+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

The-Ottawan

Dec 3, 2016
Hi all,

We did the test today and passed with no problems.
Easy test if you study the book as well as some practice questions.
Had the interview and the officer looked at our passports. He saw some stamps in Arabic and asked us to translate those stamps with photocopies of the passport pages then send them with an affidavit from the translator.
He said that they will send us a letter with the requirements within 2 weeks but if we want to save some time then we can start preparing the papers and translation from now.

Anyone have that happen to them?

Torap

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
15-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2012
LANDED..........
05-07-2012
Friends, I've received the test invite!! 8) Please update the tracking sheet..

We sent you a notice on February 16, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 16, 2017 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Torap said:
Friends, I've received the test invite!! 8) Please update the tracking sheet..

We sent you a notice on February 16, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 16, 2017 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.
done.

Oct2016

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Ideally you have to translate all your stamps before the interview, but it makes sense that the office said that he will send you an official request requesting to translate your stamps. I think it will delay your process a little bit .

Good Luck!

The-Ottawan said:
Hi all,

We did the test today and passed with no problems.
Easy test if you study the book as well as some practice questions.
Had the interview and the officer looked at our passports. He saw some stamps in Arabic and asked us to translate those stamps with photocopies of the passport pages then send them with an affidavit from the translator.
He said that they will send us a letter with the requirements within 2 weeks but if we want to save some time then we can start preparing the papers and translation from now.

Anyone have that happen to them?

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rigly68 said:
I would say it's a fingerprint request. Seems to be happening a lot lately.....
Yes, that was indeed the case. I got the fingerprint request at home today. I'm out of the country this week, but I'll take care of it on Monday. Thanks a lot.

blessymay

Feb 1, 2017
my husbands application for citizenship got an AOR already but on the third line it said Additional documents needed. How long do i need to wait to receive it by mail? its been 12 days already that they said, they sent a correspondence letter already . please help. thank you very much. :(

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very strange. I got an invite for the test, but I haven't even sent the fingerprints they asked for earlier.

Can someone update my timeline, please?

We sent you a notice on February 21, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
McClane said:
Very strange. I got an invite for the test, but I haven't even sent the fingerprints they asked for earlier.

We sent you a notice on February 21, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
done

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
McClane said:

You are lucky

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
McClane said:

ya both are separate steps..
even people get FP after test done...

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
i got the fingerprint request as well... any idea how long it delays the whole process?
Received invitation for the test as well

obitar

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just had my test this morning in Montreal got 20/20 ;D

Lady in the interview said I will receive invitation letter in 2 months
Good luck everyone ;)
Submitted - Dec 18, 2016
AOR - Jan 10, 2017
IP - Jan 20
Test - Feb 27

KenCalgary2016

Star Member
Nov 25, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a concerns. We are a family of four, we are scheduled on March 14 for our interview test. My father is a truck driver, he runs Canada-US, he is physically present 1484; my mother is unemployed, there are times she went on a trip with my father, her physical present 1776 she included 1 trip she based on to my father's logbook, but when she received her FOIA that trip is not included, my brother physical present 1808 he did not include 1 of a trip with my father because he based on his passport stamp, but in his FOIA it is indicated 1 trip he did not included in his physically presence calculator, mine is 1798, I input wrong dates instead of June 15 I put July 3. What step do we need to do to correct it? Thank you in advance.