+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My application was returned today. My daughter 's file was deemed incomplete, so all family applications, although complete were returned too.
They say language proof is not enough. She's a year 2 university student, so I attached her last grade 12 school report as a language evidence (not a transcript though)...my bad but thought of sharing this with you...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Seweify said:
Hi Guys,

My application was returned today. My daughter 's file was deemed incomplete, so all family applications, although complete were returned too.
They say language proof is not enough. She's a year 2 university student, so I attached her last grade 12 school report as a language evidence (not a transcript though)...my bad but thought of sharing this with you...
I am sorry to know that. When did you originally submit the application?

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seweify said:
Hi Guys,

Seweify,

Sorry to hear that. Contact the Secondary School for the transcripts.

I have submitted a family application similar to yours: I went to the Secondary School my Children went and requested the Attendance Records and transcripts. From the University, I added the Academic Report.

Do you have to pay the the difference from 400 to 630 :( :(

SFD

Seweify

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SFD said:
Seweify,

Sorry to hear that. Contact the Secondary School for the transcripts.

I have submitted a family application similar to yours: I went to the Secondary School my Children went and requested the Attendance Records and transcripts. From the University, I added the Academic Report.

Do you have to pay the the difference from 400 to 630 :( :(

SFD

Unfortunately, I have to pay 230 for the incomplete application only....Complete applications received on Dec 30th do not require additional fees...

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seweify,

Thanks for the head ups.

If they received your application on Dec 30th, they got back to you kind of quickly... which is good in a way. This way, you can re-submit that info asap and hope to hear back from them...

Coolguysam, so what I am see is that if your application is incomplete, you should be hearing from CIC within 3-5 weeks timeframe?

SFD

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SFD said:
Seweify,

Thanks for the head ups.

If they received your application on Dec 30th, they got back to you kind of quickly... which is good in a way. This way, you can re-submit that info asap and hope to hear back from them...

Coolguysam, so what I am see is that if your application is incomplete, you should be hearing from CIC within 3-5 weeks timeframe?

SFD
SFD

See, after analyzing the information from the people in this forum who have got their application returned have submitted their application around 25th December to 10th January 2015, these are being returned quickly because of new fees of $630 that came into effect and CIC is opening the packages to see if any application received on or after 1st January 2015 which has $400 paid should be sent back for new fees and they are also checking the completeness of the application at the same time to ensure that the application is not returned again by CIC after the person resubmits the application with new fees. CIC is doing one step extra/extra effort to save applicant's time and to save them from inconvenience.

Usually under normal circumstances, it takes around 1-2 (sometimes even 4)months for CIC to open the application package to check completeness of the application and then they return it back if its uncomplete.

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Coolguysam,

Thanks for the explanation.

My application was received on Dec 23rd and based on what I have read from many of you, my AOR may come by April which is fine. I believe you are in a similar situation like me.

I had pretty much followed the instructions and sent every single document they listed. I didn't send add docs because like you have stated, why would I send information that have not been requested.

We should be fine...

Cheers,

SFD

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SFD said:
Coolguysam,

Thanks for the explanation.

My application was received on Dec 23rd and based on what I have read from many of you, my AOR may come by April which is fine. I believe you are in a similar situation like me.

I had pretty much followed the instructions and sent every single document they listed. I didn't send add docs because like you have stated, why would I send information that have not been requested.

We should be fine...

Cheers,

SFD
AOR emails for early December are starting to show up (One came in this past week end in another forum). You might receive your AOR as early as next month I believe.

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied Dec 27, 2015
Received Dec 30, 2015

Question: I have done Bachelor's from USA, so was i suppose to attach transcripts as well? i sent copy of my degree
only....

harry_aussie

Jun 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2011
AOR Received.
25/07/2011
File Transfer...
15/08/2011
Med's Request
15/12/2011
Med's Done....
19/12/2011
Interview........
WAIVED !!!!!/ Casual interview with visa officer on 5/3/2012
Passport Req..
21/2/2012, submitted on 27/2/2012
VISA ISSUED...
1/3/2012, valid till 20/12/2012, collected on 5/3/2012
LANDED..........
Landed,16 September 2012
;D ;D Alright friends, here is some good news from Australia ;D ;D

Applied on 5 December 2014(paper)
Notification to appear for Citizenship test(email) 12 December 2014
Citizenship Test on 12 January 2015
Citizenship Approved on 22 January 2015

I am on cloud 9 and will be more happy if my wife gets some news about her Canadian Citizenship. I hope that happens soon ;D ;D

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
harry_aussie said:

I am on cloud 9 and will be more happy if my wife gets some news about her Canadian Citizenship. I hope that happens soon ;D ;D
Congratulations!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry_aussie said:

Congrats...6 weeks from start to end. Unbelievable :).

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
harry_aussie said:

OOhhh!! My GOD !!! Unbelievable!!! Congratulation.....Bravo...... Australia!!!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
harry_aussie said:

WHAT :eek: Is it australian or canadian citizenship you are talking about, i mean it/s incredible ! Congrats Mate ! !