+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

December 2014 citizenship applicants!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
For Vancouver applicants:

I have calculated data of 9 people who have given their test from 4th Feb 2015 to 30 Mar 2015 and have got their oath between 31 March 2015 to 1 Jul 2015
Average processing time from test date to oath date is around 76 days.

Here is the list of number of days it took from test date to oath date for those 9 people:

PERSON DAYS
1 55
2 77
3 94
4 82
5 82
6 42
7 79
8 85
9 93

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Sam! I'm holding my breath for oath and conference (July 8 ). Chances are I have to miss my conference. But hey, oath is once a lifetime. I will have more conferences in the future!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SONIA KHAN said:
YOU WILL ALSO GET SOON OATH LETTER
Thanks and I wish you good luck for your test invitation :)

Moreover I would like to wish everyone in this forum for the speedy processing of their respective applications

God bless everyone

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
yyzhuang said:
Thanks Sam! I'm holding my breath for oath and conference (July 8 ). Chances are I have to miss my conference. But hey, oath is once a lifetime. I will have more conferences in the future!
Luckily the dates during your test did not clash. Hopefully, the dates don't clash during the oath.
I hope you would be able to attend the oath as well as the conference.
If dates clash, then, as you said, oath is once a lifetime, you should attend your oath and cancel that conference and go for future conferences. :)

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Luckily the dates during your test did not clash. Hopefully, the dates don't clash during the oath.
I hope you would be able to attend the oath as well as the conference.
If dates clash, then, as you said, oath is once a lifetime, you should attend your oath and cancel that conference and go for future conferences. :)
I still don't understand why he would miss his conference if his oath is on Canada Day (very likely). He will have a good 7 days between his oath and the beginning of the conference. No ?

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
I still don't understand why he would miss his conference if his oath is on Canada Day (very likely). He will have a good 7 days between his oath and the beginning of the conference. No ?
Thanks for the note. I understand there's a chance of that. I did a little math and according to Sam's stats, my date will be around July 6. This conference location is not the greatest. If I book late, all the fees, especially hotel will be very high.

BTW I'm a she, not he ;)

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
Thanks for the note. I understand there's a chance of that. I did a little math and according to Sam's stats, my date will be around July 6. This conference location is not the greatest. If I book late, all the fees, especially hotel will be very high.

BTW I'm a she, not he ;)
He didn't know women too can go to conferences.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanV said:
He didn't know women too can go to conferences.
Not a big deal. You can't tell from a person's username.

AsianIndian, I hope what you said will come true, so that I can go to both :) Thanks for your kind speculation about my dates. Hope this is not just my wishful thinking.

I also hope everybody will have good news next week. Have a great weekend! It's sunny in Vancouver!

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need some advice. I just got a travel award to attend my conference on July 8-10. This can cover 1/3 of my expenses. I need to respond to the conference organizers by June 10 if I will accept or decline it. My guess is that my oath will be around July 1 or the week after. It's uncertain I can get my invitation letter by June 10th. What do you suggest me to do? If I don't get invitation by 10th, should I decline this award?

pisces123

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello people

I just got a the test invitation letter in my mailbox, the test date is June 24, in the Surrey office....the letter was dated May 27th.

Can anyone suggest how I can prepare for the test, it seems there is a book to read, where can I get the book?

I am super excited!

My best wishes to all who are in their process...

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pisces123 said:
Hello people

I just got a the test invitation letter in my mailbox, the test date is June 24, in the Surrey office....the letter was dated May 27th.

Can anyone suggest how I can prepare for the test, it seems there is a book to read, where can I get the book?

I am super excited!

Congrats! The book can be found here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/discover/ They have pdf, mp3 format. You can either read or listen.

wd1

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
pisces123 said:
Hello people

I am super excited!

You can also order free hard copy from website yyzhuang mention. Very handy.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:

BTW I'm a she, not he ;)
Thank you for the gender clarification.
I wish you the best.
Cheers,