Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
Try to talk with the local MP and try to look very frustrated and needy for passport for traveling abroad. MP may calls makes difference

SANAGhada

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Any update dearest friends
Montreal office
I am December applicant 2017
Test and interview November 2018
4 and half is over since the test date
My ecas still reads IP in process
Last month I called IRCC he told me he will make note for officer . Nothing changed
I am really frustrated and worry any one advice for me
Thank you

CJ_an

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06 Oct 09
IELTS Request
16 Dec 09
Med's Request
28 Feb 12
Med's Done....
19 May 12
Passport Req..
19 Sep 12
I am in same boat but in Toronto applied in dec 2017 test in Nov and d.m on ecas in Nov but after that nothing .called ircc thay told everything complete in file waiting for oath invitation
I am in the same situation as well☹ My papers are in Scarborough office.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Montreal office
Last month I called IRCC he told me he will make note for officer . Nothing changed
Thank you
Montreal office is extremely slow. Oct 2017 applicant here, no test invite yet

Reactions: SANAGhada

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Hi guys, I will take the oath on next Tuesday in CIC Surrey office. Did anybody get there before? Just not sure how easy to find a parking lot. Thanks.
Hi, congratulations :)
at the oath ceremony they ask us to bring lots of documents. can you please help explain some of the process that occurs on oath day? do they take back our pr card and landing paper? why do they ask us to bring all our current and expired passports again? what do they do with the passports?thanks

Lovely sweety

Feb 13, 2019
Montreal office
Thank you
No nothing new .

Lovely sweety

Feb 13, 2019
Try to talk with the local MP and try to look very frustrated and needy for passport for traveling abroad. MP may calls makes difference
I went ,2months back ,to mp office ,as I am in brampton , but m.p was not available so I filled a form after wards they told me after 3 weeks that my son who is 16, they are doing background checks for him .after that no news as I am principal applicant my status on ecas is dm.now 10 days before I called ircc they as usual told me everything is complete in my and my kids file .waiting for oath but nothing afterwards .should I meet mp personally or anybody at mp office can do the job.and how can I meet him as he is not always present in office .do I have to take appointment or just walkin.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Montreal office
Thank you
My guess is, once your processing time passes the one-year mark, you are no longer in the pool of people who are processed 'within 1 year or less', and in order for IRCC to keep reporting they can finish 80% of cases within that time frame, they need to focus their resources on people who haven't reach that 12-month mark yet. For us who have waited for more than a year, we no longer matter to them, since no matter when they finish our cases, we will always be in the 20% that will take more than a year while they can still boast their great work of finishing 80% of applications within 12 months

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
My guess is, once your processing time passes the one-year mark, you are no longer in the pool of people who are processed 'within 1 year or less', and in order for IRCC to keep reporting they can finish 80% of cases within that time frame, they need to focus their resources on people who haven't reach that 12-month mark yet. For us who have waited for more than a year, we no longer matter to them, since no matter when they finish our cases, we will always be in the 20% that will take more than a year while they can still boast their great work of finishing 80% of applications within 12 months
I completely agree with you.

militellovincenzo

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2013
Nomination.....
06-03-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
09-04-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-01-2015
LANDED..........
30-01-2015
Seems like Surrey office is really behind.

1. Application for Canadian citizenship received on December 22, 2017.
  2. Acknowledge on February 20, 2018.
  3. Started processing on April 4, 2018.
  4. Invite to exam sent on May 9, 2018
  5. The exam was taken on June 21, 2018
  6. Decision made August (or September...I honestly can not remember anymore) 2018
As of today, I am still waiting for the oath.....

I called (for the third time) a couple of days ago, and I was told: "If you don't get an invitation from us in a couple of months, call us back." They also said "The waiting should be almost done at this point" (yeah, sure...like I still believe you at this point).
I then asked "Ok. Just to better understand: if I will call you in a couple of months, what will happen at that point? Will I be able to have an appointment face-to-face with an officer, perhaps in Surrey?"
The answer was: "If you don't hear from us, call us back in two months".
At that point, I gave up. There is no reason to waste my time talking with a wall.
The only thing that really bothers me, is that all the people I know who applied in Vancouver, they are all Citizenship already. Most of them wrapped the process up in 8 months!

By the end of the next month, I will be eligible to renew my PR card. I think I will throw away this 50 bucks, just to be sure that I will not end up with no official documents to travel out of the country if I need to.

Funny thing: two days after my partner and I had the exam, our baby was born. At least among the three of us, one made it and is Canadian already! :)

CJ_an

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06 Oct 09
IELTS Request
16 Dec 09
Med's Request
28 Feb 12
Med's Done....
19 May 12
Passport Req..
19 Sep 12
My ecas showing DM, Took 4 months after test. So im guessing another 4 mos for the oath☹

CJ_an

Star Member
May 25, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06 Oct 09
IELTS Request
16 Dec 09
Med's Request
28 Feb 12
Med's Done....
19 May 12
Passport Req..
19 Sep 12
Where is your location office
Toronto, ecas now updated with oath schedule but no location.Still awaiting for invitation in the mail.
Almost near the finish line