+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

Aulakh7

May 2, 2015
What is the rule for now is it 3 years out of 5 years or the rule has changed to 4 years out of 6 years.I am confused..

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aulakh7 said:
I will complete 1095 days in next February.
The rule has not changed yet but there is a huge possibility that would be 4/6 in February 16. Follow the news, u will know when the law will change

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aulakh7 said:
What is the rule for now is it 3 years out of 5 years or the rule has changed to 4 years out of 6 years.I am confused..
Now it's 3 of 5 but you say that you're applying on February so what matters is the law on February not now and on February 95% that the requirement will be 4 of 6 (and I read that maybe you would need to have paid taxes every year, I'm not sure about this point and also to have lived in Canada at least 6 months every year).

May 31, 2011
Hi Everybody ,

After eagerly waiting for a long time .. my file has been transferred .

I dont know how to locate and update the spreadsheet , but below are the details ...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 11, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 26, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 27, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Scarborough Citizenship Operations office on April 29, 2015. The Scarborough Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
puda said:
Guys we are talking about people who have not showed up in 5 months! What big difference is that gonna make if we delete their line? I mean, really?
Yes, that can be done as the people have not showed up in 5 months.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Aulakh7 said:
I will complete 1095 days in next February.
Currently the rule is that you have to stay 3 out of 4 years to be eligible for citizenship.

By next feb if you complete 1095 days then you won't be eligible for citizenship because this june (most probably) the new law will come into effect and you have to reside 4 years out of 6 years (also 183 days per calendar year)

Raed the following link for more details:
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=832259

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also support the idea of removing inactive people so we can get more accurate stats

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK guys let's make it 5 months (150 days) instead of 4 then.
5 months of inactivity ===> Deleted in the spreadsheet.

1) By inactivity we mean someone who has not updated his/her line on the spreadsheet OR let us know here on the forum about his/her wait at least once in a period of 5 months.
2) This "measure" will not affect the average member of the forum. It will affect people who obviously have forgotten about this group altogether or who deliberately do not want to share their information with us anymore.
3) For what it is worth, someone was telling us here last week that a CIC agent specifically told them that ALL December applicants have been acknowledged (AOR). The fact that we still have people "without" AOR in our spreadsheet at this time (or after 150 days) is only due to the fact that those members are part of the group described in 2) above...

Let's keep a reliable spreadsheet for us and for future applicants.
Thanks to (reliable) spreadsheets we now know that the waiting time upper bound to go from one step to the next is 4 months for routine applicants. That makes our wait less stressful. For example in my case I know that I will see In Process on my eCAS by July 3rd (4 months after Received appeared), the very latest. Although it would be nice to see it sooner :D

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Just called them to double check my application just in case they sent me something and I wasn't aware of it. (And I just moved to my new place) Turns out everything is good with my application but it has not been transferred yet. They have no idea when it will be transferred. According to the spreadsheet, I believe it should take up to 57 days. (I am on Day 34)

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Why do you assume ecas is updated on a Tuesday? It usually takes 2 days before you would be able to see any update if your application has been indeed updated so I would expect Wed or Thursday instead if it has been updated yesterday.

Luna-Toronto

Apr 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
December_Applicant said:
My application is still In Process mode since April 30th , 2015. Anyone knows when will transferred to local office appear?
My file has been "In Process" since April 20 (Toronto- Scarborough office). So take it easy. Transfer will come soon.

Tomorrow is sprinkle time!!! Come forward everyone so I can splash you. :p
Since I am just waiting for transfer at this point I will wear my shorts and tshirt. But when it's test time, it will be swim suit all the wayyyyyy.
Let's splash!!

puda

Star Member
Oct 6, 2014
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Luna-Toronto said:
My file has been "In Process" since April 20 (Toronto- Scarborough office). So take it easy. Transfer will come soon.

Tomorrow is sprinkle time!!! Come forward everyone so I can splash you. :p
Since I am just waiting for transfer at this point I will wear my shorts and tshirt. But when it's test time, it will be swim suit all the wayyyyyy.
Let's splash!!
Don't forget me this time then ;)