+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

triumpher83

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shalom

Book is the best advise. Read it 2 times, possibly 3 times, and then take some online tests and you will be good to go.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
ar_fabrics said:
Congratulations & thanks for best wishes but what happened to Mississauga office ?? One more Mississauga applicant received test invitation & test centre is Scarborough
I am truly concerned about the fate of Mississauga applicants. CIC should sort this issue out quick. Once again, good luck to you all.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
triumpher83 said:
Shalom

Book is the best advise. Read it 2 times, possibly 3 times, and then take some online tests and you will be good to go.
Hi Triumpher,

Thank you for your advice.
Which websites do you recommend for the online practice?
Secondly, are there DATE based questions? I mean questions that require you to remember when an event happened.

Thank you.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
shaazdeh said:
Hi everyone,

If you are planning to read the book, I suggest to watch the videos (link below) first and then read the book. I found it to help me go through the book faster and better remembering information. Hope it helps you guys too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LueYBTLzhAI&index=2

ps, start from chapter 1, it has 10 videos, cover 10 chapters!
Hi Guys,

This video link does not work anymore.
Please any advice on how to find it or similar ones?

Thanks.

sengabo

Dec 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So Ottawa is moving finally.I got this e-cas update today:

We sent you a notice on July 10, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 29, 2015

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Still waiting :D I think no one in Alberta got an invitation for the test so far so I am not expecting anything before Sept/Oct. Means a full year :) I first applied in October. I am gone for 12 days in August so hopefully I won't get anything by then but I honestly doubt it!

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
puda said:
Still waiting :D I think no one in Alberta got an invitation for the test so far so I am not expecting anything before Sept/Oct. Means a full year :) I first applied in October. I am gone for 12 days in August so hopefully I won't get anything by then but I honestly doubt it!
Puda, you will get something by then.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
sengabo said:
So Ottawa is moving finally.I got this e-cas update today:

We sent you a notice on July 10, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 29, 2015
Congrats and best wishes for the test.

Fonkou

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
02-11-2011
Hi all good luck to all of You. We are recieved our oath date to attend the ceremony on 28th july 2015 at 13:00

djbeyers75

Sep 15, 2009
Hi Everyone!

I received my invitation to write the citizenship test on Friday, July 31. Unfortunately, I am traveling that day. :-( I did call the CIC office (twice) and both officials said that it should not be a problem. One marked on my file that I am traveling and need to reschedule. And both instructed me to send a letter, with my travel itinerary, to the office. Apparently this is rather common from what the agent told me. (The agents were very helpful.)

I sent my letter with the itinerary. Hopefully it will not be a problem.

Also, although my file was sent to the Mississauga office, my test is for Scarborough. Anyone else have that?

don

salman86

May 20, 2015
Fonkou said:
Hi all good luck to all of You. We are recieved our oath date to attend the ceremony on 28th july 2015 at 13:00
Congratulations Fonkou!

What date was your test in May?

Thanks,
S

colocho13

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
File Transfer...
16-09-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
I did my test last month and the officer told me all is fine I should expect to receive Oath Letter in 2-4 months but today I checked my ecas and found this

We sent you correspondence on July 10, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

So I called CIC Call Centre the agent said it is a request for fingerprints.

I'd appreciate your feedback on this
- what does it mean?
- Does this mean further delay in my application? How long?
- How common is it to receive fingerprints request after the test and before the Oath ?
- Has anyone else received FP request during the process?

Any advise is highly appreciated

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djbeyers75 said:
Hi Everyone!

I received my invitation to write the citizenship test on Friday, July 31. Unfortunately, I am traveling that day. :-( I did call the CIC office (twice) and both officials said that it should not be a problem. One marked on my file that I am traveling and need to reschedule. And both instructed me to send a letter, with my travel itineraryelse .......
Which date you applied???? Up till now from our forum three applicants received test invitation .centre is Scarborough but their file were transferred to Mississauga.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colocho13 said:
I did my test last month and the officer told me all is fine I should expect to receive Oath Letter in 2-4 months but today I checked my ecas and found this

We sent you correspondence on July 10, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

So I called CIC Call Centre the agent said it is a request for fingerprints.

I'd appreciate your feedback on this
- what does it mean?
- Does this mean further delay in my application? How long?
- How common is it to receive fingerprints request after the test and before the Oath ?
- Has anyone else received FP request during the process?

Any advise is highly appreciated
From what I have heard, fingerprints are often requested when they have many people with the same name in their system. So they want to make sure that you are who you claim to be and that there is no confusion. Is your name very common in your country of origin ?

twist

Mar 31, 2015
Hi,

I got a new line on my ECAS, does anyone know what it means (see line below in bold)? The application status still says "In Process". My file was transferred to my local office (Montreal) the 21th of May, and I passed the citizenship test and did the interview the 7th of July. The interview went well (very smoothly), so I was quite confident, but this new line worries me a bit...

My ECAS:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 16, 2015.
We started processing your application on April 24, 2015.
We sent you a letter on July 13, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The transfer line disappeared and never reappeared. I never got a line for the citizenship test.

Thanks!