+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2014 FSW APPLICATION SUBMISSION

managersonline

Champion Member
Oct 18, 2014
dkd2014 said:
was it required or specified somewhere in CIC guidelines. ;D
I remember they asked only photocopies.
Think about some one with only one original reference letter of job done 8 years back in some other country. :)
Whatever they mentioned only required photocopy, so only photocopies are to be put in the envelope. Therefore no need to worry about putting photocopies of the reference letters.

Regards,George,
Doha,Qatar

Svarog

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dkd2014 said:
And we were under the impression that verfication calls are only made by local visa after file transfer and not by CIO. :eek:
the very same thing came to my mind...

if they are doing all those verification calls in the before-per stage, then what's left for the local visa offices to do at their stage???

quite confused now...

German_Canadian

Aug 7, 2014
Hamburg, Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
Did not receive it
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
05-06-2015
Med's Request
09-06-2015
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-06-2016
mendax said:
After going through George's post I looked for my profile views on LinkedIn and found there was a single viewer from Canada. Now, this might be a coincidence, but I have not joined any north american groups or job companies, not even a single friend or family members are/were in Canada ever.
So, i assume George is right as they take keen measures to look into details and in my opinion LinkedIn is the first place to look into for candidate details as it was a skilled workers scheme and almost all of us must have a professional portfolio on LinkedIn.

Well, God knows best, I just hope that everyone gets through this process quickly and get the desired response soon.

btw, heres what my LinkedIn visitor section looks like

Or can be viewed directly on the web : http://tinypic.com/r/2l8dztj/8
Okay that sounds good. I don't mind them looking at my LinkedIn profile. But what happens if the company I used to work for was just a small agency and they don't exist any more?
I used to work for an agency for like 4 years until 2008. I don't exactly know what happened to them but all I know is that the CEO gave his agency up and moved to the US. I don't have any number or contact information of him. He issued my letter of reference back in 2008.
Will I get a NER?? :eek:
I mean all the other following companies do still exist.

mendax

Aug 4, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28Nov2014
Doc's Request.
--
Nomination.....
--
AOR Received.
--
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application
File Transfer...
--
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
a waiver, hopefully
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Svarog said:
the very same thing came to my mind...

if they are doing all those verification calls in the before-per stage, then what's left for the local visa offices to do at their stage???

quite confused now...
Perhaps, they will do another background check candidate from the local country and also the bank records updates by the time they call you up for interview session.
I really don't understand this shadow process and line of action that CIC follows. In my opinion, they should have enabled an online portal for all applicants the moment they scanned our barcode pages.

Kapoor09

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Nov 15
AOR Received.
02 Feb 17
IELTS Request
Sent with the file
nsurendar said:
Hi,

I had Applied for FSW NOC Category: ELECTRICALS & ELECTRONIC ENGINEER-2241.CIC had received My Application on Sep 26th.
Afer that i couldn't able to got any communication from CIC. I Inquired the Bank and the DD was not encashed.
Someone please guide me to get in touch with CIC.
i wrote twice to wwwCIO-Sydney-Search-Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca for my application status but no response since last one month.

pls help
cic usually replies back between 60-70 days

mendax

Aug 4, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28Nov2014
Doc's Request.
--
Nomination.....
--
AOR Received.
--
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
--
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
a waiver, hopefully
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
German_Canadian said:
Okay that sounds good. I don't mind them looking at my LinkedIn profile. But what happens if the company I used to work for was just a small agency and they don't exist any more?
I used to work for an agency for like 4 years until 2008. I don't exactly know what happened to them but all I know is that the CEO gave his agency up and moved to the US. I don't have any number or contact information of him. He issued my letter of reference back in 2008.
Will I get a NER?? :eek:
I mean all the other following companies do still exist.
i am sailing in the same boat. my previous companies almost vanished and I have lost contact with my last referees. I even had 2 major job role updates with my current employer since i applied.
I believe they would be more inclined towards qualifications, employer names, skills mentioned and brief job roles, if they happen to take our LinkedIn info into account.
I am just guessing, got no concrete information on that.

nazmun2014

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2015
Nomination.....
11-11-2015
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
mendax said:
Quoting from the information i got from George
DD en-cashment may take from 3-10 working days and also depending upon bank to bank.
I am a Dec 3rd applicant, mode of payment [DD] and still waiting to hear from it. I had a check on my FDD status and my bank informed me on Friday that there was still no activity.

