+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

Happy2017

Dec 25, 2016
Hi Guys,

I did the exam and passed it and met the officer on March 6th and up to this moment no updates on the online access per below???

Does anyone advise me if he/she got any updates online ?

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 22, 2016.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 11, 2017.
3.We started processing your application on January 21, 2017.

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news is that I presented the test today and got 20/20.

Unfortunately, when I was gathering my papers over the weekend I realized I didn't have my passport with me. Rocket scientist me didn't remember I would need it for the citizenship test when I happily handed it over to the US embassy for my visa renewal a week earlier. To top it off, I have tons of travel, so the agent said she would absolutely need that passport. She was very understanding and professional, and asked me to send copies when I get the passport back, which should be some 10 days from now. She could have given me the full RQ (she had lots of different forms) but this one is very specific. Not sure if I could get an RQ later on, but this where I am today.

Good luck to all.

NewHome_Alberta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All-

My journey for citizenship finally is done. Today I took my oath :p :p :p :p ( I have updated the spreadsheet).

I got my oath letter on Feb 27th and took oath today, March 13. My family had a figure print request and that delayed the process about 4 weeks. I got my DM on Feb 6 and my spouse's DM was Feb 26. All together it took 102 days. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I want to thank you all for helping me out in this journey. Those of you that are still waiting just hang on and your time will come.

Best of luck to everyone.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=1866346703

KITUPAK

Jan 6, 2017
Hi Guys

Preparing for test on 16 March.
Is most of the questions come from sample test preparing sites or they ask new every time.

Thanks

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NewHome_Alberta said:
Hi All-

My journey for citizenship finally is done. Today I took my oath :p :p :p :p ( I have updated the spreadsheet).

I got my oath letter on Feb 27th and took oath today, March 13. My family had a figure print request and that delayed the process about 4 weeks. I got my DM on Feb 6 and my spouse's DM was Feb 26. All together it took 102 days. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I want to thank you all for helping me out in this journey. Those of you that are still waiting just hang on and your time will come.

Best of luck to everyone.
Congratulations!!! I have something similar happen to us. We took our test on Feb. 20th and the same day we got a letter that my wife needed to get her fingerprints taken. She did it on the 24th and the RCMP sent the report on Feb. 27th. We haven't heard anything since and we're both still "In Process" (after passing our test and our interview). My question is - were you able to get any information from CIC regarding status of FP (if they received it or not) from the time you took them to the time you got DM? Every time we call, they say there is no information on status of FP on the file.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=1866346703

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
KITUPAK said:
Hi Guys

Preparing for test on 16 March.
Is most of the questions come from sample test preparing sites or they ask new every time.

Thanks
question cant be exactly the same. but concept can be same.

just understand all 4 options to which they belong . shld be ok

KenCalgary2016

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Hi guys,

We done for our exam and interview today. We passed the exam. Thank you guys for your help. My father need police clearance from USA.

NewHome_Alberta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sukumaugali,
We did call CIC after 3 weeks and they confirmed. I would recommend to call them after 3 -4weeks, which is end of next week. In my case, I had the DM status and was waiting for my wife's status to change to DM. It literally took 3 days from the day we called to DM and next day (Monday) was for oath letter update.
Good luck.

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
NewHome_Alberta said:
Hi Sukumaugali,
We did call CIC after 3 weeks and they confirmed. I would recommend to call them after 3 -4weeks, which is end of next week. In my case, I had the DM status and was waiting for my wife's status to change to DM. It literally took 3 days from the day we called to DM and next day (Monday) was for oath letter update.
Good luck.
Thanks NewHome_Alberta! I am hoping we get DM soon! Will keep you all posted!

excited1

Oct 21, 2016
I just had the test and passed! I was one of the first few to finished the test and was the last 4 to called for interview. They mentioned the oath ceremony in the room is likely on the first -second week of april. Then during my interview, I asked the officer and she said between 1-2months for the oath ceremony. Cant wait for the ceremony :)

Sukumaugali

Star Member
Mar 7, 2017
excited1 said:
I just had the test and passed! I was one of the first few to finished the test and was the last 4 to called for interview. They mentioned the oath ceremony in the room is likely on the first -second week of april. Then during my interview, I asked the officer and she said between 1-2months for the oath ceremony. Cant wait for the ceremony :)
That's awesome! Congrats! Keep us posted when you hear back re: Oath!

KITUPAK

Jan 6, 2017
Hi Everyone

Just passed the test. It was pretty straight forward and done in 5 min. Thanks for encouragement. Intervie was short and precise and whole process finished in 1 hour. Interview officer said you may get letter to Oath in 1 month. Nothing else needed. Thanks GOD.

Best wishes to all waiting...

nikheil

Jan 28, 2017
I had my interview and test on 3/9/17.

The test was very easy. Just take your time as the wording of one or two questions is sometimes a bit tricky, but I imagine that might be for the purposes of testing English or French comprehension skills?). If anyone here hasn't taken it yet, don't stress about it at all! I read the guide they send you once when I received it, a second time 1 week before the test, and then in the week leading up to the test I read through the study guide on citizenshipcounts . ca, and did a few practice tests on that website. I feel like I overstudied because I found the test really simple, I was just paranoid about it!

The interview was really low stress too. I had a really nice guy interviewing me, he was very relaxed and friendly. My passport is expired so he asked me about that, and took a quick look at my passport stamps and PR card. He didn't ask to see any other paperwork, and told me he was approving my application, and that I will receive an oath invite in 3 - 5 months (Vancouver office is soooo slow).

The whole process took about 3 hours, because there were a lot of people there and it took them forever to start the test, and then get through all the interviews.

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
Had test and interview today.
Passed the test easily. Interviewer didn't really ask anything, Just told me that i'll get invite to take oath in 1-2 months