+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Soko said:
Hi guys,

I have a question. I applied for my citizenship in December 2014 and my wife applied in April 2015. She has received a notice to appear for citizenship test Sept 22. My file is stuck at "In Process". Any idea why?
where are u from

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Soko said:
Hi guys,

I have a question. I applied for my citizenship in December 2014 and my wife applied in April 2015. She has received a notice to appear for citizenship test Sept 22. My file is stuck at "In Process". Any idea why?
I'll advise you call CIC and explain the situation and cite your wife's situation. CIC seems erratic and random on how they decide who is next for processing.

Good luck.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Shalom1 said:
This waiting game is not fun. 6 weeks after test, I'm still waiting for Scarborough office to send oath letter.
IT TAKES 4 MONTHS!!! Jeez people. Really?!

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
puda said:
IT TAKES 4 MONTHS!!! Jeez people. Really?!

We were told 2 months during interview.
4 months is the extreme IMO.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Guys,

What did you bring for the interview?

Do I actually need to bring:

- Payment receipt (Don't have it anymore, the original was sent with my application)
- Print out of the On-line Physical Presence Calculator
- Police certificate(s) (original were sent as well)

Thanks!

DenverCO

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally eCAS is updated with the oath invite exactly 2 months after the status is changed to Decision Made. Oath is scheduled for 24th September exactly 9 calendar months since I started my application process (mailed the application on 24th December).

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the day of test, do we have to take our own pen, pencil? can we answer with pencil? and is there a specific way to mark the correct answer?like by X or we have to fill in ? Thanks!

stocktrader1407

Aug 21, 2015
They will provide a pencil to mark the answers. Additionally, they will advise on how to mark the answers and will give you time to understand.

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
shaazdeh said:
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding the day of test, do we have to take our own pen, pencil? can we answer with pencil? and is there a specific way to mark the correct answer?like by X or we have to fill in ? Thanks!
On exam day when you go into the exam room the instructor will explain the entire process. A Pencil will be provided on your seat, you can use that to answer, you will be given a scantron sheet on which you need to darken the correct answer with the pencil.

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
puda said:
Guys,

What did you bring for the interview?

Do I actually need to bring:

- Payment receipt (Don't have it anymore, the original was sent with my application)
- Print out of the On-line Physical Presence Calculator
- Police certificate(s) (original were sent as well)

Thanks!

All the best Puda for the test... Mine is next week

WishaVisa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know whats wrong with my citizenship application. Its accepted so i dont think i made any mistakes filling it out.

my timeline:

Application sent Dec 27th, 2014
Application received December 31, 2014
AOR: Feb 26th, 2015
Started processing: March 7th, 2015

Still nothing..... :( :(

call centre rude guy told me he wont look into my file coz its not 25 months yet :eek: :eek: :eek:
i heard they were supposed to finish all by march next year...

(near March I also read my application is transferred to local office (Edmonton)
But now i find that the status doesnt say that anymore??

is anyone else experiencing same delay like me from edmonton or its just my file??

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
WishaVisa said:
I dont know whats wrong with my citizenship application. Its accepted so i dont think i made any mistakes filling it out.

my timeline:

Application sent Dec 27th, 2014
Application received December 31, 2014
AOR: Feb 26th, 2015
Started processing: March 7th, 2015

Still nothing..... :( :(

call centre rude guy told me he wont look into my file coz its not 25 months yet :eek: :eek: :eek:
i heard they were supposed to finish all by march next year...

(near March I also read my application is transferred to local office (Edmonton)
But now i find that the status doesnt say that anymore??

is anyone else experiencing same delay like me from edmonton or its just my file??

Hey.. no need to worry. If the transfer line has disappeared, it sort of indicates that your file is in line for the test dates. That is what most of us in the forum have experienced. So just hang in there for some more time... Maybe in 2-3 weeks you will get the test dates. All the best.

Bonenza

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Abemats2000, it's not true. We have all lost this line and it doesn't mean that the test is coming. It was just a bug after a system update.

I'm waiting also. The only thing we can do is to wait and maybe ask for an ATIP to know the status of our application.

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Bonenza said:
Abemats2000, it's not true. We have all lost this line and it doesn't mean that the test is coming. It was just a bug after a system update.

I'm waiting also. The only thing we can do is to wait and maybe ask for an ATIP to know the status of our application.
That not true guys according to the call center this is a good sign that the file is progressing and they are working on it . After my LOT disappeared 6 weeks after I got the invitation for the test .