+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

Bonenza

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok... So why my line has disapparead since may and I'm still waiting ?

We have all lost this line in may or june, I don't remember when exactly, but you can check on the forum. It has reappeared for some but not for all of us.

At some point, we will all pass the test, it is not connected to the disappearance of this line.

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Bonenza said:
Ok... So why my line has disapparead since may and I'm still waiting ?

We have all lost this line in may or june. It has reappeared for some but not for all of us.
Does not mean if this happened to you to generalize your explanation and create fear for other applicants . many of us their lot disappeared and did not appear. And they receive their test invitation and even get the oath after .at least what I wrote I heard it from the call center not a pure subjective explanation .

Thx

Bonenza

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok....

One example : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lot-line-disappeared-t300348.15.html

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Bonenza said:
ok....

One example : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/lot-line-disappeared-t300348.15.html
[/quote
One time I called the call center and I got a nice agent and he said that this is not a bug and this meant to be when they do and he said that this is a good sign and that the file in the local office and they are working on it .
Few weeks after I got my test invitation and what happened to me happened to many people . My point here when an applicant seeks help in our forum it is great to give him as much as we can an informative answer . Also don't forget it differ from an office to another office .

Tx

Ridafaa

Feb 28, 2015
Hi,
I want to share with you my timeline:
1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 4, 2014.
2-We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2015.
3-We started processing your application on February 18, 2015.
4-We sent you a notice on July 24, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 13, 2015 at 8:15 AM.
5-We sent you a notice on September 8, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 24, 2015 at 8:45 AM.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ridafaa,

Congrats! Not too bad 8-9 months process.

We have a similar Original Application time, but mine it is taking forever. I contacted CIC this morning: the Agent was very helpful. My case was transferred to Scarborough and I was told not to worry. It is a matter of time for test unless they find they need additional docs which I hope NOT.

Anyways, all the best and congrats once again.

SFD

PurpleLilly

Apr 17, 2012
Hi Puda, Could you please update my test date to Aug 25th on the spreadsheet. Decision made today (sept 15).Waiting on the oath date...

Thanks very much!

Ridafaa

Feb 28, 2015
SFD said:
Ridafaa,

Congrats! Not too bad 8-9 months process.

We have a similar Original Application time, but mine it is taking forever. I contacted CIC this morning: the Agent was very helpful. My case was transferred to Scarborough and I was told not to worry. It is a matter of time for test unless they find they need additional docs which I hope NOT.

Anyways, all the best and congrats once again.

SFD
Thanks SFD. Just be patient and your turn will come sooner or later. by the way i'm from Ottawa.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
PurpleLilly > Done

Passed the test this morning. Questions were really not easy and you can't compare it with your mate because he/she won't get the same ones. So don't forget to review the book and practice. Although the questions I got online were not exactly the same than the real test. Real test was way more difficult than online test for me. BUT you can also get an easy test. Really depends.

Should get my oath between 1 and 3 months so I will wait until the very end of December.

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
AsianIndian said:
Decision Made today.... :D
Congratss Oath is on the way ;D ;D

asagalen

May 22, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2010
AOR Received.
April 3,2010
Med's Request
April 3, 2010
Med's Done....
April 14, 2010
Passport Req..
May 21, 2010/Ecas: DM June 23 2010
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2010
LANDED..........
july 17, 2010
Hi All,

For family application, are dependents required to be present during the Citizenship Test even they are not required to take the test?.

Thanks

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
They have to if they are between 14-17 and older. It was indicated on the letter we received.

stocktrader1407

Aug 21, 2015
Congrats AsianIndian. After your test, what did the officer say with respect to oath estimate?

I have read in various different topics on here that the test can have tricky questions. Please all test takers read the booklet carefully. There are bound to be couple of questions that can throw you off.