+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2017 - Citizenship Applicants

SLEO

Jan 15, 2010
Niagara Falls, Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Citizenship test for myself and for my wife is done @ Scarborough location this morning. Outcome was 20/20 for both.

Interview was nothing just chit chat but the important part was as my wife travelled extensively in last 4 years.. almost 250 days in total. Interviewer asked for Police Certificate, luckily I had that with me and that expedite the process...

During conversation I requested for urgent processing for oath ceremony coz my wife needs to travel to England for her exam and our PR cards are already expired.. she understood the situation and put URGENT on my file... around 4 PM I got a call from same lady asking if I am okay for oath on November 08th 2018 on downtown Toronto location. I said I am pretty okay with that and after 2 hours I got email notification for Oath Ceremony.

Pretty quick and straight forward.

Good look to all waiting for Test and Oath invitation.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Citizenship test for myself and for my wife is done @ Scarborough location this morning. Outcome was 20/20 for both.

Interview was nothing just chit chat but the important part was as my wife travelled extensively in last 4 years.. almost 250 days in total. Interviewer asked for Police Certificate, luckily I had that with me and that expedite the process...

During conversation I requested for urgent processing for oath ceremony coz my wife needs to travel to England for her exam and our PR cards are already expired.. she understood the situation and put URGENT on my file... around 4 PM I got a call from same lady asking if I am okay for oath on November 08th 2018 on downtown Toronto location. I said I am pretty okay with that and after 2 hours I got email notification for Oath Ceremony.

congrats, updated

gudluckcanada

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-01-2018
completed my test today. 18/20. waiting for the oath invitation.

Mississaugabuddy

Mar 30, 2017
Hi Members,

My spouse had test on November 1, 2018 at Scarborough and she passed the test 19/20 and got the decision made today. The applicant is from Mississauga. Application received Dec 6, 2017 and in process Feb 7, 2018. Expected to have oath soon.

Thanks,

mannj

Dec 21, 2015
I have received Test invitation for Nov 05.
Please advise what kind of questions they ask and how to prepare?

Thanks!

jakejakejake

Feb 2, 2018
I also tested at Scarborough yesterday. I thought the process was well run, for those that are curious:

When you arrive you present your invitation letter to a security guard (the man yesterday was quite nice), and you are asked to fill out Prohibitions form where you acknowledge that none of the situations described on the form apply to you. Most of these questions are related to criminal activity since you applied for citizenship.

The process starts right on time, so it's fine to arrive 15-20 minutes before your scheduled time - no need to arrive earlier.

At the scheduled time (ours was 11:50), the people that do not have to take the test because of their age are led into the interview room. The people that are there for the test are led into the testing room. The immigration officials advise that the process will take 30 minutes for those that do not need to be tested, and those that do should expect to be there for 2 hours.

The testing officials specifically tell you at the beginning of the test that you are not to disclose the questions on the test. They ask you to fill out the testing form in a few specific ways, and then test booklets are handed out. You have 30 minutes to complete the test.

Once you complete the test, you hand your booklet and form to the testing official, then go into the interview room. The interview room is a common room with approx 30 chairs and 5 desks with interview officials. The interviews are conducted in this room.

For my interview, the immigration officer asked me about some of my travel history (I have an extensive history), reviewed my passports, and discussed my job a bit with me. She did get specific and asked a few questions about a particular trip, and I went into some detail about the trip and what I do for work. The interview took about 6 minutes. Once it was over, she advised me that I had passed my test and scored 20/20, said she had no further concerns, and advised I would be hearing from them via email "in a few months". I thanked the official and then left the interview room and the building.

That was it - the whole process took me about 30 minutes from start to finish, but I was one of the first people to complete the test. They appeared to call people for the interviews in the order in which they completed the test.

