+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
yyzhuang said:
When I got there, lots of people from the morning test were still there. The test wasn't started until after 1pm. After we were seated, a lady read the test instructions. So our test started at ~1:20. We were told to keep test content confidential, so can't share the questions with others. If you read the book carefully, there should be no problem. I personally feel those online tests are not very helpful though. So please do not rely on them totally. I checked my answers a few times before I handed it in. Most people finished in 10-15 min.

When we got out of the exam room, there were still some people from the morning there doing interview. I waited at least an hour until it was my turn. The officer asked me for passport, landing paper, PR card. These were all the things he asked for. I asked if I need to show my degree and transcript, he said no need. The conversation with the officer will be the test for language :) He then asked me to talk about my research, since I do research at a university, and where I graduated from, etc. The interview should be 7-8 min top. Then he said, oh did I mention you got 20 in your test? All in all, things are straight forward. At the end, he said my citizenship is granted, and wait for 2-5 months for oath invitation.
Hey I'm so nerves for my test tomorrow. Were all the questions multiple choice and over all how long was the total process time from the moment your test was schedule till you left the building?

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:
Hey I'm so nerves for my test tomorrow. Where all the questions multiple choice and over all how long was the total process time from the moment your test was schedule till you left the building?
Dear Jarina
Don't worry test will not difficult & you will get 20/20. In interview you should confident about your 4 year detail including foreign traveling ( if any) Job,education , Residence & family etc. we are waiting for your update tomorrow.According to forum members who appeared in test total time enterence to Left will be about 90 to 120 mins . Wish you best of Luck

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:
Hey I'm so nerves for my test tomorrow. Were all the questions multiple choice and over all how long was the total process time from the moment your test was schedule till you left the building?
All multiple (A-D) and true/false (A/B). It depends a lot on how many people are scheduled. I finished my test in the middle of my batch, and there were people from morning there too. My test was 1pm, and I got out around 3pm.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry if I made any of you nervous. Please remember that we don't need to get 20/20 to pass. I would say 90% are easy, only 2 or 3 are tricky. I was nervous before the test too, but worrying will not help. we should hope for the best.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
When I got there, lots of people from the morning test were still there. The test wasn't started until after 1pm. After we were seated, a lady read the test instructions. So our test started at ~1:20. We were told to keep test content confidential, so can't share the questions with others. If you read the book carefully, there should be no problem. I personally feel those online tests are not very helpful though. So please do not rely on them totally. I checked my answers a few times before I handed it in. Most people finished in 10-15 min.

When we got out of the exam room, there were still some people from the morning there doing interview. I waited at least an hour until it was my turn. The officer asked me for passport, landing paper, PR card. These were all the things he asked for. I asked if I need to show my degree and transcript, he said no need. The conversation with the officer will be the test for language :) He then asked me to talk about my research, since I do research at a university, and where I graduated from, etc. The interview should be 7-8 min top. Then he said, oh did I mention you got 20 in your test? All in all, things are straight forward. At the end, he said my citizenship is granted, and wait for 2-5 months for oath invitation.
Thanks for sharing your experience yyzhuang. This is so helpful for the rest of us. In fact when we get there it will feel as if we've already been there thanks to you guys sharing your experience in this forum !

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
Hi All,

I just finished my tested passes with 19/20. Please do don't rely online practice test, do read the book.
Interview went well considering I lost my landed and PR card. Officer advised I will receive oath within 2 to 4 months. Finally the hard part was over. I wish everyone luck on their journey and hopefully all December application goes quick as possible :D.

Good luck everyone!

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:
Hi All,

I just finished my tested passes with 19/20. Please do don't rely online practice test, do read the book.
Interview went well considering I lost my landed and PR card. Officer advised I will receive oath within 2 to 4 months. Finally the hard part was over. I wish everyone luck on their journey and hopefully all December application goes quick as possible :D.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Morning tests seem to go way faster.

lawyerlady

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
Jarina said:
Hi All,

Good luck everyone!
Congrats Jarina....Thanks for the useful Information. I won't rely on Online Practice Tests only from now.
I wish you all the very best for your Oath Invite ...Enjoy your day

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawyerlady said:
Congrats Jarina....Thanks for the useful Information. I won't rely on Online Practice Tests only from now.
I wish you all the very best for your Oath Invite ...Enjoy your day
Jarina,

Congrats!!!! Way to go...

Btw, thank you for the head ups. Even though I have done online test, I am relying on the book instead.

All the best for everyone,

SFD

esense

Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
December_Applicant said:
Application still in received stage. How many of you are still in the received stage? or am I the only one left? Is this normal?
Oh no, you are not alone, check here: http://goo.gl/L5WDIu

25% of december applicants are still in Received mode ::)

Jarina

Apr 12, 2015
Thanks EVERYONE!!!!!! :D

Oh and I forgot to add make sure you speaks on full sentences to
the officers bc their were pretty harsh with some people today not interacting with
English speaking. Basically that would be your Language test.

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jarina said:
Thanks EVERYONE!!!!!! :D

Oh and I forgot to add make sure you speaks on full sentences to
the officers bc their were pretty harsh with some people today not interacting with
English speaking. Basically that would be your Language test.
Congratulations Jarina . So tension is over now .

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Jarina said:
Hi All,

Good luck everyone!
congratulations!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I had my test today and passed 20/20.
Don't rely on online tests completely because questions in the test are asked indirectly not directly.
Read book 3-4 times or as many times you feel comfortable.

Online tests can sharpen your memory but you still have to rely on the study guide(official Discover Canada Book)

During interview the citizenship officer has approved my application and said congratulations to me and he told me that I will receive oath letter in 2-3 months.

Now waiting for oath.