+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Really sorry to hear about your situation ! Hopefully things get better for you and you get an oath ceremony invitation ASAP ! !

There is lots of things this or future government should fix and CIC is one of them ...........

Absurd said:
The explanations for such enormous waiting time could be simple.
1. As almost everybody knows there is a gap in 1 year between applications of two groups of applicants. In the first group there are people who had the right to apply for citizenship under the previous rules (3/5 years) before June 19, 2015 and in the another group there are people who had the right to apply for citizenship under the new rules (4/6 years) after June 19, 2015 (IN FACT AFTER June 19, 2016). And it would be understandable if CIC staff would have not so much to do during this period of time. In this situation, the threat of dismissal of part of CIC employee could be obvious. But nobody wants to do it because of upcoming federal elections. So there is some opportunity to provide the work for all of these people to keep busy. Guess how? It is not my opinion but some people believe that some of them could be interested in postponing of some cases with some possible sorts of reasons especially for family applicants (IT IS JUST SOMEBODY'S OPINION). And probably you will see how quickly decisions will be made closer to April 1st, 2016 and how short the timeline will be.
2. Traditionally newcomers and even first generation of Canadians are not so happy with conservative government. So, there issomebody else's opinion. The fewer newcomers become citizen on the eve of the Federal elections the better it is for current government.
So what it is? Double standards? Discrimination? I don't know. I'll just repeat that everything that is above is only somebody's opinion.
And also probably that people who have to wait for a long time could be simply victims of situation.

sh7228

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015
SFD said:
Congrats!!!
Thank you, Got the letter today Test date: October 20th, Scarborough office

Canadafrenzy

Star Member
Aug 18, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey folks,
Yay! I finally took oath and became a Canadian this afternoon. It was a bit hectic as things were a bit disorganised on the part of CIC. My immigration journey has completed. This is my last post and I thank all members for their support during my time in the forum.

Wish you all the best,

Bye

lawyerlady

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Hi everyone, sorry I had been so busy. I have become Canadian Finally. I took oath on September 30th .It was wonderful experience. I wish you all very best of luck !!!

Ashiqullah

Aug 12, 2015
Hello,

I send an email to RCMP on Friday, Oct 2 regarding an update on my fingerprint and i got a reply today Monday, Oct 5 with the following emailsentences.

"We are unable to provide specific dates as to when the verification will be completed. Once the verification is complete, the result will be send to Citizenship and Immigration Canada office."

I did my fingerprint on August 26, 2015.

Any idea why its taking longer than other people in this forum. Some user fingerprint were done within 3 to 7 days.

Thanks

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
I have noticed Aug 13th test takers have already started getting the oath invitations ... what about Aug 12th test takers ? ... Has anyone who gave the test on Aug 12th got the oath invitation yet?

MTLR

Apr 5, 2015
Hi everyone,

Glad to see most applicants files move forward and many with citizenship already! Enjoy it guys and don't forget to vote :)

I can use some help: I passed the test on July 23 and Decision Made a week later. Nothing since. Called CIC and they said to wait since the total process may take up to two years!!!

Anyone with similar situation? Any idea why it's taking so long for a ceremony date?

btw, I'm a Montreal applicant.

Thanks!

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MTLR said:
Hi everyone,

Glad to see most applicants files move forward and many with citizenship already! Enjoy it guys and don't forget to vote :)

I can use some help: I passed the test on July 23 and Decision Made a week later. Nothing since. Called CIC and they said to wait since the total process may take up to two years!!!

Anyone with similar situation? Any idea why it's taking so long for a ceremony date?

Thanks!
What they told you is BS. I am sure you receive your oath before March 2016.

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MTLR said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

They told me the same thing few days ago. I'm also in Montreal

beautybear

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cedarjet said:
They told me the same thing few days ago. I'm also in Montreal
We had the same day test, June 23, Dm after couple days, nothing further.
Winnipeg office

beautybear

Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colocho13 said:
I called CIC today and the agent was nice enough to check my application he said they sent me Oath Invitation last week and my ceremony is on Oct 30 ;D
My test day is June 23, hope I will receive oath invitation soon. :p

YasirAli

Sep 22, 2015
beautybear said:
My test day is June 23, hope I will receive oath invitation soon. :p
congratulations to all who got their pinky.
could you please share your timeline? . i applied in Nov 2014 and my case was transfer to scarborough on 20th march 2015 , after that continuously in process and no 4th line added till now. is there anybody on the same boat with me? please share to support each other and make easy this tough journey....thanks