+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

andykumar

Dec 31, 2016
buddy2000 said:
Hi I have sent my application on nov 27 2016 and it was delivered on 1st december 2016. I have not recvd any acknowledgement yet. Should i wait? how long and if i want to contact them how can i track my application as i have no tracking for application. i have tracking for canada post only.
On your PR card there is an 8-digit number called ID separated by a hyphen. That is your UCI. Use it on ECAS and see if there is a status update.

Happy2017

Dec 25, 2016
Hi Guys, Do you know how we will get the Test Invitation letter? is it via email or by mail ? Kindly advise. Thanks!

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Happy2017 said:
Hi Guys, Do you know how we will get the Test Invitation letter? is it via email or by mail ? Kindly advise. Thanks!
You will/should receive a letter via mail and you need to take this letter with you for the test.

Also your eCas should be updated to show that the test invitation letter was sent to you.

shinzy

Jan 4, 2017
research-scientist said:
I just filled out the missing parts that were highlighted, checked mark yes, I would like to submit my application and mailed out the same application the next day.
Hi Research Scientist,

I would like to know what happened? I forgot to put the sign on my physical presence calculator (Stupid Me - don't know how I missed that). Should I just fill in the missing parts and just send it?

@CanadianMe do you suggest redoing the whole thing? they have stamped a few pages, stapled and all that so I was wondering should I just leave it as it is and just complete it and send.

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
Hello Friends, I just received my AOR! :p

Here is my timeline.

App sent: Dec 14th, 2016
App received by CIC: DeC 16th, 2016
AOR received: Jan 16th, 2017

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Filled out the missing info and resent the same forms next day.
shinzy said:
Hi Research Scientist,

I would like to know what happened? I forgot to put the sign on my physical presence calculator (Stupid Me - don't know how I missed that). Should I just fill in the missing parts and just send it?

@CanadianMe do you suggest redoing the whole thing? they have stamped a few pages, stapled and all that so I was wondering should I just leave it as it is and just complete it and send.

shadyn

Jan 11, 2017
Ho do I get access to this document? It's read only for me. I've sent my application in December and I've just received acknowledgement letter.
Thanks

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
What I did is sending new application.... I didn't want any more problems so I did a new everything even new pictures!!!! new forms new residence calculator SIGNED EVERYTHING...... I got AOR after 29 days.

best of luck
shinzy said:
Hi Research Scientist,

dhavlena

Oct 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello: My brother's application was just returned from Sydney - reason:
"Your photographs have not been stamped and dated by the photographer".
NOWHERE in CIC's "Citizenship Application Photograph Specifications"
does it make any mention about having to be "stamped"!
From their "Requirements":
"Provide the name of the photographer or the studio the studio address and the
date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
Print the name of the person on the back of the photos"
We contacted the photographer (Walgreen Drug Store's passport photo department)
& were told they only had a large stamp that would not fit on the small photo's back.
Does anyone know how my brother should proceed? THANKS MUCH!
Can anyone point us to where it specifies "must be stamped"?

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The studio should've provided the info you mentioned in the requirements on the back of photos not your brother. Either take those photos with your receipt to the studio and have them stamp it or take new photo and have it stamped on the back and resend your application. I understand your frustration, my application was returned too but whining here won't give you citizenship we have to dance with their song, right or wrong.
dhavlena said:
Hello: My brother's application was just returned from Sydney - reason:
"Your photographs have not been stamped and dated by the photographer".
NOWHERE in CIC's "Citizenship Application Photograph Specifications"
does it make any mention about having to be "stamped"!
From their "Requirements":
"Provide the name of the photographer or the studio the studio address and the
date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
Print the name of the person on the back of the photos"
We contacted the photographer (Walgreen Drug Store's passport photo department)
& were told they only had a large stamp that would not fit on the small photo's back.
Does anyone know how my brother should proceed? THANKS MUCH!
Can anyone point us to where it specifies "must be stamped"?

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
son of a bitch! i didn't get the photos stamped on the back either, but that's such a silly reason to return your application.

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
research-scientist said:
The studio should've provided the info you mentioned in the requirements on the back of photos not your brother. Either take those photos with your receipt to the studio and have them stamp it or take new photo and have it stamped on the back and resend your application. I understand your frustration, my application was returned too but whining here won't give you citizenship we have to dance with their song, right or wrong.
We'll see if my application gets returned. Only one of my photos were stamped. I put my name on both and copied the studio info on the other by hand (I even put them in the Costco-provided envelope, so hopefully the IRCC officer connects the dots and instead of seeing my application again I get my AOR.

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got movement.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2016.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 10, 2017.
We started processing your application on January 17, 2017.

Can someone allow me to edit the XLS file? It's says it is 'view' only.

dhavlena

Oct 25, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks very much! I applied too but my app was not returned, even though my photo situation was the same as my brothers. Go figure! Isn't suspense wondergul!!? Not.