+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
e.chad said:
Thank you Sam, I am going to wait and see if they ask me to provide the record, i thought they already have authorization to access and request
exit/entry record on applicant behalf.
I understand. CIC officers might be aware about the border passport stamping practices. As you have given consent to CIC to access your records, CIC would only be able to access your entries into Canada from CBSA. CIC can access your CBSA records in order to verify your entries into Canada.

However, if the officer still has concerns/doubts during the interview(after checking your passports) then he/she might issue you CIT0520 and then you need to submit the FOIA request and then send these records to CIC.

Were those two trips made by land travel?
Also, have you only traveled to USA twice in past 4 years?

I think you are worrying for no reason. You would be fine.

I hope and wish your application would be processed smoothly and good wishes for your test/interview.

May 31, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
Decision Made is usually a good news. Does your e-cas state about test invite etc?
I am not sure how long it would take you to receive any notification by mail/email as I am not sure about Scarborough timelines.
You can check Scarborough thread to estimate when you should expect an oath invite.

I think here is the thread for Scarborough:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/scarborough-office-timeline-after-test-t266529.0.html

By the way, please provide the link for the spreadsheet you are referring to.
Hey .. my e-cas does not say anything about the decision . Even though it says "Decision Made" ... The last thing I see is the update to come in for the citizenship test ( which has been completed since the 1st week of June ) ... Hopefully I get something in the mail soon ..

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I understand. CIC officers might be aware about the border passport stamping practices. As you have given consent to CIC to access your records, CIC would only be able to access your entries into Canada from CBSA. CIC can access your CBSA records in order to verify your entries into Canada.

However, if the officer still has concerns/doubts during the interview(after checking your passports) then he/she might issue you CIT0520 and then you need to submit the FOIA request and then send these records to CIC.

Were those two trips made by land travel?
Also, have you only traveled to USA twice in past 4 years?

I think you are worrying for no reason. You would be fine.

I hope and wish your application would be processed smoothly and good wishes for your test/interview.
Hi Again Sam
Yes i went twice, one time via Air (2012) and once in 2014 with wife via Car. Was in US & Dominican in 2015 for 20 days but that period doesn't count for Cit.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
e.chad said:
Hi Again Sam
Yes i went twice, one time via Air (2012) and once in 2014 with wife via Car. Was in US & Dominican in 2015 for 20 days but that period doesn't count for Cit.
Even though your passport was not stamped on either sides, however, CBSA(Canada) and CBP(USA) might have scanned your passport and the entries would be made into their respective systems.

soheil

Feb 22, 2015
Sam71 said:
I have done the test same date as you in Montreal. Nothing yet received and the ecas is still in process. Though a friend had the test with us received the Oath letter already and status changed to decision made . I guess we have to wait.

Did you sign a checklist at the end of the interview ?
w

Hi. Everyone signed the form presented by the citizenship officer!!

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone tell me should i select "Exit/Entry" record or "Travel and Apprehension" record for my travel to USA in FOIA.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
e.chad said:
Can someone tell me should i select "Exit/Entry" record or "Travel and Apprehension" record for my travel to USA in FOIA.
Entry/Exit.

I chose Entry/Exit and got all entry records corresponding to my entries in USA those were made by my passport as well as nexus card.
They only provided me with entries not exits.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Just received my test letter for the 20th but I will be abroad so have to call and reschedule. I read on their website it usually takes 2 or 3 weeks to get a new date so we will see. I am in Calgary. No change on ecas.

leekbi

Sep 22, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
23-06-2011
Med's Request
23-06-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Just got my letter today. Test date is on 25th, and I'll be in the state. I need to call to reschedule as well. I'm in Calgary.

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
leekbi said:
Just got my letter today. Test date is on 25th, and I'll be in the state. I need to call to reschedule as well. I'm in Calgary.
Leekbi, I prepared a letter for the Calgary Office just in case (Explained why I can't make it with my Air Canada passes). Can you let me know when you get rescheduled? I wonder how long it takes... Will call tomorrow first thing! It was too late tonight to contact them.

Now I am afraid that I might be due when I receive my oath date... I am due on Feb 12th. (6 months from now give or take)

abemats2000

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
puda said:
Leekbi, I prepared a letter for the Calgary Office just in case (Explained why I can't make it with my Air Canada passes). Can you let me know when you get rescheduled? I wonder how long it takes... Will call tomorrow first thing! It was too late tonight to contact them.

Now I am afraid that I might be due when I receive my oath date... I am due on Feb 12th. (6 months from now give or take)
Puda,

I too have sent in a request last week for re scheduling the test. Inspite of calling the Call Centre and giving our travel dates, the information was not updated and our test dates were giving when we were out of the country. It has been four days since they received our letter (registered post). Now I am waiting for the new date.....

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Entry/Exit.

I chose Entry/Exit and got all entry records corresponding to my entries in USA those were made by my passport as well as nexus card.
They only provided me with entries not exits.
Thank you Again Sam ... You are awesome :)

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
I didn't use registered mail this time. Next time I will pass the test no matter what anyway so I decided it was fine to send it through normal mail.

Please guys let me know when you get rescheduled. I heard a lot of people had to cancel their test this month since so many people are out of the country. I also heard CiC doesn't really care about your travel dates so that's not really important to let them know even though they tell you you have to... You are not the only one telling me about CiC sending the test invitation while you are away...