywhere in Canada, so while you can't state that your intention is to move to Quebec at any point during the application, once you have your PR status you can, indeed, move to Quebec. If you'd like to live and work in Quebec, I recommend landing somewhere else and requesting your PR card to be mailed to another province, to play it safe. Ouebec, as you know, has its own separate immigration program and does not use EE to select immigrants.
hey guys is it possible for a FSW-Outland applicant to settle in Quebec?

Reactions: abcjose1 and ozaN

Xplorezee.

Nov 25, 2018
Good morning guys. I don't seem to understand what's happening. Put a call through to an IRCC agent last week Friday and he told me the following
MEP---- PASSED
ELIGIBILITY PASSED
SECURITY. PASSED
CRIMINALITY. PASSED.
AND that our application is being processed at the Ottawa V.O and is awaiting final decision or approval that we might get a mail soon but he can't really say because our six month processing time has not elapse and might come later.

Then I raised a CSE just to confirm and the response I got from the CSE written by one agent Mathew is that the officer in charge is still checking whether we meet the eligibility criteria.

Please can someone advice me accordingly.

Reactions: mumbaikar88

RR9187

Dec 3, 2018
Good morning guys. I don't seem to understand what's happening. Put a call through to an IRCC agent last week Friday and he told me the following
MEP---- PASSED
ELIGIBILITY PASSED
SECURITY. PASSED
CRIMINALITY. PASSED.
AND that our application is being processed at the Ottawa V.O and is awaiting final decision or approval that we might get a mail soon but he can't really say because our six month processing time has not elapse and might come later.

Then I raised a CSE just to confirm and the response I got from the CSE written by one agent Mathew is that the officer in charge is still checking whether we meet the eligibility criteria.

I am really not sure which information is legit, I have faced discrepancies in the status provided on call and on mail via CSE (mail I got was vague and inconsistent). I believe GCM is the only most reliable source of information. I think you should call again, there is no harm in trying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xplorezee.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
MEP---- PASSED
ELIGIBILITY PASSED
SECURITY. PASSED
CRIMINALITY. PASSED.

Perhaps it has moved to a local VO for issuance of PPR where eligibility status changes to not started or in progress.

vince23

Sep 22, 2017
AOR Received.
13-12-2018
Finally a change in my application after what feels like forever.
FSW-O
AOR: 13 Dec
MEP: 26 Jan

Status changed from the typical "IP1" to "IP2": "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Hopefully things start picking up now.

S _Kumar2005

Mar 1, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Done....
30-01-2019