+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

waitingwaiting

Aug 28, 2015
Hey Guys,

Just a question...

When does the time start to be counted being an Immigrant for the purpose of Citizenship ?
Does it start from the day we complete our Landing ? Or from the day we get our PR Card ?
I got my PR as an Inland applicant btw.

Thanks

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the date you started physically living in Canada after landing.
waitingwaiting said:
Hey Guys,

Just a question...

When does the time start to be counted being an Immigrant for the purpose of Citizenship ?
Does it start from the day we complete our Landing ? Or from the day we get our PR Card ?
I got my PR as an Inland applicant btw.

Thanks

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NewHome_Alberta said:
Hi,
I got the AOR today for me and my family. Imran01 please update the spreadsheet.
App received on Dec 1,16

Thanks
this is unprotected sheet.. u can update here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=1866346703

Happy2017

Dec 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

I just joined this forum and I just applied to Citizenship with my family December 20th, 2016. How can share with you my experience and you share with me your experience and updates on processing ?

NewHome_Alberta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imran01 said:
this is unprotected sheet.. u can update here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=1866346703
Thanks. I have updated the spreadsheet.

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have our group's first test invite in the SS!!!!
That's a milestone!

Karibou73

Sep 6, 2016
Hi! I 've sent my application December 2nd, but still haven't received any confirmation that my application was received, or any email whatsoever from them. Should I be worried or it's normal?

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karibou73 said:
Hi! I 've sent my application December 2nd, but still haven't received any confirmation that my application was received, or any email whatsoever from them. Should I be worried or it's normal?
Add an average of 4 weeks to the date it has been received by them. And also had days off for Christmas! I think you'll get it soon!

Karibou73

Sep 6, 2016
skekk said:
Add an average of 4 weeks to the date it has been received by them. And also had days off for Christmas! I think you'll get it soon!
Thanks! i was just wondering if it was normal to have no news after almost one month :p

tmota

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Montreal - Quebec
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skekk said:
We have our group's first test invite in the SS!!!!
That's a milestone!
It's amazing how fast the process is for people from Surrey - at least judging from the info on the spreadsheet. Even accounting for the population, it's still pretty fast.

andykumar

Dec 31, 2016
Hello all,

New here and just updating on the status of my wife's application which is still sitting at Application Received.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2016.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 28, 2016.

I was reading up on the most recent months' timelines and surprised at how fast it is going. The CIC site lists 12 months and I told my wife to be patient and it could take a while before anything happens, but now looks like if all is good, she'll become a Canadian Citizen in about 2-3 months.

NGE

Feb 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2012
andykumar said:
Hello all,

New here and just updating on the status of my wife's application which is still sitting at Application Received.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2016.

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 28, 2016.

I was reading up on the most recent months' timelines and surprised at how fast it is going. The CIC site lists 12 months and I told my wife to be patient and it could take a while before anything happens, but now looks like if all is good, she'll become a Canadian Citizen in about 2-3 months.
Yes, You can expect very soon. Just wondering where do you live? Ontario or BC ?