Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-01-2018
So I see my ecas showing notice for test however no email sent so far. I have called the cic call center and the agent said it is OK to show up without the notice and just explain. Did such thing happen to anyone else?
Yes during my test I saw few people who didnt receive the letter but they knew they had got the invite.

They validated those people with their ID cards and then they were allowed to write the test.

If you want you can take a print out of your ECAS page.

Also did the call centre people tell you the location for your test ?

Reactions: sam001

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Yes during my test I saw few people who didnt receive the letter but they knew they had got the invite.

They validated those people with their ID cards and then they were allowed to write the test.

If you want you can take a print out of your ECAS page.

Also did the call centre people tell you the location for your test ?
Hi
Thanks for replying. Yes, the agent told me the location and suggested me to just take the other required documents. I guess that makes sense, I will take a printout of the ECAS page as well.
Cheers

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
My wife had her oath ceremony in Mississauga today. ~100 people. Went smoothly and celebrated afterwards with a nice dinner in Port Credit.

Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting!

shuggzz

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 July 2014
AOR Received.
Never received it
IELTS Request
CELPIP Sent with app
Med's Request
March 11 2015
Med's Done....
March 20 2015
Passport Req..
May 23 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 2 2015
Hi Guys,

I just got my request by email to do the citizenship on Nov 26 2018 in Scarborough. I have a few questions for all the others who have done this in the past. Can you guys help?

1. What do they mean by Original Documents that support your citizenship application? (For me would that be my passport, drivers license and Bachelors Degree)
2. What is the entire process like from the time you arrive for the test?
3. What happens after the test is complete?
4. Do they tell you to come for the oath/citizenship ceremony right away or you have to wait till they email you again?
5. What other things should i take for the test?

Thank you Guys!

manindersinghgill

Sep 6, 2013
Hi Guys,

I just got my request by email to do the citizenship on Nov 26 2018 in Scarborough. I have a few questions for all the others who have done this in the past. Can you guys help?

1. What do they mean by Original Documents that support your citizenship application? (For me would that be my passport, drivers license and Bachelors Degree)
2. What is the entire process like from the time you arrive for the test?
3. What happens after the test is complete?
4. Do they tell you to come for the oath/citizenship ceremony right away or you have to wait till they email you again?
5. What other things should i take for the test?

Thank you Guys!
1. What do they mean by Original Documents that support your citizenship application? (For me would that be my passport, drivers license and Bachelors Degree): Whatever photocopies you submitted with the application, they need to see the originals for those.
2. What is the entire process like from the time you arrive for the test? For me, from my arrival, it was about 10 minutes wait for the test, instructions were provided for the test outside the testing room and once again inside the testing room before they began testing.
3. What happens after the test is complete?After test is complete, you come out of the testing area with a card ( For us, they had 4 different colored cards with numbers on them), wait for your interview turn and walk upto the officer when your number/card is called.
4. Do they tell you to come for the oath/citizenship ceremony right away or you have to wait till they email you again? They dont tell anything right away. Might differ person to person but not for me. They said they will let me know if they need anything else from me or will send an oath invite soon. When I asked how soon, they said within 1 to 3 months. My test was on October 3, changed to decision made on october 23 and I got oath invite this morning.
5. What other things should i take for the test? Nothing else is needed apart from whatever they ask

ravin

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
06-09-2013
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
I do not have my original IELTS because this was retained by Visa office during my FSW PR processing back in 2014. My test is on Nov 9. can someone let me know if photocopy is acceptable ?

gudluckcanada

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-01-2018
I do not have my original IELTS because this was retained by Visa office during my FSW PR processing back in 2014. My test is on Nov 9. can someone let me know if photocopy is acceptable ?
Yes a photocopy is enough. even if it is expired, that is also enough. They don't need originals.

SKGN

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,

Finally after a long wait. we received our test invite yesterday. Scheduled on Nov 22nd. Please update the tracker.

ravin

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2013
AOR Received.
06-09-2013
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Passport Req..
04-12-2013

sad22

Apr 20, 2014
Hi everyone,
Attended the oath ceremony at Mc Micheal Canadian Art Collection in Vaughan on Monday 5 Nov . Some 50 new canadians from 28 different countries took their oath of citizenship.
I would like seize this opportunity to express my gratitude to members of the forum and the admins for the remarkable contibution in making it happen. My journey with the forum started with my permanent resident appication 3 years ago and renewed it again with the citizenship application. The experience has been nothing but enriching by bringing answers to our querries and recomfort when nothing was coming up from CIC.

Best of luck to those still waiting!

Thank you

Reactions: cheerup

SLEO

Jan 15, 2010
Niagara Falls, Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update that Oath ceremony is done today at HMCS York Naval Base.

Overall it was an excellent experience.

Thanks for all the support from experts.