December 2014 citizenship applicants!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pisces123 said:
Hello people

I just got a the test invitation letter in my mailbox, the test date is June 24, in the Surrey office....the letter was dated May 27th.

Can anyone suggest how I can prepare for the test, it seems there is a book to read, where can I get the book?

I am super excited!

My best wishes to all who are in their process...
You can also visit here: http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
Cheers,

ar_fabrics

Jun 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lawyerlady said:
Mississauga Office is sleeping ??? :-[ :(
Now the reason may be working on implementing new law & clear back log. According to CIC they will clear backlog during this fiscal year.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yyzhuang said:
I need some advice. I just got a travel award to attend my conference on July 8-10. This can cover 1/3 of my expenses. I need to respond to the conference organizers by June 10 if I will accept or decline it. My guess is that my oath will be around July 1 or the week after. It's uncertain I can get my invitation letter by June 10th. What do you suggest me to do? If I don't get invitation by 10th, should I decline this award?

I think now it is the time to consider what is important. I am pretty sure you don't want to miss your oath else rescheduling will take 2-3 more months and the anxiety/anxiousness will increase again. I know we are counting every day waiting for the oath letter and every single day seems like a month.
By the way are you thinking about rescheduling the oath in case you have to go to conference. My 6th sense says that you would like to get the oath first? If yes, you may have to either cancel your conference or if possible reschedule it. Once you get the oath then you can go to any number of conferences you want.

I wish and hope that the dates don't clash.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
I need some advice. I just got a travel award to attend my conference on July 8-10. This can cover 1/3 of my expenses. I need to respond to the conference organizers by June 10 if I will accept or decline it. My guess is that my oath will be around July 1 or the week after. It's uncertain I can get my invitation letter by June 10th. What do you suggest me to do? If I don't get invitation by 10th, should I decline this award?
I would say if you do not get invitation by 10th you should accept the offer. If the oath date really coincides with your conference later, you can tell the organizers that something urgent came up and that you now can't make it. It can happen to anybody. However, if you gamble and take the award, if the oath doesn't coincide you would have got best of both.

freedom2003

Mar 2, 2015
H[flash=200,200]i.

I just concerning about my application status on e-cas online.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 23, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Winnipeg Citizenship Operations office on May 11, 2015. The Winnipeg Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

but now e-cas online didn't show up "Your file was transferred to the Winnipeg Citizenship Operations office on May 11, 2015. The Winnipeg

Citizenship Operations office will contact you."

Does anyone know this happening ? :mad:

Thank you.

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
freedom2003 said:
H[flash=200,200]i.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 12, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 20, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your file was transferred to the Winnipeg Citizenship Operations office on May 11, 2015. The Winnipeg Citizenship Operations office will contact you.

but now e-cas online didn't show up "Your file was transferred to the Winnipeg Citizenship Operations office on May 11, 2015. The Winnipeg

Thank you.
Don't worry about it.... many of us including me have this issue! Check the Jan-2015 thread and you will see several people experiencing this issue. No idea what it means but u r not the only one.

lz83

Apr 8, 2015
freedom2003 said:
H[flash=200,200]i.

Thank you.
The same.

Silent

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mine too transfer line disappeared!!! I am from Mississauga.