Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
stocktrader1407 said:
Congrats @ Shalom1 and good luck to everyone waiting. Looks like end of July and August people are getting the their oaths.
Thank you and best wishes to you.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
sako115 said:
Congrats ! At least you don;t have to worry about this anymore. As for my application it is single app, and did some traveling but everything is stated clearly in the calculator.

Anyways hopefully i get to hear some news soon.

Thanks
Thank you. I pray you hear good news soon. The hardest part of this process is the waiting.

Silent

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends, Passed citizenship test today. Good luck to all friends waiting for test.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Silent said:
Hello friends, Passed citizenship test today. Good luck to all friends waiting for test.
Congratulations Silent.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Silent said:
Congrats

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
sako115 said:
Hi Shaazdeh and Shalom 1,

Would appreciate your help and feedback. Do you know if there are any other applicants who are still in the same boat as me and if my status is still normal or not ?

Application received Dec 30 , 2014
Acknowledgment letter sent March 23, 2015
Started processing application on June 18, 2015

Overall it has been 9 months, and still waiting :( . Should I be concerned ?

Also what is the next likely update ? test date or processing office ?

Thanks you
tds69us said:
Thats not a good timeline...order ATIP
SFD said:
My application is from Dec 2014 and still pending. I contacted CIC about 10 days ago and they stated my case was sent to Scarborough for processing.

It is taking longer than most of our Dec 2014 Group though.

I cannot do anything but wait. One day I will receive Test Date and then Oath Ceremony.

Be patience.

SFD

It totally depends on your local office and their workload. I am a December2014 applicant and my local office is Edmonton. Test done in August2015 and still waiting for OATH. Decision was made in August as well. CIC timeline states 12 month or less for applicants applied after April 2015, and before March 2016 for applicants who applied before April 2015. We are all very well under that average processing time, so I would not worry about it until the timeline goes over the average. Until then CIC agent will tell you to wait.

Absurd

Sep 16, 2015
Hello everybody! Most of us have similar situations with timing of getting oath after the test. I waited for 2-4 MONTHS as an average waiting time for ceremony that was mentioned by Scarborough offices' officer right after test. Then I started to call to the CIC call-centre weekly during two months since the end of this period; I tried to understand what is the reason that our family has to wait for months. NO MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY HAD SPENT ANY SINGLE DAY OUTSIDE OF CANADA FOR 3 YEARS PREVIOUS TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP. WE HAVE LIVED AT THE SAME ADRESS AND HAD MET ALL OF CIC REQUIREMENTS! Well trained persons from call-center each time gave me the universal answer about "application processing times". All of them told thatTHERE IS NO TIMING 2-4 MONTHS, BUT WE WILL BE HAVING THE CEREMONY IN 6 MONTHS AFTER PASSING THE TEST (!)From time to time they mentioned that the number of applications was dramatically increased, and this fact can be kind of excuse for CIC offices. Then I started to research official statistic. And what do you think I realized from it? The number of applications for citizenship not only wasn't increased, but even decreased each year from 211,135 in 2009 to 129,993 in 2014. Surprise: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2014-Q4/index.asp
According to another information number of applications really could be increased something like 53% during the 1st half-year of 2015 in comparison with the 1st half-year of 2014. But excuse me (!), waiting time for oath according to information from "Canadavisa" and some other websites, was increased approximately 8-13 times, depending on CIC office location.
So it is pure math: 1.53 is not equal to 13 or even 8.
And finally today, because 6 months already passed, I called to CIC call-centre and guess what? There is a note in our file according which we will be scheduled for the ceremony in the NEXT 2-4 MONTHS. What? Another 2-4 month? Why? And their answer is “THERE IS NO REASON. If you won't receive invitation in the NEXT 4 months, give us a call”. I replied that I was frustrated and I did not believe this anymore.
After simple analyzes, I found an understandable explanation...

Absurd

Sep 16, 2015
The explanations for such enormous waiting time could be simple.
1. As almost everybody knows there is a gap in 1 year between applications of two groups of applicants. In the first group there are people who had the right to apply for citizenship under the previous rules (3/5 years) before June 19, 2015 and in the another group there are people who had the right to apply for citizenship under the new rules (4/6 years) after June 19, 2015 (IN FACT AFTER June 19, 2016). And it would be understandable if CIC staff would have not so much to do during this period of time. In this situation, the threat of dismissal of part of CIC employee could be obvious. But nobody wants to do it because of upcoming federal elections. So there is some opportunity to provide the work for all of these people to keep busy. Guess how? It is not my opinion but some people believe that some of them could be interested in postponing of some cases with some possible sorts of reasons especially for family applicants (IT IS JUST SOMEBODY'S OPINION). And probably you will see how quickly decisions will be made closer to April 1st, 2016 and how short the timeline will be.
2. Traditionally newcomers and even first generation of Canadians are not so happy with conservative government. So, there issomebody else's opinion. The fewer newcomers become citizen on the eve of the Federal elections the better it is for current government.
So what it is? Double standards? Discrimination? I don't know. I'll just repeat that everything that is above is only somebody's opinion.
And also probably that people who have to wait for a long time could be simply victims of situation.

trunorth

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SFD said:
My application is from Dec 2014 and still pending. I contacted CIC about 10 days ago and they stated my case was sent to Scarborough for processing.

It is taking longer than most of our Dec 2014 Group though.

I cannot do anything but wait. One day I will receive Test Date and then Oath Ceremony.

Be patience.

SFD
Looks like we are both in the same boat! I've stopped checking the CIC site daily. Once a week or in 2 weeks and I am back to checking mail once a week.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trunorth,

Similar time though. As I have stated, I spoke to CIC for the first time and they confirmed my case was sent from Mississauga to Scarborough due to backlog.

But I have a feeling we will hear from them this week my friend!

Stay positive.. We have no choice.

SFD

sh7228

Star Member
Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
19-02-2015
So I checked ECAS today and saw the forth line appear finally!

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 22, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 19, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 17, 2015.
We sent you a notice on October 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I still haven't received the letter yet so I don't know what date it will be
Finally a good sign after a long wait

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sh7228 said:
So I checked ECAS today and saw the forth line appear finally!

Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 22, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 19, 2015.
We started processing your application on March 17, 2015.
We sent you a notice on October 2, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I still haven't received the letter yet so I don't know what date it will be
Finally a good sign after a long wait
Congrats!!!

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
I called CIC today and the agent was nice enough to check my application he said they sent me Oath Invitation last week and my ceremony is on Oct 30 ;D

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
colocho13 said:
I called CIC today and the agent was nice enough to check my application he said they sent me Oath Invitation last week and my ceremony is on Oct 30 ;D
Congratulations. Check your Ecas for updates.
You are lucky to meet a good agent.