04-11-2014
Looks like ECAS is down.

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
greg123 said:
Been from Aus (visa exempt country) your status will update to Decision made in ECAS and you will receive a 'confirmation of PR' (COPR) in the mail and you are all set. No PPR for you.
Thanks, Greg. That is good news! So once the COPR arrives in the mail, I can land? How long does it usually take from the time of RPRF payment to the time of getting COPR? I know nothing happens quickly, but I'm just trying to work out... 2 weeks? 2 months? I know CIC don't like to hurry anything.

Thanks for the info.

greg123

Star Member
Oct 7, 2013
Yep, once you get the CoPR in the mail you can land. No idea on timelines, only 2 or 3 months ago the time between MR and PPR / CoPR was only a few weeks. Fingers crossed that now things are moving again you (and the rest of us) might see it in the next couple of weeks.

RajGlen

May 26, 2014
Hi All,

I have provided all pending documents (Japan Police Certificate was pending & provided on 11th Sep 2014). I have already paid the RPRF proactively and provided the payment receipt details to CIC.

Does anyone know the average time taken to move from the In process to Decision Made, request for passport for landing visa?

I need to travel to India by end of Oct 2014 and need to understand this time to get temporary visa (with my open work permit).

Anybody with experience on the timings .. pls advice..

Thanks to all.

AMG

Sep 23, 2014
Hello Friends,

Got My RPRF email today.

I have one question if anyone can answer that I will really appreciate.

Question: I got RPRF request for me and my wife today. After this next step is PASSPORT REQUEST . So when I get my passport request for visa stamping, how will my wife get visa will she have to send her passport to Canada or Delhi embassy will contact her? I am little confused about it.

Thank you

Seva18

Apr 27, 2014
AMG said:
Hello Friends,

Got My RPRF email today.

I have one question if anyone can answer that I will really appreciate.

Question: I got RPRF request for me and my wife today. After this next step is PASSPORT REQUEST . So when I get my passport request for visa stamping, how will my wife get visa will she have to send her passport to Canada or Delhi embassy will contact her? I am little confused about it.

Thank you
Hi , In Passport request mail, they will ask your current residence, and if you are currently outside Canada, they will arrange for visa stamping in respective embassy based on your communication about current residence. If you are in India, they will ask you to send passport to Delhi embassy.

kris19

Mar 3, 2013
Hi joomong.. Congrats. . Has your ecas status already updated to DM? If updated, May I know when it was updated to DM?

RajGlen

May 26, 2014
RajGlen said:
Hi All,

I have provided all pending documents (Japan Police Certificate was pending & provided on 11th Sep 2014). I have already paid the RPRF proactively and provided the payment receipt details to CIC.

Does anyone know the average time taken to move from the In process to Decision Made, request for passport for landing visa?

I need to travel to India by end of Oct 2014 and need to understand this time to get temporary visa (with my open work permit).

Anybody with experience on the timings .. pls advice..

Thanks to all.
I am still not sure of the next stages.. here is my understanding.. :'( :-[ :-\

1) After the final documents are verified, Web status will be changed to "Decision Made" Permanent Residence Granted
2) CIC will request for passport from PA, Spouse & Dependants of PA. This passport will have a Visa stamping.
3) After the passport is returned with a new visa on it, the PA & Dependants need to cross the border to do "Landing". On Landing, the COPR is issued..
4) With COPR, Landing information, the PA & Family need to apply for PR Card..

please correct me if i am wrong..

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Digital_Tofu said:
Just got my RPRF! WOO HOO!!!!

what happens after this stage? typically how long does it take to get to whatever the next stage is?

I can feel I'm getting closer now. Good luck to all who are still waiting for this stage. Seems like a lot of them just hot sent out.
Congrats TOFU, you will soon be packing ;-)

Regards,
Mut

RajGlen

May 26, 2014
bhambanip said:
My Timelines are

Application sent -- 9th december 2013
AOR recieved --- 28th feburary 2014
Medical reciever -- 18th june 2014
Medical Done --- 23rd June 2014
RPRF requested and ECAS changed to DM --- 26th June 2014
Passport Request --- 26th September 2014
Hi All, Will it take 3 months for passport request from CIC? I have already paid for RPRF & also submitted all the final documents to CIC. I need to decide to stay back in Canada or go to India and wait for PR. This time frame from final documents submission to COPR is how long... experts please help..

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
RajGlen said:
I am still not sure of the next stages.. here is my understanding.. :'( :-[ :-\

1) After the final documents are verified, Web status will be changed to "Decision Made" Permanent Residence Granted
2) CIC will request for passport from PA, Spouse & Dependants of PA. This passport will have a Visa stamping.
3) After the passport is returned with a new visa on it, the PA & Dependants need to cross the border to do "Landing". On Landing, the COPR is issued..
4) With COPR, Landing information, the PA & Family need to apply for PR Card..

please correct me if i am wrong..
The application for the PR cArd is not done by you under CEC, when you land this will be done by the immigration officer as part of the CEC package.

regs

Mut

RajGlen

May 26, 2014
Muttley said:
The application for the PR cArd is not done by you under CEC, when you land this will be done by the immigration officer as part of the CEC package.

regs

Mut
Thanks Mut. Is all the remaining steps correct in my post earlier?

Muttley

Star Member
May 7, 2014
RajGlen said:
Thanks Mut. Is all the remaining steps correct in my post earlier?
Hi,

The steps vary. I am from a visa expempt country and it was as follows.

ECAS=DM ( Standard letter within the ECAS) 24 July
CoPR arrived by mail 28July
Landing appointment booked (in country at Ottawa office) 19 Aug
Landed 19 Aug.
CIC processes, signed and dated the CoPR, Stamped my passport,
In process of waiting for PR card.

So the steps will vary a little for visa required countries but it will happen fairly quickly and in a similar order that you are expecting

Regs

Mut

Digital_Tofu

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muttley said:
Congrats TOFU, you will soon be packing ;-)

Regards,
Mut
Thanks Muttley. I already live in Canada, but I've been on a BWOP since May, as my 2 year work permit expired then. I am very much looking forward to the little 1.5 hour drive down to Buffalo to do my landing when this all goes through. Guess it would be rude not to stop at Niagara Falls and have many, many beers too.

Did you land already?

Thanks,
Tofu