+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

sirine1

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Shalom1 said:
Just as Thecoolguysam said, read the book very well.
We didn't have questions on date apart from one that casually made reference to one date but that doesn't mean other people will not have dates questions. I will also advise you to know something unique about your province.

Best wishes to you.
Thank you Shalom for your reply !

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
kevin_ot said:
:) Hi guys, finally I received my oath letter by mail on this Tuesday.

Here below is my time line:

Application sent : 15 Dec. 2014
Received by 22nd Dec. 2014
In process: 2nd May. 2015
Tset: 22nd Apr. 2015
Oath: 25th Aug, 2015(Vancouver )
congratulations :)

MovingAhead

Star Member
Feb 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I had my test and interview yesterday at the Scarborough center. During the interview, the officer said that she could not verify the entries into Canada for the trips over the years. This is because every time we landed at the Pearson, we used the kiosk and there is no physical stamp on our passport. Is this an RQ? Has anyone experienced this? How does this affect timelines?

Any info is appreciated.

Also, I am unable to change the colour of the row on the spreadsheet. I have updated my info though.

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My test is on Aug 27 :)
eCas updated on Friday (I checked on Thursday as well but there was no update)
Now my question is, I went to USA twice and since i am US passport holder, Canada/USA both didn't stamp passport, I am
little concern how to explain this to officer(Even tho they should be aware of border practices) .....

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MovingAhead said:
Hi everyone,

I had my test and interview yesterday at the Scarborough center. During the interview, the officer said that she could not verify the entries into Canada for the trips over the years. This is because every time we landed at the Pearson, we used the kiosk and there is no physical stamp on our passport. Is this an RQ? Has anyone experienced this? How does this affect timelines?

Any info is appreciated.

Also, I am unable to change the colour of the row on the spreadsheet. I have updated my info though.
If you use automatic kiosks, even then the entry is made into the CBSA system regardless of whether the passport was stamped or not.
If you still enter Canada and go the CBSA officer at POE, the officer will still scan your pr card and the entry would be made into the system. He may or may not stamp the passport.

I think officer might check your CBSA entries in order to verify your entries into Canada.

MovingAhead

Star Member
Feb 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
If you use automatic kiosks, even then the entry is made into the CBSA system regardless of whether the passport was stamped or not.
If you still enter Canada and go the CBSA officer at POE, the officer will still scan your pr card and the entry would be made into the system. He may or may not stamp the passport.

I think officer might check your CBSA entries in order to verify your entries into Canada.
Yes. I was a little surprised as I am guessing that a majority of the people probably use the kiosk and I had never read of this happening to anyone before. Was wondering if this is an RQ and if was going to negatively affect our timeline.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
e.chad said:
My test is on Aug 27 :)
eCas updated on Friday (I checked on Thursday as well but there was no update)
Now my questions is, I went to USA 2 times but since i am US passport holder, Canada/USA both don't stamp US passport, I am
little concern how to explain this to officer(Even tho they should be aware of border practices) .....

Ideally, you should have ordered your FOIA records(USA) beforehand to show it to the officer if he requests you for the USA entry/exit records. Usually it takes less than 1 month to get those records however for some people it takes much more time. For some people it took less than a week.

Right now you can order FOIA records from following website:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

Make sure you create an account as you will need your account in order to access your records.

If the officer has concerns about your stamps(entry/exits) then he may issue you CIT0520 asking for your USA Entry/Exit Records.

If you get the FOIA records before the test then you can give it to the officer only if the officer asks for it.
If you don't get the FOIA records and if the officer asks for it when CIT0520 is issued in regards to your USA entry/exit records then you need to wait till you get your FOIA records and send it to the CIC office address as mentioned on the C1T0520 letter.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MovingAhead said:
Yes. I was a little surprised as I am guessing that a majority of the people probably use the kiosk and I had never read of this happening to anyone before. Was wondering if this is an RQ and if was going to negatively affect our timeline.
Were you issued some form/document during/after interview?

MovingAhead

Star Member
Feb 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No we weren't. We were just asked to sign the form on which all boxes were checked except one. She told us that will not check that as she cannot verify yet. She said no action was needed from us.

Sam71

Aug 9, 2015
soheil said:
Hi guys,

Is it possible to have oath letter to mail box even without change to decision made in ecase, mine is still in process after 32 days of my citizenship test! I m from the Montreal office.
I have done the test same date as you in Montreal. Nothing yet received and the ecas is still in process. Though a friend had the test with us received the Oath letter already and status changed to decision made . I guess we have to wait.

Did you sign a checklist at the end of the interview ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MovingAhead said:
No we weren't. We were just asked to sign the form on which all boxes were checked except one. She told us that will not check that as she cannot verify yet. She said no action was needed from us.
Do you know what exactly that form was?

If the officer has doubt she may access your CBSA records (you must have given consent in the initial citizenship application) and she will verify your entries into Canada.

If she still has doubts, she might either send you a full RQ (CIT0171) or small RQ (CIT0520)

I wish you all the best for smooth processing of your citizenship application.

By the way, are you a USA citizen or did you make many trips to USA?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MovingAhead said:
Even officers don't always stamp passport when you go thru them. So no not a reason for RQ.

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Ideally, you should have ordered your FOIA records(USA) beforehand to show it to the officer if he requests you for the USA entry/exit records. Usually it takes less than 1 month to get those records however for some people it takes much more time. For some people it took less than a week.

Right now you can order FOIA records from following website:

https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate

Make sure you create an account as you will need your account in order to access your records.

If the officer has concerns about your stamps(entry/exits) then he may issue you CIT0520 asking for your USA Entry/Exit Records.

If you get the FOIA records before the test then you can give it to the officer only if the officer asks for it.
If you don't get the FOIA records and if the officer asks for it when CIT0520 is issued in regards to your USA entry/exit records then you need to wait till you get your FOIA records and send it to the CIC office address as mentioned on the C1T0520 letter.
Thank you Sam, I am going to wait and see if they ask me to provide the record, i thought they already have authorization to access and request
exit/entry record on applicant behalf.