+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

Montreal5

Mar 9, 2018
hello all can anyone tell me what original documents they take on the interview(after taking the test) besides all original passports, proof of education, 2 identification... do you bring proof of how many days you've been to Canada? thank you.
bring whatever you used to track your travels and try to match them with the passport stamps. they go by entry dates as they don't have access to when you left the country. if there are absences that you forgot to include in your calculator you should be prepared to explain your whereabouts and how many days you were out of the country. they will fill out a report with detailed information of the unreported absences and make you sign the document as a consent that the missing days will be deducted from your physical presence calculation.

jakejakejake

Feb 2, 2018
Wow thanks for the detailed info. May I ask what did they ask about your travel history?

I was outside of Canada in the first 2 years of my 5 year eligibility period due to studies but had 2 vacations in Japan and US. I also did internship in US for a year. Just curious what would they possibly ask...
I think it was a standard type question - as the officer reviewed my history they picked one trip and asked me about it, and asked about the border crossing I used, and asked me why I didn't have a stamp in my passport (I used my NEXUS card). They went through all of my visas and verified the dates of my trips. The passport review was thorough but my information was accurate so I didn't have a problem - there was just a lot to review and some of my travel didn't have stamps.

Also - if an admin wouldn't mind updating the sheet - I got Decision Made this morning. Thanks!

Mar 5, 2018
Hi All,

On Sep 7th I did the test and interview and immediately my status was changed to Decision Made. However, I still have not received any correspondence for the Oath. I need to travel to the US in December and my PR just expired. Is there anyway I can notify CIC to expedite my citizenship application?

dmn1363

Star Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hi All,

On Sep 7th I did the test and interview and immediately my status was changed to Decision Made. However, I still have not received any correspondence for the Oath. I need to travel to the US in December and my PR just expired. Is there anyway I can notify CIC to expedite my citizenship application?
I would suggest emailing to the test center you did your test and interview (by replying to test invitation). They can accommodate that. You can also use webform to notify the IRCC (yet I guess they send your inquiry to the test center).

saph498

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
A Nice Halloween treat for us. Today my husband received the email invitation to take the Canadian Citizenship Test. It's scheduled for November 14, 2018. Please update the spreadsheet accordingly - thank you. :)
Congratulations :). When did u get IP?

Montrealappl

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Burlington, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
2146 & 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Jul-2013
AOR Received.
26-Aug-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
22-02-2014
Passport Req..
05-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2014
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Hi Guys,,,,,
Just got my Oath ceremony invite... its on 23rd Nov in Mississauga

Thanks to everyone who directly and indirectly helped me prepare and track the progress of this 12 month journey,
Good luck everyone... hang in there,,,

ray1022

Oct 12, 2017
Hi Guys,,,,,
Just got my Oath ceremony invite... its on 23rd Nov in Mississauga

Thanks to everyone who directly and indirectly helped me prepare and track the progress of this 12 month journey,
Good luck everyone... hang in there,,,
Can you tell me what email address did you get the invite from? When did you give your test and status changed to DM. Sorry for a lot of questions :)

Major-off

Jul 26, 2018
Hi all,
just a quick update... Last Thursday Nov1,2018 my wife and I attended for citizen test, both pass with the score 18/20.
The officer just asked us regarding our jobs what we doing, he didn't ask to show him our passports or lending papers (but we were prepared) .

On next day Fri Nov2,2018 checked ECAS and found that our status changed from In Process to Decisions Made!!!

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
So I see my ecas showing notice for test however no email sent so far. I have called the cic call center and the agent said it is OK to show up without the notice and just explain. Did such thing happen to anyone else?