+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
I think there is a good news for those (Dec 2014 applicants) who have not heard or received anything from CIC yet. The good news is 99% chances are there that your application is complete and in process because incomplete applications for Dec 2014 applicants have already been returned by CIC (if not all then most of them). The bad news is we don't know when we will hear something from CIC ??? all we can do is wait and wait .... sigh ???

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
e.chad said:
Applied Dec 27, 2015
Received Dec 30, 2015

Question: I have done Bachelor's from USA, so was i suppose to attach transcripts as well? i sent copy of my degree
only....
Hi,

Its your choice. Either use the copy of the degree or the transcripts or both.

Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp

Proof of completion of a secondary or post-secondary program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad, includes:
A diploma or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating the successful completion of a program, in French or English, either in Canada or abroad. or
A diploma or certificate from a secondary or post-secondary school indicating successful graduation from a program conducted in French or English, either in Canada or abroad.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahmad said:
I think there is a good news for those (Dec 2014 applicants) who have not heard or received anything from CIC yet. The good news is 99% chances are there that your application is complete and in process because incomplete applications for Dec 2014 applicants have already been returned by CIC (if not all then most of them). The bad news is we don't know when we will hear something from CIC ??? all we can do is wait and wait .... sigh ???
Shahmad,

No news is good news! :) :)

My understanding is that CIC processes around 20 k applications every month so I imagine how busy those guys are.

Would a single application have preferences than a family application? The fact is that a single application will take less time whereas a family one like mine has so much paperwork to deal with.

SFD

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahmad said:
The good news is ...some Dec 2014 applicant (app. rcved on Dec. 2nd) already received their email AOR !

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
AsianIndian said:
The good news is ...some Dec 2014 applicant (app. rcved on Dec. 2nd) already received their email AOR !
And my guess Is that you are one of them :)........... when did you apply and when did you get your AOR

Thanks

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
AsianIndian said:
My application was received on Dec 3rd 2014 .... I have not received any email or AOR from CIC yet ???

Can you please post here the email address by which you received AOR ????

Many thanks !!

Kovachum

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
My application reached on Dec 2nd, but so far no AOR. Waiting.....

Please share the news if anyone received AOR.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahmad said:
My application was received on Dec 3rd 2014 .... I have not received any email or AOR from CIC yet ???

Many thanks !!
No it is not me and the person is not on this forum. It is another forum. The person received their AOR email last week end.
It gives me hope as my application was received on Dec. 1st. So I am still waiting with you guys, but I know that from now on the AOR email can come in any time. I am pretty sure we are going to get at least one AOR in this group this week.

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahmad said:

Many thanks !!
No worries, it's normal as it take from 1 to 4 months to receive an AOR.

the email address is : Client-Update-Mise-a-jour @ cic.gc.ca
* remove the space before and after @

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
Thank you @ Coolguysam, Catchvb, Surgi and Gst.

Australia has a very effective way to process Citizenship applications, my application has been approved through Ministerial discretion(not normal processing) and mind it this also includes the holiday period. Very impressed by the speed of processing.

On the other hand my wife has got no news from CIC till now, hope CIC starts some real time work.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
harry_aussie said:
Thank you @ Coolguysam, Catchvb, Surgi and Gst.

Australia has a very effective way to process Citizenship applications, my application has been approved through Ministerial discretion(not normal processing) and mind it this also includes the holiday period. Very impressed by the speed of processing.

On the other hand my wife has got no news from CIC till now, hope CIC starts some real time work.
Great! What's the difference between the process of application through ministerial discretion vs normal processing?

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
There is an option to apply Citizenship through Ministerial discretion in the Australian Citizenship process. Basically this route is adopted when certain requirements are not met because of some kind of administrative error or some other reasons. In my case there was some mix up of the visa dates and the system was not showing me in compliant of the residence requirement.

So, i wrote a letter to the Immigration Minister and explained him the situation and requested him to excercise his discretion to approve my application. ;D ;D

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
harry_aussie said:
There is an option to apply Citizenship through Ministerial discretion in the Australian Citizenship process. Basically this route is adopted when certain requirements are not met because of some kind of administrative error or some other reasons. In my case there was some mix up of the visa dates and the system was not showing me in compliant of the residence requirement.

So, i wrote a letter to the Immigration Minister and explained him the situation and requested him to excercise his discretion to approve my application. ;D ;D
That's awesome! Congratulations!

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harry_aussie

Thank you for sharing with us how your Australian Citizenship process worked. Quite interesting honestly.

Hope your wife gets her soon.

Cheers,

SFD