To prepare, I simply studied the printed version of Discover Canada and took the Richmond Public Library tests (yourlibrary.ca/citizenshipcounts.ca). One thing I found useful was to load the Discover Canada MP3 audiobook and listen to it on my phone. I listened to it 2-3 times and I was set. If you can do a 100 question set on the RPL sites and get 100% you can feel confident about the real test.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: PHCA

adddkd

Jun 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th July 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
My status got changed to Decision Made today.
Dear Admin, please update. Thank you.
A quick question, the status is still showing as "In Process" for my 9 year old son. Is this correct and expected?

ricky.kaushal

Jul 8, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014, Spouse added March 8, 2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF and PCC - Aug 12, 2014 Wife's Doc - April 22.2015
Nomination.....
19-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
In process & DM July 30th, 2015
Med's Request
01-05-2014 Wife's June 10, 2015
Med's Done....
03-05-2014 Wife's June 11, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2015
I got Oath invite this morning for November 27 :) please update :)

gudluckcanada

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11-12-2017
AOR Received.
02-01-2018
hi folks, my status has changed to Decision Made today. Was way quicker than I had expected :)

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Finally got test invitation for 22nd of this month. December 29 applicant from London

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
I also tested at Scarborough yesterday. I thought the process was well run, for those that are curious:

When you arrive you present your invitation letter to a security guard (the man yesterday was quite nice), and you are asked to fill out Prohibitions form where you acknowledge that none of the situations described on the form apply to you. Most of these questions are related to criminal activity since you applied for citizenship.

The process starts right on time, so it's fine to arrive 15-20 minutes before your scheduled time - no need to arrive earlier.

At the scheduled time (ours was 11:50), the people that do not have to take the test because of their age are led into the interview room. The people that are there for the test are led into the testing room. The immigration officials advise that the process will take 30 minutes for those that do not need to be tested, and those that do should expect to be there for 2 hours.

The testing officials specifically tell you at the beginning of the test that you are not to disclose the questions on the test. They ask you to fill out the testing form in a few specific ways, and then test booklets are handed out. You have 30 minutes to complete the test.

Once you complete the test, you hand your booklet and form to the testing official, then go into the interview room. The interview room is a common room with approx 30 chairs and 5 desks with interview officials. The interviews are conducted in this room.

For my interview, the immigration officer asked me about some of my travel history (I have an extensive history), reviewed my passports, and discussed my job a bit with me. She did get specific and asked a few questions about a particular trip, and I went into some detail about the trip and what I do for work. The interview took about 6 minutes. Once it was over, she advised me that I had passed my test and scored 20/20, said she had no further concerns, and advised I would be hearing from them via email "in a few months". I thanked the official and then left the interview room and the building.

That was it - the whole process took me about 30 minutes from start to finish, but I was one of the first people to complete the test. They appeared to call people for the interviews in the order in which they completed the test.

To prepare, I simply studied the printed version of Discover Canada and took the Richmond Public Library tests (yourlibrary.ca/citizenshipcounts.ca). One thing I found useful was to load the Discover Canada MP3 audiobook and listen to it on my phone. I listened to it 2-3 times and I was set. If you can do a 100 question set on the RPL sites and get 100% you can feel confident about the real test.

Good luck to everyone!
Wow thanks for the detailed info. May I ask what did they ask about your travel history?

I was outside of Canada in the first 2 years of my 5 year eligibility period due to studies but had 2 vacations in Japan and US. I also did internship in US for a year. Just curious what would they possibly ask...

ray1022

Oct 12, 2017
Test completed 19/20 in Scarborough. Interview went well.
Officer said he will be in touch if he has any questions , not sure if that was formal or a casual comment and told me to estimate oath after 2 months.

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
All set and done as of 11 am PST - Oath taken and Official Citizen

A BIG Thank you to all of the people who offered help, guidance and patience on this board. I'll still monitor the board and help however I can. From mailing to oath it took 324 days.

Go Team Canada!!!!!

Cheers, VFX

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Nice - I should've requested fro that as well. Not in super rush but test/DM was about a month ago and still waiting for oath invite