+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Hi Guys,

Following is my status on CAS

Citizenship

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 4, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 10, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on March 13, 2015. The Mississauga office will contact you.

Please advise :

How much time is it taking from Mississauga for the test date ?

I have the pdf but any websites to get prepared for the test ?

What documents do i need to have for the interview ?

Many thanks !!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
shahmad said:
Hi Guys,

Citizenship

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 4, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Mississauga office on March 13, 2015. The Mississauga office will contact you.

Please advise :

Many thanks !!
Read the official Discover Canada Book multiple times in order to pass the test.
Do a google search for free tests available. However remember, these tests are just for reference and may not help in passing the test however can help you remember the information. The only best way is to read the official Discover Canada book.

During the interview carry all the originals of the supporting documents submitted along with the application. Also if you have additional documents that supports your case, please carry them too. Examples of originals would be:
All passports, PR card, landing paper, education proof, 2 pieces of ID, educational documents etc.
You can carry additional documents like: tax papers, payslips etc, employment records etc if you want.

PurpleLilly

Apr 17, 2012
Hi guys... just floating by. Shout out to thecoolguysam for being so helpful. Calgary applicants still waiting to be called for the test here.. my application was transferred to the Calgary office on March 10, from what I've seen I might be waiting a while.. sigh!

Anyway, goodluck to all those preparing for the tests!!

Team Dec2014! 8)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahmad said:
Hi Guys,

Citizenship

Please advise :

Many thanks !!
Sharing my experience:
We passed our test yesterday at Scarborough yesterday. Both I and my wife got 19/20.

At the interview something odd happened though and I wanted to know if this has happened with others. The officer first checked through the identity documents and then each entry/exit stamp on the passport matching it with the residence calculator and the CBSA report. Then she went through the RQ stack and took out the US lease agreements, insurance, employment records and all bank and credit card statements (including Canada).

Then she returned those documents to us only retaining the Canadian NOA, English testing proof, etc. We asked for next steps and were told Oath invite in 2-4 months, she was writing ok and approved in multiple places.

Has this happened with others - i.e. return of documents?

From my side, I can share that there were a lot of people in the test who were RQ cases (don't know if all were RQ cases or not). So, some of them had submitted their applications in July. Anyways, test questions were decent, but some of them were a little bit indirect. Reading Discover Canada 2-3 times is a must. I read it only once and hence faltered on 3 questions (ending up making 1 mistake and 2 correct guesses).

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Sharing my experience:
We passed our test yesterday at Scarborough yesterday. Both I and my wife got 19/20.

At the interview something odd happened though and I wanted to know if this has happened with others. The officer first checked through the identity documents and then each entry/exit stamp on the passport matching it with the residence calculator and the CBSA report. Then she went through the RQ stack and took out the US lease agreements, insurance, employment records and all bank and credit card statements (including Canada).

Then she returned those documents to us only retaining the Canadian NOA, English testing proof, etc. We asked for next steps and were told Oath invite in 2-4 months, she was writing ok and approved in multiple places.

Has this happened with others - i.e. return of documents?

From my side, I can share that there were a lot of people in the test who were RQ cases (don't know if all were RQ cases or not). So, some of them had submitted their applications in July. Anyways, test questions were decent, but some of them were a little bit indirect. Reading Discover Canada 2-3 times is a must. I read it only once and hence faltered on 3 questions (ending up making 1 mistake and 2 correct guesses).
What's odd I don't get it? it's completely normal to ask to bring everything and only take or see few documents.

Ahmed127

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my test/interview letter (No Update on Ecas yet) for May 29th at Mississauga office. I am so nervous.
I know that this is the most important step in the whole process.
Advices and prayers are appreciated.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Ahmed127 said:
I received my test/interview letter (No Update on Ecas yet) for May 29th at Mississauga office. I am so nervous.
I know that this is the most important step in the whole process.
Advices and prayers are appreciated.
Congratulations. Study "Discover Canada" guide at least 3-4 times properly. Online tests are useful for retaining and learning information however online tests only should not be considered for passing the test.

If you read the "Discover Canada" guide properly, you will pass.

Ahmed127

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am starting a new job in New York next month. I don't know if this can affect my chances. :( :(

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahmed127 said:
I am starting a new job in New York next month. I don't know if this can affect my chances. :( :(
You will go in for interview. Officer will ask what you do for living. You say I work in New York. What do you think will happen next?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
What's odd I don't get it? it's completely normal to ask to bring everything and only take or see few documents.
I don't think you got it. They didn't return anything from what I brought that day. They had a stack of documents from the RQ response that I had submitted 4-5 months back. They returned me documents from that stack.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
I don't think you got it. They didn't return anything from what I brought that day. They had a stack of documents from the RQ response that I had submitted 4-5 months back. They returned me documents from that stack.
Dear Garian4u
In my opinion it is good news for you . Cic don't need extra documents except NOA & Language Proof. Wish you best of Luck.

Luna-Toronto

Apr 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Puda, any luck getting in touch with the December applicant admin? It's becoming very annoying and confusing looking at out excel sheet as opposed to the November excel sheet. Please if you get to become admin I suggest following same format like Nov sheet because it is visually easier to spot data.
Thanks ;)

NizNoz

May 16, 2015
Hi all,
I haven't been to a forum like this for a while.. Been so busy living and working and adjusting to life in Canada. Anyhoo.. Here's my timeline. I've been waiting 2months and 29days to hear about my exam. Is this weird? I'm scared that by calling the CIC I'll end up delaying things even further... Anxious to hear what you guys think! I've a long vacation planned in July so I'm getting nervous...

1. We received you application for Canadian Citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 5, 2014
2. We sent you a letter... on February 8, 2015
3. We started processing your application on February 14, 2015
4. Your file was transferred to Citizenship Vancouver office on February 17, 2015. The ... will contact you..

(Note: a 5th line used to say "Your file was transferred to Citizenship Vancouver office on March 3, 2015", but seems to have been deleted. Dunno what significance this has)

Thanks++ :-\ :'(

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ar_fabrics said:
Dear Garian4u
In my opinion it is good news for you . Cic don't need extra documents except NOA & Language Proof. Wish you best of Luck.
Thanks ar_fabrics. I would assume the same too. What is confusing me is that has this happened to anyone else and if they didn't want those documents why would they request them through CIT0171. It took me so much time to gather all those documents.

esishelem

May 16, 2015
Hello All,

I just found this forum searching on google. This is the first time, I am posting to the topic.
I am from Montreal. How can I find the Excel file, you are talking about?

Second, this is my status in CIC website. I think it is taking too much time and nothing happend for the file.

1- We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 11, 2014.

2- We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 14, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Should I call CIC or I just need to wait?

Thanks,