So, i assume George is right and it might take a little longer than CCs. So, hang in there my friend, i am quite sure you will get a good news (InshAllah)

cheers
I am 1 December applicant. Mood of payment is DD. No news of noc 4011... :(

mendax

Aug 4, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28Nov2014
Doc's Request.
--
Nomination.....
--
AOR Received.
--
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
--
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
a waiver, hopefully
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
nazmun2014 said:
I am 1 December applicant. Mood of payment is DD. No news of noc 4011... :(
same.
I am also in 4011 but got no news yet. I got a feeling that CIC will now speed up week after week to sort the application backlog.
Hope to hear by mid-feb

goodluck to you as well mate

hopefulimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi --- Warsaw VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th December 2014
Doc's Request.
DD Encashed 30th Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 25-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with the app
Med's Request
9th May 2015
Med's Done....
23rd May 2015
Interview........
waived. TLU on 2nd June 2015
Passport Req..
DM 5th Aug 2015. PPR 7th Aug 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2015. Expiry - 19-05-2016.
LANDED..........
InshaAllah in March 2016
What if someone had a LinkedIn account and later disabled it and then applied for FSW programme. Will CIC reject his/her application? ??? ???

mendax

Aug 4, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28Nov2014
Doc's Request.
--
Nomination.....
--
AOR Received.
--
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
--
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
a waiver, hopefully
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
hopefulimmigrant said:
What if someone had a LinkedIn account and later disabled it and then applied for FSW programme. Will CIC reject his/her application? ??? ???
CIC issued no information whatsoever regarding LinkedIn account. Its not mandatory, not even mentioned once in any context.
George just mentioned it in his post as he is avidly keeping an eye on the whole process and helping other members out with every minute detail that he can grab.
I believe he just shared his LinkedIn profile view for forum members, just to outline that one might get profile views from CIC (provided if you have one). I also followed his post and shared my profile view.
We assume that CIC will look into applicant's online profile and linkedin is a very promising portal to summarize one's professional achievements.
Like i said, it was never mentioned a single time to have a or to update one's LinkedIn profile, So, based on that i think you are just fine and should have no problem.

nazmun2014

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2015
Nomination.....
11-11-2015
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
mendax said:
same.
I am also in 4011 but got no news yet. I got a feeling that CIC will now speed up week after week to sort the application backlog.
Hope to hear by mid-feb

goodluck to you as well mate
Thanks and best of luck.

hopefulimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi --- Warsaw VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th December 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER 25-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with the app
Med's Request
9th May 2015
Med's Done....
23rd May 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InshaAllah in March 2016
mendax said:
CIC issued no information whatsoever regarding LinkedIn account. Its not mandatory, not even mentioned once in any context.
George just mentioned it in his post as he is avidly keeping an eye on the whole process and helping other members out with every minute detail that he can grab.
I believe he just shared his LinkedIn profile view for forum members, just to outline that one might get profile views from CIC (provided if you have one). I also followed his post and shared my profile view.
We assume that CIC will look into applicant's online profile and linkedin is a very promising portal to summarize one's professional achievements.
Like i said, it was never mentioned a single time to have a or to update one's LinkedIn profile, So, based on that i think you are just fine and should have no problem.

Thanks Mate....By the way, I am 9th December applicant for NOC 2172, any guess when my DD will be encashed?

mendax

Aug 4, 2014
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28Nov2014
Doc's Request.
--
Nomination.....
--
AOR Received.
--
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
--
Med's Request
Soon
Med's Done....
Soon
Interview........
a waiver, hopefully
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
hopefulimmigrant said:
Thanks Mate....By the way, I am 9th December applicant for NOC 2172, any guess when my DD will be encashed?
If i am not mistaken, the last DD encashed was reported for the Nov 26th applicant. So, based on that it might take another good 10 business days. So far, Dec 9th candidates [Mode of payment: CC] have been charged.

based on George'sreference, DD takes around 3-10 working days, So, roughly doing the maths i would say somewhere around mid-february, hopefully

hopefulimmigrant

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi --- Warsaw VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th December 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER 25-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with the app
Med's Request
9th May 2015
Med's Done....
23rd May 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
InshaAllah in March 2016
mendax said:
If i am not mistaken, the last DD encashed was reported for the Nov 26th applicant. So, based on that it might take another good 10 business days. So far, Dec 9th candidates [Mode of payment: CC] have been charged.

based on George'sreference, DD takes around 3-10 working days, So, roughly doing the maths i would say somewhere around mid-february, hopefully

Thanks Buddy...... +1 for you.

Carmageddon

Apr 19, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Dear George, that is very interesting information, thank you!

And concerning - just to confirm, they have viewed your profile BEFORE your CC/DD was charged? (seeing as your profile says your application date is 19/12)
I expected it to happen for certain not before PER/NER review! :eek:

EDIT: also, where do I find such graph? it only shows me the last 5 people who watched my profile... My account is Basic, is yours a premium account?