+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Adnan34

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship application was returned stating that the language evidence provided "is not on the list of acceptable evidence".

Could any one help me for citizenship application page 5 of 8 for Language evidence item 7 (there are four options). My wife has completed LINC level 6 language program and receive certificate on March 28, 2013.
We selected option No. 3 (Evidence of achieving CLB/NCLC 4 in a govt funded language training program) and in page 8 of 8 also sign the consent for access of LINC results.

Adnan34

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is LINC certificate level 6 acceptable evidence as proof of citizenship language requirement? or we have not selected right option in page 5 of 8.

Adnan34

Star Member
Apr 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just continuation of my earlier post; My spouse also have Graduation BA with English as compulsory subject from Punjab University but we have not submitted this certificate rather sent LINC certificate. Do any one knows that BA certificate also suffice the language requirement in case LINC is not on the list of acceptable evidence?
Thanks in advance!

andykumar

Dec 31, 2016
Adnan34 said:
Just continuation of my earlier post; My spouse also have Graduation BA with English as compulsory subject from Punjab University but we have not submitted this certificate rather sent LINC certificate. Do any one knows that BA certificate also suffice the language requirement in case LINC is not on the list of acceptable evidence?
Thanks in advance!
No. LINC is not an allowed certificate.

shinzy

Jan 4, 2017
I sent the application just before the holidays on 20th. It reached there on 27th. Waiting for their confirmation as of now.
Waiting for the AOR.
Just a quick question, They usually take a week to send in the AOR isn't it?

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shinzy said:
I sent the application just before the holidays on 20th. It reached there on 27th. Waiting for their confirmation as of now.
Waiting for the AOR.
Just a quick question, They usually take a week to send in the AOR isn't it?
Up to 4 weeks as per our SS

alzubaidy

Aug 15, 2012
skekk said:
Up to 4 weeks as per our SS
may i ask you what the AOR means ? and is it mean that your application is completed and will never return back to you after AOR ? or there is chance to be returned after receiving the AOR

lsy

Dec 6, 2016
Just received my AOR last night via email.

Send application : 18 Dec
Received: 21 Dec
AOR: 5 Jan 2017
Toronto.
Days : 1619

KITUPAK

Jan 6, 2017
Hi Everyone

Like to share my time line...

Application Send.....06 Dec 2016
Application Received...09 Dec 2016
AOR Received.......06 Jan 2017

Hope for best...

obitar

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After received AOR means all the documents is perfect right?
Application will not return right?
Your view guys thanks
Hoping will receive it soon ;)
Application received 22 dec 2016

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Adnan34 said:
Thanks in advance!
If you are showing a foreign credential for proof of language, then the medium of instruction should be English. Having just one course in English isn't sufficient. If her medium of Instruction was in English, then you can show that as proof of language.

You must have successfully finished a secondary or post-secondary program in English or French. A single course done in English or French does not meet the requirement. If the original document is in a language other than English or French then you must also include a letter from the academic institution indicating that the language of instruction was in English or French along with an official translation of the original document.
Other documents that you can use are -

1) LINC/CLIC certificate
2) Any language test you had taken earlier for the purpose of Permanent Residency (even if the test results have expired) OR a new language test (IELTS/CELPIP/TEF).

Detailed instructions below -->

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4

nowend

Mar 30, 2016
obitar said:
After received AOR means all the documents is perfect right?
Application will not return right?
Yes.
I googled the same question and found the following:

AOR stands for Acknowledgment Of Receipt.

When CIC receives your application at the office in Sydney, NS a VO will check it for missing documents and signatures. Once your application is found to be eligible the AOR will be send to you via email ( if you have provided CIC with a valid email address in your application ) or mail. The AOR will also include your file number.

If you need to submit additional supporting documents you have to wait for the AOR and then follow
the instructions on how to contact CPC-Ottawa outlined in this post.

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would like to add my timeline to the spread sheet as well. please tell me how do i do that ?